Shiv Sena With A Mission To Ban Orkut

Shiv Sena with a mission to ban Orkut

By NI Wire Views:450

Mumbai Comments:0

June 09: This is not the first time that Orkut, the most popular social networking site is in trouble. This time it is Shiv Sena, a radical right wing political party representing Hindu sentiments that has appealed the government to ban the website operated by Google. Shiv Sena has insisted the government of the misuse of Orkut which has resulted in hurting the religious sentiments of Hindu majority.

After Brazil (55%) and United States (19%), India (16%) has the third largest number of Orkut users. However, the government of India has no plan to block the site and has ordered for a probe to Mumbai police about the content. Even Google has given access to Indian police to contact it directly.

Meanwhile, the student wing of Shiv Sena is trying to develop software for partially blocking the site. They have also appealed the internet café owners not to allow users to connect to Orkut.

The student group Bharatiya Vidyarthi Sena has raised voice against the misuse of website against certain religious groups, Hindu culture, which may further disturb the communal harmony.

In response the Computer Emergency Response Team which has the power to regulate online content and even can block any website is studying all possible ways for dealing with such issues. But as far as social networking sites are concerned, it is very difficult to monitor and identify each and every web page that is abusive in nature. Profanity filters have proved to be of some help but still many loopholes remain to be plugged.

Lat week several Shiv Sena activists entered some local Internet café and vandalized in their usual fashion. The workers are constantly engaged in such activities. The group is part of a growing band of cultural vigilantes opposed to what they see as against those who harm Indian culture. But in their mission they seldom go for proper remedial procedure. It is government’s duty to take proper action and if necessary to block the website and the best that can be done is aware and sensitize the government about these issues.

In coming days Internet café owners may find it hard to operate as more violent protest is expected in various regions of Mumbai. However, it is up to the government whether to block the site or not.

Reportedly, special software is in the process of development that can be installed by internet service provider to block any message or phrase containing sensitive information. Orkut authority and Google has also been informed about this progress.

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/285

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------it is interesting to note how these groups representing Hindus smash up private businesses and not a dent in the image of the hindu community.

hmmm, i wish sikh groups had a blanket of immunity on our image as these hindu groups do. can you imagine, wow. man these guys can get away with murder, oh wait, they did.

wow.

peace.

i'v edited my post to say hindu groups, not hindus. my motive was to portray radical hindu orgs which claim to represent the wider hindu community who engage in violence and scare tactics and undermine the secularism which India proclaims.

cause otherwise i would be labelling a community based on the actions of a select few groups which I myself cry about.

when hindu orgs such as these represent a community, the community should be outraged that they are represented by such violent people. if they feel this way.

butch fairy?, hehe ok :lol:

hmmm.. i don't say that orkut should be banned....

but i must admit that there r some people who try to harm the religious sentiments..

like there is some pakistani who keep on posting insulting pics of guru ji and sant jarnail singh ji... its really very disheartning .... i can't post the link here as sikh sangat moderators will delete it..

but, the point is that not much can be done with that guys...

the only we can do is to ignore them.... no.gif :lol:

if u see babbar khalsa international community ( having largest members among another babbar khalsa communities in orkut,

our head fall with shame.

there is a member called kusia, who is disrespecting GURU SAHIBS AND MANY SAHEEDS AND SANT JARNIAL SINGH JI BY MAKING AND EDITING THEIR PICTURES WITH TOO MUCH DISRESPECT.

here is the link to community

http://www.orkut.com/CommTopics.aspx?cmm=15548640

hindus are disrespcting sikhs and sikhs are disrespecting hindus.