If You Could Go Back In Time And Get The Chance

Gurfateh,

Ok people, this question is deep... If you could ever get a chance to go back to childhood, school, or college, and do something differently, or learned something else, or chose a different path, which would have yielded a different outcome in your life, what would it be? It can be about sikhi, or not... Anything which you feel like you wish you had done different...

We can start with me... Sikhi-wise, I wish I would have payed more attention to gurbani, and what it actually meant... I didn't do that when I was young, and now I'm struggling to understand it...

mmmmm very deep ji............i dont think i would change anything cos even though i have done many many bad things..........it is through this that i am discovering who i realy am and (with maharaj's kirpa) i am trying to get onto the right path..................

each instance in our lives happens for a reason and its all hukam................all i pray for is that Maharaj's blessings to keep this murakh (me) on the correct and true pathh...

bhul chuck maaf

Guest Narinder Singh

I sometimes do wish i could change a lot of things, but then it comes back to what JustME veerji/panji said, my past actions are a result of who i am today, and who i am today is more of what im going to be in the future. So if i try to better my today, i can only hope that the future will be bright, with Wahegurus kirpa of course. :T:

But Guru Sahib is so kind, time and time again, he forgives worthless dogs like me who sin every minute and every second of their lives, it feels good to know that his protective hand is on my head.

Fateh.

I would have tried harder at skool, and also made a move on a girl i liked at skool. also i would have tried to study gurbani harder.

you would have been studying gurbani and making a move on a bibi at the same time???????

I would have tried harder at skool, and also made a move on a girl i liked at skool. also i would have tried to study gurbani harder.

dur fitteh mu tera

studying gurbaani n making a move on some kuri.......satheyanaas vaddthaa

ajj kal dey ladkey vi!

sorry i should have said that i wanted to make a move on honey first, whilst i was at skool, and as i didnt get into sikhi until my early 30s I wish that i had come to to it earlier and because of this my knowledge of gurbani is very limited. this make you hate me a little less?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• No. But it’s an interesting thread and still relevant. There’s not a massive amount of other active threads on this site Are there any Sikh schools in America or Canada (wherever you’re from ) ?
    • I think it's this one https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/worry-over-horrendous-deliberate-fly-1234647
    • https://ommcomnews.com/india-news/offensive-photo-shoot-at-kartarpur-annoys-sikh-community Offensive Photo Shoot At Kartarpur Annoys Sikh Community   Offensive Photo Shoot At Kartarpur Annoys Sikh Community By OMMCOM NEWS On Nov 29, 2021    Share New Delhi:  A clothing brand recently came under fire after an alleged photo shoot at the Kartarpur Gurdwara in Pakistan. In the shoot, a Lahore-based model can be seen bareheaded, posing for the camera, compromising the sanctity of the place, Express Tribune reported. Pakistan Federal Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry and members of the Sikh community expressed annoyance over the fashion photoshoot at the Kartarpur shrine, Pakistan Observer reported. Chaudhry slammed the designer and the model for the photoshoot. “The Designer and the model must apologise to Sikh Community #KartarPurSahib is a religious symbol and not a Film set,” he wrote on Twitter. Manjinder Singh Sirsa, the President of Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management committee, also condemned the act, calling it “desecration”. “Pakistan court issued arrest warrant of star who did dance video at Mosque; same must be done against this woman from Lahore as an example of treating all religion at par.” “Otherwise, any talk of respect for Sikhism is hollow,” he said. In another tweet, Sirsa commented: “Such behaviour and act at the pious place of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji is totally unacceptable! Can she dare to do the same at her religious place in Pakistan? Imran Khan and the government of Pakistan should take immediate action to stop this trend of treating Sri Kartarpur Sahib as a picnic spot by Pakistani people.” Meanwhile, the clothing brand, Mannat, has issued a clarification on the matter. The Instagram page has since removed the controversial posts and released a statement, the report said. “The pictures posted on our accounts are NOT part of any shoot done by Mannat Clothing. These pictures were provided to us by a third-party (blogger) in which they were wearing our dress. Please note that Mannat has absolutely NO role in deciding how and where the pictures were taken,” the statement read. “However, we accept our mistake that we should not have posted this content and we apologise to every single person who was offended by this. All the holy places are very sacred to us.” “The pictures and posts have been removed from all our media channels. Again, we apologise wholeheartedly for hurting the public sentiment. Believe us when we say we had no such intention.” On the other hand, Pakistan Punjab Police in a statement said that they are investigating all aspects related to this incident and strict legal action will be taken against those responsible. “Management of the concerned brand & model are being investigated. Worship places of all religions are equally respectable,” reads the statement, as per the report.

Important Information

Terms of Use