Here We Go Again

illi

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its a party with booze plus add desi's immensly high on ego and thats what you get.

I'm actually quite surprised you would make such a statement

Rather than pass judgement you should do what you usually do and post a gurbani thuk which the sangat can contemplate on. grin.gif

i dunno what to post for this :sady:

i was being straight forward thats all. thats all wat every brown person is goin to think anyway, i just said it :TH:

Being straight foward is one thing, grouping everyone together is a completely different thing. Who are you to tell what resides inside other people's hearts?

As for not knowing what thuk to post for this topic there are quite a few on judgement which I'm sure you know.

Guest Papi
Being straight foward is one thing, grouping everyone together is a completely different thing. Who are you to tell what resides inside other people's hearts?

As for not knowing what thuk to post for this topic there are quite a few on judgement which I'm sure you know.

:ysad: my apologies pray.gif

Guest Narinder Singh
This is very sad news, may waheguru bless his soul. pray.gif

But as for blaming gursikhs for violence amongsts drunk punjabi teens, give me a break, these guys arent underprivaleged, nor are they the rejects of society, theyre a bunch of suburban gangstas that come from well off families. Where are all the Punjabi organizations who openly support and promote such behavior in their music, programs and events?

I've been to Canada and Brampton in particular, and i was amazed at how much sangat and access to youth events and programs there really is, so dont even give me the "sikhs dont care card".

Fateh.

Once again, stop making assumption if these kids were drunk or not. The cops didn't mention anything about alcohol being involved for this incident.

Oh please. These so-called youth events are a joke. A lot of youths can't relate to those events. How many people even show up for these events? I doubt your average sikh or punjabi are even aware about these events.

Stop crying like a baby man, and stop denying the HUGE possibility and almost certainity that alcohol was being consumed at this "BBQ", where did the beer bottles come from? The Sky?

If events held for sikh youth are a joke, then you should try organizing something better, oh wait, i can here it coming, let me guess, you're gonna use the "mona" card and say that they dont let me (Most likely, so i guessed i saved you from wasting your breath).

As far as awareness of events, i visited Canada after twelve freakin years and found out about youth events happening, and i only stayed there for a weekend! Excuses, excuses, excuses.

So instead of getting <Edited> off a "practicing" Sikhs, go <admin-profanity filter activated> and complain to your punjabi organizations who happily promote and encourage such behavior, sikhs are strongly against such behavior, yet people like you label them as fanatics and extremists when they DO take a stand against it. So Sikhs are damned if they do, damned if they dont.

Grow up and stop waiting for some angel to come save you and put you on the right path, look under your own collar and see what YOU can do for the Panth (if thats what you even wanna do).

Fateh.

Guest Papi

slok mÚ 3 ]

salok ma 3 ||

Salok, Third Mehla:

mwxsu BirAw AwixAw mwxsu BirAw Awie ]

maanas bhariaa aaniaa maanas bhariaa aae ||

One person brings a full bottle, and another fills his cup.

ijqu pIqY miq dUir hoie brlu pvY ivic Awie ]

jith peethai math dhoor hoe baral pavai vich aae ||

Drinking the wine, his intelligence departs, and madness enters his mind;

Awpxw prwieAw n pCwxeI Ksmhu Dky Kwie ]

aapanaa paraaeiaa n pashhaanee khasamahu dhhakae khaae ||

he cannot distinguish between his own and others, and he is struck down by his Lord and Master.

ijqu pIqY Ksmu ivsrY drgh imlY sjwie ]

jith peethai khasam visarai dharageh milai sajaae ||

Drinking it, he forgets his Lord and Master, and he is punished in the Court of the Lord.

JUTw mdu mUil n pIceI jy kw pwir vswie ]

jhoot(h)aa madh mool n peechee jae kaa paar vasaae ||

Do not drink the false wine at all, if it is in your power.

nwnk ndrI scu mdu pweIAY siqguru imlY ijsu Awie ]

naanak nadharee sach madh paaeeai sathigur milai jis aae ||

O Nanak, the True Guru comes and meets the mortal; by His Grace, one obtains the True Wine.

sdw swihb kY rMig rhY mhlI pwvY Qwau ]1]

sadhaa saahib kai ra(n)g rehai mehalee paavai thhaao ||1||

He shall dwell forever in the Love of the Lord Master, and obtain a seat in the Mansion of His Presence. ||1||

This is very sad news, may waheguru bless his soul. pray.gif

But as for blaming gursikhs for violence amongsts drunk punjabi teens, give me a break, these guys arent underprivaleged, nor are they the rejects of society, theyre a bunch of suburban gangstas that come from well off families. Where are all the Punjabi organizations who openly support and promote such behavior in their music, programs and events?

I've been to Canada and Brampton in particular, and i was amazed at how much sangat and access to youth events and programs there really is, so dont even give me the "sikhs dont care card".

Fateh.

Once again, stop making assumption if these kids were drunk or not. The cops didn't mention anything about alcohol being involved for this incident.

Oh please. These so-called youth events are a joke. A lot of youths can't relate to those events. How many people even show up for these events? I doubt your average sikh or punjabi are even aware about these events.

Stop crying like a baby man, and stop denying the HUGE possibility and almost certainity that alcohol was being consumed at this "BBQ", where did the beer bottles come from? The Sky?

