Hair Loss Due To Dastaar!

and to add to the points above (naturally i have a big forhead anyway), dastar sometimes slips up and up and just gets me annoyed somtimes, but you should let ur hair breathe too, obviously when you go out, wear a dastar, but when u at home, just let the hair out and let is have some air too.

Also I tell you whats work on my kesh, herbal essences, shampoo and conditioner leave my hair soft and really nice to touch!

You've probably got a case of tractional alopecia. Tie your joora looser and your hair should return (unless you have male pattern baldness at the same time).

Oil application is all pakhand-there is no solid scientific literature to back up oil causing hair regeneration. The only function of oil is to lubricate the passage of the kanga through the kesh, preventing hair being traumatically pulled out from the scalp. If you find oil useful-by all means continue using it.

As a general tip, give yourself a scalp massage in the morning and in the evening, with your fingertips. making sure that all areas of the scalp are covered. Don't rub the scalp. Massage eases tension in the scalp muscles and will enhance the circulation of blood to the smaller scalp vessels. Another trick is to gently tap a comb or brush (bristle and tooth end) onto the scalp. This will also enahnce circulation.

You may also wish to invert (but be carful if you have health problems such as heart problems, blood pressure and glaucoma etc). Inversion brings blood to the scalp vessels. You can start off by flopping your head over the bed for 30 seconds initially, slowly extending to a max of 3 minutes per day. Shoulder stands are excellent, but again be very careful if you have not done them before. The best bet is an inverter that you can buy from various sports outlets. Inversion does lead to hair regeneration.

Eat a balanced diet with a good B vitamin source. If you are exhibiting male pattern baldness, a tablet called Propecia ( which is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor) may be an option-see your GP.

Take regular exercise and do your naam simran. The latter will relax you immensely. Say a sincere ardas from the core of your heart for strength of kesh, to Akal Purakh Jee. He will answer your prayer.

Take care.