Life is Beautiful

naam_jap

QUOTE (balwinderkaur @ Jan 15 2004, 07:04 AM)

nice post japmans veerjee. sikhee doesnt get lost by watching movies....wonder where do people get such ideas from???

----------------

No it won't 'always'. But neither does it help to improve our Sikhi!!

Think about it for a moment..

Love stories = more Kaam thoughts

Music = I cant remember the shabad, but it says Guru jee save me from the manmukh songs.

Did you know that if you eat food while watching filth, your food becomes poison.

In the end, Gurbanee proves that watching manmat films does not take you towards Sikh but instead hinders it.

If you wish for Gurbanee quotes to be convinced that your statement/ post is incorrect, then please let me know bhainjee.

Bhainjee, what balance to life are you referring to????

A Sikh has a commitment to Guru Sahib jee. We are only here on earth for one reason.

What if i spent the whole of the last week watching movies, and then i Died/ passed away today!! I would have wasted my chance when i could have been doing something useful as per Sikhi...i could have been concentrating on my Naam Abyhaas. I surely would have failed my life test bhainjee.

And i definately do not want to obtain the human life again, nor the cycle of births or deaths.

When being stuck into worldy attachments, we forget our duty to Guru Sahib jee.

Please don't forget it.

Gurbanee mentions how we should be doing Naam Jap with EVERY swas/breath.

Are we even able to fulfill that much!!??!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember guru jee said.. one can live and enjoy everything in this world PLUS he/she can also do his/her first duty which is to serve the god..

Sikhi to me is simple.. Enjoy, have clean fun and don't forgot whose giving all these things.. which is god :( so thank him and remember him daily .. that's it.. no more complications.. no more Do's or Don'ts ... it's the use of common sense what to do or what not to do.. Sikhi never said what human shud do what human shudn't do.. sikhi only advises us to be a good healthy human !

Coming back to this movie topic.. it's not a movie of love story or the movie which base on music ;)

Guest balwinderkaur
it all depends on the content, of your

music

movies

books

yea for once i agree with u wholeheartedly veerjee gill... thats well put. but not all content of books, movies and music is nonsense...some people are just over generalising every single thing making it sound like ALLL books movies and music are bakwaas. ;) Thats too fanatical... like taliban tongue.gif ,,, or worse rather. :(