Mission Conversion

Hey folks have a look at this one and know about the plans to convert panjabis. A question that arises here is : Are panjabis ready to deal with all this. No wonder why so many schools like sacred heart, st joseph etc are opening in panjab.

Have a look.

www.igniteindia.org

Ready for what? War?

Anyway, what is wrong about Punjabis converting to Christianity?

Why are you so worried about Punjabis converting anyway? Shouldn't you be more worried about Sikhs converting instead?

The reason i m worried abt panjabis converting is coz as per their own website figures 63% of panjabis are sikhs and their target for year 2007 is 125,000 so that means if it's accomplished nearly 78,000 of them are gonna be sikhs. As for conversion i have no problem if these people read gurmat first and then analyse christianity and if they feel christianity is better for them then it's cool but the problem is that most manmukhs feel what they are currently following is sikhi when actually they don't give it a chance.

And ready for....yes a war of a kind, an undeclared ideological war luring people with salvation, happiness etc and sometimes also with money and generally people whom society calls low caste fall prey either for money or to get rid of their low status or for a mix of both.

Why should Punjabis give Sikhi a chance? Should Punjabis also give Hinduism and Islam a chance as well? Like I said before, you should worry about the Sikh community and let the Punjabis worry about their community.

U shud remember tht panjabis are not aliens infact 63% of them are sikhs and they shud give genuine sikhi (not the manmukh version they follow) a chance first by reading gurbani and sikh ideology and then comparing it against christianity. Same goes for other communities to read their religious philosophies thoroughly before thinking abt leaving them. I am not begging other panjabis to give sikhi a chance before christianity...u guys got it wrong. Most ppl in india who convert have least idea abt their own religion and usually succumb to the tricky and luring parchar. My idea is tht these ignorant ppl shud not fall in the trap of misleading, clever and false parchar of other religions like christianity, islam who believe in exclusiveness of their religions and think only people from their religions attain salavtion and think that only their religions are true and the rest are false.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I am talking abt 63% panjabis who are sikhs to give genuine sikhi (not the manmukh version they follow) a chance first by reading gurbani and sikh ideology and then comparing it against christianity. Same goes for other communities to read their religious philosophies thoroughly before thinking abt leaving them. I am not begging other panjabis to give sikhi a chance before christianity...u guys got it wrong.My idea tht these ignorant ppl shud not fall in the trap of misleading, clever and false parchar of other religions like christianity, islam who believe in exclusiveness of their religions and think only people from their religions attain salavtion and think that only their religions are true and the rest are false."

Sikhs must be doing something majorly WRONG for people to be ready to desert like this!

WHY DON'T SIKHS REFLECT A BIT ON THEIR OWN SHORTCOMINGS THAT IS MAKING IT SO EASY FOR THEIR BRETHREN TO LEAVE?

Get this in your heads.Maybe this is a God given sign that WE need to change???

PS - I heard something like 80% percent of Sikh youth in villages have haircuts now. How do you explain this?

(Don't fall back on the Kalyug thing because that is just too convenient!)

"I am talking abt 63% panjabis who are sikhs to give genuine sikhi (not the manmukh version they follow) a chance first by reading gurbani and sikh ideology and then comparing it against christianity. Same goes for other communities to read their religious philosophies thoroughly before thinking abt leaving them. I am not begging other panjabis to give sikhi a chance before christianity...u guys got it wrong.My idea tht these ignorant ppl shud not fall in the trap of misleading, clever and false parchar of other religions like christianity, islam who believe in exclusiveness of their religions and think only people from their religions attain salavtion and think that only their religions are true and the rest are false."

Sikhs must be doing something majorly WRONG for people to be ready to desert like this!

WHY DON'T SIKHS REFLECT A BIT ON THEIR OWN SHORTCOMINGS THAT IS MAKING IT SO EASY FOR THEIR BRETHREN TO LEAVE?

One thing we done terribly wrong is not to have moved ahead with the time. We are not using media and technology for parchaar of sikhi.

So much money but no single sikhi tv channel for parchaar, no sikh news channel to present our viewpoint, no newspaper to raise awareness among our masses, no free gurbani literature for ppl in villages, no missionaries to preach gurmat in this dark age . How many international level parcharaks we have? Even our gurdwaras have fake granthis who can't even recite proper gurbani. Our parcharaks can't do parchar to our own kids in west coz they can't speak english. If there are any good parcharaks they aren't treated well by committees. Then come parents who don't infuse sikh values in their kids and let them have their way which lets them drift away from religion. Then our foremost body sgpc is malfunctioning coz of political pressure and under the control of enemies. They,ve got tons of money but no brains and guts to spend it for sikhi. As a result of that ppl are drifting away from sikh values. Majority of them go to deras, pakhandis, pandits, peers. The fault lies on us from top to bottom. And on top of everything we have loads of enemies with venemous agendas like rss, arya samaj, shiv sena, vhp and indian govt who want to dissolve sikhi and we are busy drinking and doing bhangra.

