Martial Skill

Do you know a martial art  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do u have any martial skill

• Yes
    • No
    • Took some training long time back

u R MESSING NOT ME NICE U MOVE LIKE LIGHTNIN BUT UR MOVES SHALL BE OF NOUSE AGAINIST A PERSON WHO TWISTS BIG IRON ROD WITH HIS MIGHTY CHEST OR WHO CAN FIRE AT THE HEARING OF SOUND BE CAREFUL

what if that sound is coming from another gun targeting at you, would u shoot wind or shoot from your gun then? :wub:

These r reflexes one learns from specific training u can estimate the enemy correctly even blinfolding u can assemble the weapon in seconds in case of fired upon reaction shall be in splilt seconds try to do it practically then making comments on others it will help u in defending urself.

Why on earth would you want to be blindfolded while assembling your weapon? rolleyes.gif Does it not make more sense to look at what you’re doing? I mean how many Singhs do you know that went in to combat blindfolded?

see this is part of guerilla warfare or commando training only words differ it will help u in specific situations do not take it to ur heart only persons with milatary training and knowldge can understand these basic tactics u will also comment about survival training tactics like the indian army generals did before kargil conflict that in nuclear age and in hitech age these r outdated but took heavy beating in kargil. Blindfolding assemling will help u enhacing ur understanding of weapons and helpful in operations in darkness u r forgetting that it were singhs who used to strike in darkness and introduced nightfighting in medival times ur post shows ur ignorance of milatary tactics and guerlia tactics which teaches u to remaining fit in each situation these r common to us as I come from the family of legendary singh fighters and very decorated soldiers that is why it is said those sweat in peace bleeds less in war. That is why this is my opinion every singh should be tyar per tyar.during nov 1984 anti sikh killings ALTHOUGH I was young at that time I was repulsh the mob with gun successful learn these tactics than commenting it will help u in selfdefence.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dancing Warrior

Thank you for enlightening me about combat history and skill as practiced by the Indian army etc and yourself, what is your opinion on the art of Kalaripayatu? and Vajra Mushti? I mean its no comparison to “bending bars with your chest” as you stated, but how do you compare these two arts with what you practice?

Thank you for enlightening me about combat history and skill as practiced by the Indian army etc and yourself, what is your opinion on the art of Kalaripayatu? and Vajra Mushti? I mean its no comparison to “bending bars with your chest” as you stated, but how do you compare these two arts with what you practice?
see veer ji every martial art is good but in order to win the battle u need milatary strategy . I will u the example of battle of somnath in 1026 AD where lakhs of fighters were defeated and mauled by MEHMOOD GAZNI reason who have just 30 thouand troops only were muslims better martial art experts answer is no muslims dug up trenches in planned maaner and kept 5000 reserve troops which attacked in last ,same happened in battle of traian i1192 AD when PRTIVI RAJ CHAUHAN army of 8 lacs were humbled by Mohhamed Gauri army of 1 lac 20 thouand muslims kept 10 thouand reserve and muslims were expert in horse riding and were so expert in archery while riding that while racing they used to shot plenty of arrows unlike hindus these r some of few examples . Now I come to sikh parts GURU GOBIND SINGH JI were first one to introduce milatary exercises and division of troops HOLA MOHAALA was the milatary exercises held annualy for 15-20 days where sikhs were divided into rival troops and practise fighting. But regular exercises were introduced by British general MOUNTGOOMERY when allied forces were facing defeats at the hands of germans despite opposition from allied commanders in1941 . Tactics introduced by GURU JI helped sikhs to defend againist the most powerful enemies. Now there is greater need for sikhs to learn and practice these tactics along with modern tactics in order to survive.

Tactics and strategy are the key to all fighting, that is undoubtably true. Hawk could you explain the neetiya and sidant that should be applied in a street environment rather then a battlefield environment, you obviously wont dig a trench in the street would you? How should you engage a single opponent in the street, what penthreh and strategies would be employed, and also what fighting concepts are to be used and also what are the key principles in fighting in order to be the victor?

Tactics and strategy are the key to all fighting, that is undoubtably true. Hawk could you explain the neetiya and sidant that should be applied in a street environment rather then a battlefield environment, you obviously wont dig a trench in the street would you? How should you engage a single opponent in the street, what penthreh and strategies would be employed, and also what fighting concepts are to be used and also what are the key principles in fighting in order to be the victor?

See veer ji u have put up a good question I as a young boy along with my family was surrounded by 500 mob in 1984 I just took my shotgun and aimed at main power lines so that with single shot live wire could have burst and felt on mob killing most of them my target will be to kill all then u can end up killing 100 or so. in single combat karete skills are best along with dobble edged kashmiri kirpans if need be use it in split second every martial art is good but revolver not the pistol is the handy weapon in case of mob or group attacks shotguns and rifles r very useful particular bugshots r good even .22 rifles r simplest and best to use. Even GATKA IS USEFUL recently jhoota sauda men armed with rifles were overpowered by 24 singhs expert in GATKA and dera chief has to run after leaving one of his shoes. BHUL CHUK MAUF EVEN IAM NOT MASTER BUT A HUMBLE SINGH

Guest Dancing Warrior

See veer ji u have put up a good question I as a young boy along with my family was surrounded by 500 mob in 1984 I just took my shotgun and aimed at main power lines so that with single shot live wire could have burst and felt on mob killing most of them my target will be to kill all then u can end up killing 100 or so. in single combat karete skills are best along with dobble edged kashmiri kirpans if need be use it in split second every martial art is good but revolver not the pistol is the handy weapon in case of mob or group attacks shotguns and rifles r very useful particular bugshots r good even .22 rifles r simplest and best to use. Even GATKA IS USEFUL recently jhoota sauda men armed with rifles were overpowered by 24 singhs expert in GATKA and dera chief has to run after leaving one of his shoes. BHUL CHUK MAUF EVEN IAM NOT MASTER BUT A HUMBLE SINGH

How many people did you kill by shooting the power lines with your shot gun?

Hawk you missed the point of my post, I asked you to explain concepts and principles of fighting, not how you supposidly shot soemone with an air rifle. The only way to see how much someone understands is to actually spar with them or physically go through techniques, counters, setups, baits, and see how well they do.

How many people did you kill by shooting the power lines with your shot gun?

They just ran away with just one shot leaving behind their weapons it was in air second i was aimed at lines even i was surprised by their reactions they were all sheep in front of a single singh what will u do in this situation

Your skill is a reflection of the people you go against, if your opponents are tilleh and run at the sight of a guy spinning a sword or someone shooting a gun into the air, they aint exactly good opponents.

Great martial artists in the sikh community are very few. Everyone lieks to dress up in bana, big dumala, kareh and shastar, when it comes to using them they have no idea.