If events held for sikh youth are a joke, then you should try organizing something better, oh wait, i can here it coming, let me guess, you're gonna use the "mona" card and say that they dont let me (Most likely, so i guessed i saved you from wasting your breath).

As far as awareness of events, i visited Canada after twelve freakin years and found out about youth events happening, and i only stayed there for a weekend! Excuses, excuses, excuses.

So instead of getting <Edited> off a "practicing" Sikhs, go <admin-profanity filter activated> and complain to your punjabi organizations who happily promote and encourage such behavior, sikhs are strongly against such behavior, yet people like you label them as fanatics and extremists when they DO take a stand against it. So Sikhs are damned if they do, damned if they dont.

Grow up and stop waiting for some angel to come save you and put you on the right path, look under your own collar and see what YOU can do for the Panth (if thats what you even wanna do).

Fateh.

1.) I said how can someone claim all people were drunk at this party and brawl? It wasn't like these kids were all hanging out together and having fun before beating each other up.

2.) Actually there is some Indo-Canadian groups here in Canada that deal with problems within' the community that youth and elders can go to.

3.) Which Punjabi organizations promote violence? Please enlighten me here.

4.) I done some "seva" before. (Like saving some singhs' butt before they end up getting beating up)

Yes, I do find these youth events useless. There are better and effective ways to reach to the youth then simply having some kind of event that youth do kirtan all night long without discussing any real issues that most youth can talk about. Like I said before, ask your average sikh/punjabi about these events. I bet you that they will have no clue what you're talking about.

5.) You don't know me personally, so don't say "sikhs are strongly against such behavior, yet people like you label them as fanatics and extremists when they DO take a stand against it. So Sikhs are damned if they do, damned if they dont." to me. I don't even support drinking and doing drugs. In fact, I personally don't even drink or get high by doing drugs.

Guest Narinder Singh

Most Punjabi organizations promote violence and the use of alcohol through their music and rowdiness. I have yet to see or hear of a Punjabi organization fighting against female foeticide, the use of alcohol, dowry, the joy over having a baby boy over a baby girl, our rivers drying up in punjab, farmer suicide, the list goes on and on. If anything, theyre happy to promote the use of alcohol, they see no harm in dowry, they have LORHIS for when baby boys are born, and they still go around talking about the five rivers of punjab even though punjab was left with 2 1/2 of them (which are drying up). Now go to any gurudwara across the globe, where people speak out against the use of alcohol, where people speak out against female foeticide, where people speak out against the joy of having a boy over a girl, where people speak out against whats happening in punjab today...hhhmmm, shouldnt we expect the PUNJABI organizations to do this, shouldnt we consider that their job???

5.) You don't know me personally, so don't say "sikhs are strongly against such behavior, yet people like you label them as fanatics and extremists when they DO take a stand against it. So Sikhs are damned if they do, damned if they dont." to me. I don't even support drinking and doing drugs. In fact, I personally don't even drink or get high by doing drugs.

I apogolize for that statement veereh, i dont know you personally. But the point im trying to make is if a bunch of singhs got together and starting protesting at a concert of jazzy b because of the use of alcohol and promoting of violence, im sure those singhs would be labeled as fanatatics and extremists. And if singhs dont do anything and raise their voice at events likes these, they're efforts are considered a "joke", and are seen as not doing enough.

Fateh.

fateh

this guy was a good buddy of mine, and just to clarify alcohol was at the party, if it is a youth party, it isnt a party without alcohol or weed. in my guess a small percentage of ppl prolly did not consume anything, but just to clarify...amrinder(minda), and his buds were invited to a party, where they did not know that the tamil kids they had problems with cuple of years ago would be there. And these tamil guys are not the average "nice" people, unfortunetly they are from the "jane n finch" area, where crime is very high, and from there acts of murder occur daily. However, with over 20 tamil people, that amrinder guy had nothing to do, but either get beat up without throwing the first punch or get beat up by throwing the first punch, he was in no win situation since him and his 3-4 buddies were surrounded by a mob. so instead of blaming anyone, only ppl to blame is us, we are the youth of the Khalsa, and it is up to us to prevent our brothers and sisters from indulging in these acts. any suggestions gurmukho?

Most Punjabi organizations promote violence and the use of alcohol through their music and rowdiness. I have yet to see or hear of a Punjabi organization fighting against female foeticide, the use of alcohol, dowry, the joy over having a baby boy over a baby girl, our rivers drying up in punjab, farmer suicide, the list goes on and on. If anything, theyre happy to promote the use of alcohol, they see no harm in dowry, they have LORHIS for when baby boys are born, and they still go around talking about the five rivers of punjab even though punjab was left with 2 1/2 of them (which are drying up). Now go to any gurudwara across the globe, where people speak out against the use of alcohol, where people speak out against female foeticide, where people speak out against the joy of having a boy over a girl, where people speak out against whats happening in punjab today...

No disrespect my friend, I'm not a fan of the 'Super-Punjabi-Bhangra-Glassy' culture, in fact I see it as complacent and reactionary, but I really can't see the description you have of Gurdwaray and religious Sikhs truly facing up to issues such as female foeticide, honour killings, forced marriage etc etc --- because the way I see it is that they (we?) are just as much in denial about these things. I have never in my life seen anyone in a Gurdwara speak out against these things. I wish it was different but most people don't address these issues with any honesty at all, they are in denial and are sometimes even complicit in perpetuating the sexist and warped value systems of Punjabi culture by not standing against them strongly enough.

Guru Fateh