Boys shedding their hair is also a result of these above problems. We aren't simply prepared and equipped to deal with this wave of 'moderisation' which is sweeping everyone. Bollywood or fashion is effecting not only our youth but our culture as well, often boys get the blame for cutting hair because it most visible but do we ever blame girls for threading etc, do we blame aunties for following kitty party culture, wearing bindis,dressing up as hindu women, following useless hindu rituals and adopting their lifestyle through their movies and their tv serials or their media. The worst thing in the whole matter is that we are simply not ready to do anything.

If we look at muslims or pakistanis they are more concerned abt the hindu culture corrupting their youth and society than us. Repeatedly their parcharaks mention abt this to their society to stay away from hindu culture and not let it affect them though they live in a different country where bollywood movies are illegal but we live in same country and get mocked and still dont care.

One thing we done terribly wrong is not to have moved ahead with the time. We are not using media and technology for parchaar of sikhi.

So much money but no single sikhi tv channel for parchaar, no sikh news channel to present our viewpoint, no newspaper to raise awareness among our masses, no free gurbani literature for ppl in villages, no missionaries to preach gurmat in this dark age . How many international level parcharaks we have? Even our gurdwaras have fake granthis who can't even recite proper gurbani. Our parcharaks can't do parchar to our own kids in west coz they can't speak english. If there are any good parcharaks they aren't treated well by committees. Then come parents who don't infuse sikh values in their kids and let them have their way which lets them drift away from religion. Then our foremost body sgpc is malfunctioning coz of political pressure and under the control of enemies. They,ve got tons of money but no brains and guts to spend it for sikhi. As a result of that ppl are drifting away from sikh values. Majority of them go to deras, pakhandis, pandits, peers. The fault lies on us from top to bottom. And on top of everything we have loads of enemies with venemous agendas like rss, arya samaj, shiv sena, vhp and indian govt who want to dissolve sikhi and we are busy drinking and doing bhangra.

Boys shedding their hair is also a result of these above problems. We aren't simply prepared and equipped to deal with this wave of 'moderisation' which is sweeping everyone. Bollywood or fashion is effecting not only our youth but our culture as well, often boys get the blame for cutting hair because it most visible but do we ever blame girls for threading etc, do we blame aunties for following kitty party culture, wearing bindis,dressing up as hindu women, following useless hindu rituals and adopting their lifestyle through their movies and their tv serials or their media. The worst thing in the whole matter is that we are simply not ready to do anything.

If we look at muslims or pakistanis they are more concerned abt the hindu culture corrupting their youth and society than us. Repeatedly their parcharaks mention abt this to their society to stay away from hindu culture and not let it affect them though they live in a different country where bollywood movies are illegal but we live in same country and get mocked and still dont care.

Good! I never understood this double standard in the sikh community.

Anyway, all sikh leaders need to step down and let the younger sikhs take over the leadership role.

Guest PunjabSingh

I would suggest you people watch the following video :

http://www.sikhsiyasat.com/misc/panthik_co...tion_delhi.html

After about 16 minutes listen to what P.S.Sarna of DSGPC about the mona sikhs he met at Talwandi Sabo.

This shows that the youth is ready but our Dharmik parchaar commitees have failed some where.I think so long as SGPC and for that matter the mukh sewadaar of Akal Takht are under the influence politicians like badal we cannot expect any change .

SGPC and dharam parchaar commitees have failed us so far .

Harjot Singh Brar

its a rise in catholicism were seeing, not christianity, focus on why division and conflict exists between protestants and catholics and then preach that to the masses, they'll soo wake up. Westerners for years have exploited division in eastern societies we have just stayed asleep we need to learn to counteract with same medicine.

its a rise in catholicism were seeing, not christianity, focus on why division and conflict exists between protestants and catholics and then preach that to the masses, they'll soo wake up. Westerners for years have exploited division in eastern societies we have just stayed asleep we need to learn to counteract with same medicine.

Sikhs can't educate others if they're not educated about Sikhi first. I think there should be some type of movement (similar to singh sabha movement) to educate the Sikh community and rest of the world. I think this is the only realistic solution for the sikh community.

Guest Papi

^^^ rolleyes.gif there is a place called the gurudwara, or maybe you call it "the local sikh temple" where this is done. if people dont wanna go then its their choice :TH: and in this day and age we can learn sooooo much online as well :devil:

^^^ rolleyes.gif there is a place called the gurudwara, or maybe you call it "the local sikh temple" where this is done. if people dont wanna go then its their choice :TH: and in this day and age we can learn sooooo much online as well :devil:

Huh? I don't know about your local gurdwara, but my local gurdwara is a joke! It is run by money eating babas that don't give a damn about us unless we are writing a paycheck to them.