Is This Normal?

malkeet

I know of this Gurdwara, although i've never been there I know someone who used to go there regularly. This Gurdwara is aligned with Baba Vadbhag Singhs Dera. The Baba Ajit Singh passed away leaving no successors. Theres probably only a handful of families who go there.

- They do howver apprently have some weird belief sets and practises, and are apparently involved in exorcisms and such practises...

- There is a split from this Gurdwara also just outside Coventry Bayton Road, Exhall...called something like Baba Vadhbag Singh Gurdwara, who also apparenly perform exorcisms and such practises..

<br />Dear AllI have been reading all your reply's on this topic. I dont think any of you even bother to find out what is Ajit Darbar all about. Baba Ajit Singh ji spend his life helping the poor and ensuring that who so ever walked into the premises of Ajit Darbar received the blessing of BABA WADBHAG SINGH JI. Some of you even punned on the fact that women with problems are treated by him but it is truth that people do get what they ask for through the darbar. The fact that arti happens in all Ajit Darbar is because that is how Baba Wadbhag Singh Ji wanted it to happen. <br />I dont know how many of you know about Mairi and Dera Sahib. If not just google it or go to youtube and search video on Baba Wadbhag Singh Ji. Baba Ajit singh Ji took the responsibility to serve the sangat and has constructed two massive buildings in Mairi to serve the lacs of sangat who visit Dera Sahib during the Holi Festival. The sangat is served with langar for a continuous week and provided with shelter water etc. without any cost. For those of you who have never heard of this place let me tell you the basic amenities like water, electricity, shelter etc. are the most difficult to find in mairi but Baba ji took the effort of ensuring that the sevadars took great care in serving the sangat who came to Dera Sahib to get rid of problems. You will be shocked to see how beautifully the entire event is organized and ensuring that the langar prepared for the sangat is pure and suchha. <br /><br />It is my sincere request that please find the facts about a person before we comment. Also i do understand from where these feeling come as everyday we a NEW BABA SCAM being exposed in India. I hope i have clarified some doubts but if you want more info please let me know and i shall happily share it with you.<br /><br />Sat Sri Akal<br /><br />ROBY<br />
<br /><br /><br />

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

panjabi_rani jee,

You said ''ILL GO TO MY GURUDWARA.. U CAN GO TO URZ''. Bhenjee, all gurudwaras belong to Guru Granth Sahib in reality, never to you or anyone else. Gurudwara means the DOOR of GURU. A gurudwara is the palace of the King , the palace of our Gurujee, we all are just servants and children of Guru, our king. All gurudwaras are open not just to sikhs but non sikhs as well because we are all children of Gurujee. There is never a 'my' and 'your' gurudwara, ok. Infact, Sikhism helps us to get rid of a 'mine' and 'yours' mentality and guides us to see that all things belong to God , and that we can treat everyone as our own, as well as be humble and see ourselves as nothing.

Also, a lot gurudwaras around the world have developed traditions that are not in strict accord with the philosophy and teachings of Sikhism. Thats what is being pointed out here, rather than any personal attack on you, ok. This is a great Sikh youth website where Sikh youths come and learn and compare their lives, what goes on in their families, communities and gurudwaras , in relation to the beautiful philosophy and teachings of Sikhism and make the necessary changes to become better, more enlightened and informed Sikhs.

The people on here who are pointing out that artee should not be part of any gurudwara's practise have no personal animosity towards you and the gurudwara you attend. Infact, im rather proud of you that you go to gurudwara so regularly. Thats a very healthy and beautiful habit. In a way you remind me of myself because all through my childhood and earlier part of my teenage life, my parents took me to a gurudwara where they did artee every sunday. It all looked great and nice seeing so many flowers being thrown at Gurujee, and the granthi waving a tray of divas around Gurujee, like a nice way of worshipping God. However, as i understood Sikhism better, i realised all these rituals are derived from Hinduism and not the real way of showing respect and to worship Gurujee. Let me elaborate.....

The best way of loving and respecting Gurujee is to learn how to read gurmukhi script asap, then get started on learning how to read SGGS, then progressing on to learn the meanings of SGGS line by line. This will help a person to understand what Gurujee is saying, what Gurujee wants us to do, how Gurujee wants us to think, what Gurujee wants us to think about, and what Gurujee wants us to say. Gurujee does not need us to worship Him with trays of lights and flowers because what really concerns Gurujee is how we remodel our lifes, consciousness and mindset along Gurujee's teachings. Gurujee has come here to rescue us from this evil world and for that we show our love and worship to Gurujee by being obedient to His Words and Orders, ok.

The real purpose of a Gurudwara , is not so much to be a hub for religous rituals but a place where Gurujee's Word, Wisdom, and Wonder is sung, read and understood. A Gurudwara is where we receive Gurujee's Grace and bow before Gurujee to show our loyalty, surrender and allegiance to Gurujee. A Gurudwara is where we all sit together as Gurujee's children and family and eat together. A Gurudwara is where Sikhism is taught, not just to Sikhs but to non Sikhs. A gurudwara is a lighthouse beaming joy, hope, love, and rescue from maya to anyone who lives around it. A gurudwara is a place which helps people to learn how to be saint-soldiers and live a life of nam, daan and ishnan, sewa, simran and satsang, and miri and piri. A Gurudwara is a place which offers people to become baptised Sikhs of Gurujee.

I like the fact that you appeared to get angry when you felt the gurudwara you visit was being insulted. But, do express that anger not against the people on here who are pointing out that artee worship in a gurudwara should not be a part of any gurudwaras practises, but towards those that mix up Sikhism with Hinduism, and those that say bad things about Sikhs and Sikhism in general. Use that ability within you to fight, to fight against those rubbish Sikhism, and use that strength and fighting spirit within you to tell people in your town about the greatness of Sikhism and bring non sikhs to Sikhism.

I think you have the ability to be a wonderful baptised Sikh of Gurujee who loves all Sikhs you meet anywhere. This is a wonderful website where you can make many good friends and learn a lot about Sikhism. I hope you did not find anything i said disrespectful to you because i have only shared my thoughts with a loving heart.

btw, i dont have any problem with the way you write. i love short cuts myself. When i was at university, we had no computers and laptops, itouch those days so i had to take millions of notes by hand , so i myself am used to writing in tiny abbreviations like hu for who haha. When i do write here tho, i write in long sentences in case someone doesnt catch my abbreviations. I would probably write like you if i was from your generation hehe. Very interesting hehe.