Getting A Khanda/ek On Kaar Tatoo

malkeet

rolleyes.gif

this general area has already been discussed somewhere.

getting a tatoo is purposefully, knowingly denaturing your ang and doing beadbi of kesh.

getting stitches you're already cut, for medical purposes or in unavoidable circumstances it is bound to happen.

ie if someone has an operation the surgeons are required to shave the hair around the area, but you have to go pesh after the operation.

dhan sant baba kartar singh ji were in hospital after their car crashed into a tree. surgery was an option the doctors offered to try and save their life, but sant ji opted not to have the operation done because this meant knowingly doing beadbi of kesh; and so they ascended to sach khand. i know the example of such a person is too great for us to follow, or even have this example offered when we are such papi's already, but nevertheless the guru's and sants have practically lived and shown us the way...

this body, is not ours, we are just "renting" it, for example..when you rent a car and if you do some tampering with or damage it, you will pay for it...same thing here...you abuse your body, you will regret it my friend...

w.e you have ..leave it alone...will you look prettier with this? it is a statement, on your hand u want ik onkar engraved...but why..that is why Guru sahib, our father has given us the Karra to remind us not to do evil...you want to recit Ik-Onkar regualry if it is on ur hand, get a mp3 player start listening...

dont get a tattoo..if you do, your hair is to be shaved in that particular region so the needles aren't disturbed by the hair and for quality purposes.

Why don't you do ardas and just ask god if this right or wrong?....guru sahib has already told us not to tamper with our body. If you get a tattoo you are going to be the next victim of mainstream society...

we as sikhs are suppose to be distinct, not act like everyone else.

no to tattoos one they don't even look nice two cus why ruin your body with that stuff on it plus you shouldn't put stuff like tattos and ink etc on your body can turn into poison and three Waheguru recides in your heart and mind why u want to flaunt it!!

These are my opinions anyways no offence to anyone.

i remember when i asked this along time ago and got shut down

than it seemed alright to have one (i was a dummy then,alot less now tho)

but today, i ask my self wats 4 tho?

basically to show off to others ....impressing others....not the right way to go

impress waheguru!!!!!!!!!

u kno it so dont ignore it

and the rest is up to u

u got girls with khanda's on their lower bak which everyone gets all crazzi over...but when singh got it on their hand its sumwhat alright

that isnt very wise.

kinda like dress to impress ...dont they say.