Protest

I was reading the news article about the Gursikh 'Paramjit Singh' and a few others who has been held on false allegations, and it really bugs me that the panjab police are taking innocent Sikhs and killing them in fake encounter, I think its about time we stood up and did a protest. What do you guys think? and make the forigen office take an actio and make sure they do, we cant let our Gursikh brothers be treated like this, GRRRRRRRRR! :@

How shall we start this protest and go about doing it in calm manner but which has a maximum effect and I dont mean online petition or anything.

i dont think so it will help much .... no govt will come in law system of other country ... each country has it laws and holes in it better to exploit them ... if u can with money power get him best lawyer in country he will be out without any protests ....

i dont think so it will help much .... no govt will come in law system of other country ... each country has it laws and holes in it better to exploit them ... if u can with money power get him best lawyer in country he will be out without any protests ....

You might surprised here, but other countries can intervene when it comes to Human rights (Universal Declaration of Human Rights (United Nations, 1948b). Human rights are international norms that help to protect all people everywhere from severe political, legal, and social abuses. Examples of human rights are the right to freedom of religion, the right to a fair trial when charged with a crime, the right not to be tortured, and the right to engage in political activity.

Also I take you on the offer of getting him a best lawyer, I think the best way is to donate to 'Paramjit' Fund appeal and get him the best lawyer.

We need to do some seva here and now we need to know how to do it.

that jassa geeza sure have some valild points. need to understand the indian justice system and see what is more effective. i bet many people think that sikhs love to protest all the time so one more protest wont make any headlines. look at other options too..

What other options? I think the lawyer one sounds appealing, if the donations can get going and fund it.

You might surprised here, but other countries can intervene when it comes to Human rights (Universal Declaration of Human Rights (United Nations, 1948b). Human rights are international norms that help to protect all people everywhere from severe political, legal, and social abuses. Examples of human rights are the right to freedom of religion, the right to a fair trial when charged with a crime, the right not to be tortured, and the right to engage in political activity.

Also I take you on the offer of getting him a best lawyer, I think the best way is to donate to 'Paramjit' Fund appeal and get him the best lawyer.

Countries only act in their own self interest and wouldn't wanna upset an emerging superpower plus no one really follows the UN mandate anymore- unless its in their favour nonono.gif

Countries only act in their own self interest and wouldn't wanna upset an emerging superpower plus no one really follows the UN mandate anymore- unless its in their favour nonono.gif

Well thats just too SAD isnt it, whats the alternative option then? We can clearly see that there is a breech of Human rights and we can clearly see corruption at its best, whats left?

This is a bad time for Human Rights. Even so-called progressive Western countries are now doing what we thought they wouldn't i.e. Iraq - guatanomo bay.

I think many countries feel that the Panjab situation has been brought to a heal and that it is better left alone and are thus reluctant to do/say anything. Especially those with large economic interests with this rapidly developing country. What would a minority group of about 1/2 percent mean to them? Especially ones that argue relentlessly amongst each other.

But it is still worth a try if you like.