Dont Judge Mona Guys And Girls

People have good hearts some bad habits thats why i dont judge mona guys and women AND YOU SHOULDNT EITHER.

We should all UNITE.

We forget that people are different.. we assume that people know as much as us, or we think that we know more than mona because we keep our kesh. keeping kesh doesnt suddenly send our IQs up does it but we've been blessed in that we know we should keep it.

So Dont Judge let them get there in their own time :TH:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being negative but I remember when I was at uni for the first time many years ago. I met so many keshdhari and even amritdharis whose knowledge of the Panjabi and Sikh history/culture was infinitely poorer than many of the monay I met.

Some of the people who externally looked more Sikh, didn't even know the names of the 10 Gurus for example and couldn't read Panjabi whereas many of the monay did and could. Also many of those who looked externally SIkh also practiced many Hindu culture type things. I remember a few saying Sikhs are not allowed to eat beef because it is mata devi or something. When you went to their houses their families had pictures of Hindu deities hanging on the wall.

Often you get some brothers, who are monay and one decides to take amrit or grow kesh. In my family I have a mixture of keshdhari and monay. I'm happy that those who keep the external roop do not look down on others who do not.

People like that just end up destroying any possibility of panthic unity.

--------------------------------------------------

The following is a translation from a Persian manuscript completed in 1731 by Khafi Khan regarding the Moghul battles with Banda Singh Bahadur.

I made a few notes (in brackets) highlighting points I feel are interesting.

-----------------------

(Siege of Lohgarh)

The wretched chief of that sect (Banda) accompanied by his error tending, doomed followers, whom wealth seeking as well as deep faith had bound to that eternally misled one, incited and encouraged his followers to fight and resist with such fables and inducements as that whoever is killed in this battle will without delay in the very form, whether bearded or beardless, in which he dies, return and attain further progress in the stages of worldly life. Those persons who regarded the statement of their spiritual leader and chief in the matter of transmigration of souls (which is condemned by all scripture believing God praying faiths) as absolutely proved, lent their ears in agreement.

--(Note: That according to this account some of the people fighting on the Sikh side were "beardless").--

my dad is a Mona he drinks, smokes, cuts hair and eats meat BUT he encorouges me - he says he doesnt have the strength for sikhi but i do.....................encourages me to keep hair, beard, not eat meat, and go to gurdwara so im lucky in a way i guess

People have good hearts some bad habits thats why i dont judge mona guys and women AND YOU SHOULDNT EITHER.

We should all UNITE.

We forget that people are different.. we assume that people know as much as us, or we think that we know more than mona because we keep our kesh. keeping kesh doesnt suddenly send our IQs up does it but we've been blessed in that we know we should keep it.

my dads the same!

so i just have the attitude pshhh if you can have fun then so can i, so i sort of dont know am lost:(...i decided to push boundaries and now i do alot of what he does!

Guest peacemaker
my dad is a Mona he drinks, smokes, cuts hair and eats meat BUT he encorouges me - he says he doesnt have the strength for sikhi but i do.....................encourages me to keep hair, beard, not eat meat, and go to gurdwara so im lucky in a way i guess

We should all UNITE.

my dads the same!

so i just have the attitude pshhh if you can have fun then so can i, so i sort of dont know am lost:(...i decided to push boundaries and now i do alot of what he does!

I was just thinking about you yesterday and here you are! You haven't lost your "magic touch" either! :lol:

Not being negative but I remember when I was at uni for the first time many years ago. I met so many keshdhari and even amritdharis whose knowledge of the Panjabi and Sikh history/culture was infinitely poorer than many of the monay I met.

Some of the people who externally looked more Sikh, didn't even know the names of the 10 Gurus for example and couldn't read Panjabi whereas many of the monay did and could. Also many of those who looked externally SIkh also practiced many Hindu culture type things. I remember a few saying Sikhs are not allowed to eat beef because it is mata devi or something. When you went to their houses their families had pictures of Hindu deities hanging on the wall.

Often you get some brothers, who are monay and one decides to take amrit or grow kesh. In my family I have a mixture of keshdhari and monay. I'm happy that those who keep the external roop do not look down on others who do not.

People like that just end up destroying any possibility of panthic unity.

--------------------------------------------------

The following is a translation from a Persian manuscript completed in 1731 by Khafi Khan regarding the Moghul battles with Banda Singh Bahadur.

I made a few notes (in brackets) highlighting points I feel are interesting.

-----------------------

(Siege of Lohgarh)

The wretched chief of that sect (Banda) accompanied by his error tending, doomed followers, whom wealth seeking as well as deep faith had bound to that eternally misled one, incited and encouraged his followers to fight and resist with such fables and inducements as that whoever is killed in this battle will without delay in the very form, whether bearded or beardless, in which he dies, return and attain further progress in the stages of worldly life. Those persons who regarded the statement of their spiritual leader and chief in the matter of transmigration of souls (which is condemned by all scripture believing God praying faiths) as absolutely proved, lent their ears in agreement.

--(Note: That according to this account some of the people fighting on the Sikh side were "beardless").--

yes this is so true, i am a mona, and i hate it wen people jude me not 2 know anything about our religion, wen in fact sometimes i know more (not being big headed), its about whop u are 2 me, not what u look like but it is important to follow the principles the gurus have set out for us.

We should all UNITE.

my dads the same!

I was just thinking about you yesterday and here you are! You haven't lost your "magic touch" either! :lol:

lol i been busy and ma pc been broke!