What Did Maharaj Do?

I see all these 'fake' babe and those who call themselves Sikhs trying to corrupt or ridicule the Khalsa and the Sikh way of Life.

I remember about many such occurrences back in the past, stretching from (at least) Guru Arjan Dev Ji's time onwards. During all this time, what did the Guru do about such people? My understanding is that the Guru in his 6th, 7th and 8th form deliberately did not write Gurbani because of what was happening, with fake gurus trying to take the Throne of Maharaj and writing fake bani.

But what else was done?

I see all these 'fake' babe and those who call themselves Sikhs trying to corrupt or ridicule the Khalsa and the Sikh way of Life.

I remember about many such occurrences back in the past, stretching from (at least) Guru Arjan Dev Ji's time onwards. During all this time, what did the Guru do about such people? My understanding is that the Guru in his 6th, 7th and 8th form deliberately did not write Gurbani because of what was happening, with fake gurus trying to take the Throne of Maharaj and writing fake bani.

But what else was done?

please don't make such assuptions, it sounds very offensive. Gurbani is Dhur Ki (From the Source), and its revelation is not subject to the challenges thrown by imposters.

Actually this is not offensive. True, bani is Dhurki but if Guru Sahib Ji's decided not to uchaar any bani then that is there perogative also.

During the times of Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji onwards there was intense activity form those would-be-gurus who wanted to confuse and disrupt the Sikhs and they were trying to write kuchi bani and pass it off as true, hence the reason why the Gurus did not uchaar any bani/shabads during this period.

Actually this is not offensive. True, bani is Dhurki but if Guru Sahib Ji's decided not to uchaar any bani then that is there perogative also.

During the times of Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji onwards there was intense activity form those would-be-gurus who wanted to confuse and disrupt the Sikhs and they were trying to write kuchi bani and pass it off as true, hence the reason why the Gurus did not uchaar any bani/shabads during this period.

and just to add to that, One day when Guru Hargobind Singh Ji was hunting in the forest, a very large snake came up behind them. Everyone was shocked and scared etc, but the snake stopped before guru ji, reared up his head and began to hit it on the floor. Guru ji took his kirpan and cut of the snakes head. From within the snakes body came out thousands of little maggot like creature things. When everyone asked what was the reason for such a spectacle, Guru Ji informed them that the snake was a person in his previous life which falsely claimed to be a guru of some sort, and all the maggots inside him were those who had followed him. He had come to be forgiven and to be released from his joon.So remember Bani hai Guru, Guru hai Bani.