Lorhi

Gurjeet_Kaur

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Why not just go to the gurdwara when a child is born. Forget about a get together of dancing and other stuff cuz it usually just involves drinking, meat and other non-sikhi stuff. Instead of wasting time here we should encourage our family and relatives to bring the new born child to the gurdwara and let her/him hear the words of guru and let some simran get into his ear, instead of music.

I think dis will change over time wit our generation... hmmm... maybe... rolleyes.gif

Guest balwinderkaur

no maybes...... we must be firm and stand our ground... say YES THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN WHEN OUR GENERATION TAKES CHARGE... dont be firm one minute and spoil your whole speech in the end by saying...maybe :( . a gurus sikh is never indecisive.... its either yes or no. no grey areas allowed...esp where it concerns sikhee and gender equality. ;)

no maybes...... we must be firm and stand our ground... say YES THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN WHEN OUR GENERATION TAKES CHARGE... dont be firm one minute and spoil your whole speech in the end by saying...maybe :( . a gurus sikh is never indecisive.... its either yes or no. no grey areas allowed...esp where it concerns sikhee and gender equality. ;)

ohmy.gif , sorry bhainji my bad... :wub:

ohmy.gif , sorry bhainji my bad... :wub:

veerji, no need to be sorry here my friend. We all make mistakes

. you are forgiven

Guest balwinderkaur

yea veerjee no worries. im sorry if i sounded like i was picking on u... i certainly wasnt and didnt intend to. im just trying to drive the message home that we sikhs should be very sure of what we want and how we gonna get it. indecisiveness means half the battle lost.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Why not just go to the gurdwara when a child is born. Forget about a get together of dancing and other stuff cuz it usually just involves drinking, meat and other non-sikhi stuff. Instead of wasting time here we should encourage our family and relatives to bring the new born child to the gurdwara and let her/him hear the words of guru and let some simran get into his ear, instead of music.

I think dis will change over time wit our generation... hmmm... maybe... rolleyes.gif

IT will change with our generation. Remember most Punjabi's of our parents generation grew up in the pind and were accustomed to the Punjabi culture without great knowledge of Sikhi.

Now we have our generation, educated and with much access to information.

Lohri is totally manmat to accept it as just a punjabi culture issue. That is ignorant and not aligning to a GurSikhi lifestyle.

As veer or bhainjee pointed out earlier, why not just go to the Gurudwara Sahib and join the sangat. Or do langer dee sevaa.

in our culture we just need any excuse to celebrate (by that i mean eating/drinking ) ;) but when it comes gurdwara any excuse to get out of going there would do.

However i dont see any harm in celebrating such functions providing that we remember waheguru on these occasions. if we are to celebrate lohri because of a new born babie then the child's GENDER shouldnt be an issue. I mean what would you say to your daughter if she asked "Dad why didnt you celebrate lohri on my birth?" or "why didnt you throw a big party on my birth?"

Our gurus treated men and women equally, but since when do we do what our guru's taught.