Ema!

Guest ...

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ke fateh..

ok well.. im 16.. non amritthair, will like to be in future.. nd eligiable for EMA.. wich is monthly aloowancess if ur parents earn under 30thousand..

well the problemm..

ma parents earn more.. but ma dads income is not registred ... nd onli one of ma mums jobs ae registerd.. therefore my family according to the governemtn earn 11grand :| :lol:

but im registerd for EMA..

but shud i take it?.... cuz i will get 30pound a week.. wen i shud get 10pounds..

nd lyk ma dad shudnt b working.. nd dey tell me that its aall regsited nd shud take it..

buh shud i?

cuz i ant doin nuffink rong?

bhul chuk maaf karnee

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ke fateh

I take it its going to rather hard to convince your parents out of it...so if nothing else i suggest you save up the 20 dollars extra that you are getting and you can either give it to some charity organization when you accumlate enough of it or to the poor/needy like a Homeless Shelter.

Doing wrong becomes a subjective matter and a moral issue of taking something that you know that you don't deserve. Common excuse is that everyone does it, if not through 'EMA' then on Taxes etc. It is a matter of your honesty and the financial situation you are in.

So take what you think you deserve and give away the rest to those who need it.

lol

dude your family pays there taxes, works hard, etc take it and save it. You will need it at uni, trust me :lol:

Anyhow taking all the benifits a an average family income into consideration, you will find that the taxes they are charged (including indirect tax such as VAT) are actually more then what they recive from the Gov in benifits! ohmy.gifrolleyes.gif

and I would advise not posting on internet what you do and dont tell the tax man :|

Guest _navjit_

u should tell ur parents that it is not right and that they should tell the truth. that after all is a main teaching of sikhism. truth is a high virtue but higher still is truthful living.....somethin like that...lol

it shows what kind of person you are if u take it...greedy.(not that its u, but ur dad)

u aint doing anything wrong but u KNOW ur dad is...most people do eventually end up getting caught if they try to cheat the system.

..thats just my view

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ke fateh..

ok well.. im 16.. non amritthair, will like to be in future.. nd eligiable for EMA.. wich is monthly aloowancess if ur parents earn under 30thousand..

well the problemm..

ma parents earn more.. but ma dads income is not registred ... nd onli one of ma mums jobs ae registerd.. therefore my family according to the governemtn earn 11grand :| :lol:

but im registerd for EMA..

but shud i take it?.... cuz i will get 30pound a week.. wen i shud get 10pounds..

nd lyk ma dad shudnt b working.. nd dey tell me that its aall regsited nd shud take it..

buh shud i?

cuz i ant doin nuffink rong?

bhul chuk maaf karnee

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ke fateh

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ke fatehh

ok situation update LOl.. well got confirmed for 30pounds.. great..dads lyk "changa hoyay, hont u apna booj chuk lakda ay 6form vich"

i shud onli get 20 becasue my paretns RELLI earn between 20-25grand nd that makes me eligiable for 20pounds.. should i take the twnty and give 10 to charity?

SANGAT JI PLZ HELP MEE

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ke fateh

Guest Guest

I put a reply before but it was not put up - I think it wouldnt be in keeping with Gursikhi to accept this money - since the money is given on the basis of false premise, it is in a way similar to stealing - such money a Gursikh shouldn't go near. In the same way, if we found £50 note on the street, we should not keep it as it is not for us!

Guest Guest

In the context of the situation: I think you should refuse to accept the money at all, until you are to be given the proper amount after your parents declare their income correctly. If they don't, then don't accept the money - plenty of people do not receive these allowances and are on tight incomes and get by fine.