Facebook...

amank

Its a waste of time. Your true friends are in sangat. Do bani/simran instead or read sakhia, do vichaar, there are many productive and useful ways you can spend your time instead of logging onto a PC to see who wrote on your wall or if you got any new messages or events.

I personally feel that these things are unproductive and provide only temporary gratification these things make us feel sense of belonging or purpose. Although there maybe singhs/singhnia on there, there are alot who are not on it.

I was listening to this katha today, and Bhai Sahib says do vart (keep a fast), on how much T.V. you watch, how much you use the PC, or movies, games, etc. etc. Like tell yourself you won't watch T.V. for a whole week, and do something productive with that time.

For Sikhi related events just ask people you know or do sangat with I'm sure there are websites for your area so you can stay updated on events.

My two cents, bhul chuk muaf.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sikhi isnt about having NO FUN.

Sikhi isnt about sitting a room alone doing bhagti all day. isnt true bhagti when you can go along in life have fun and STILL DO SIMRAN.

theres nothing wrong with facebook. its fun. whats wrong with fun?

Guest peacemaker

They are only a waste of time if you don't use those various mediums properly. But the exact definition of "properly" depends on the individual who is utilizing them to the best of their abilities.

If I use facebook to make connections for a job I'm hunting for, if you will, then I would hardly classify that as a "waste" of time. Basically, one shouldn't generalize something without knowing the full spectrum of facts as to why somebody may need those resources.

Personally, I don't care why someone does or does not do something as long as they are happy and understands he or she will be accountable for his or her actions, whether good or bad.

Guest peacemaker
sikhi isnt about having NO FUN.

Sikhi isnt about sitting a room alone doing bhagti all day. isnt true bhagti when you can go along in life have fun and STILL DO SIMRAN.

theres nothing wrong with facebook. its fun. whats wrong with fun?

Sikhi is fun!! woohoo.gif

Guest Akirtghan
I personally feel that these things are unproductive and provide only temporary gratification these things make us feel sense of belonging or purpose.
:TH:

Sikhpal.com

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KE FATEH

wow ive never seen that before

but thats powerd by Ning

I was talking about a proper thingy like makespace and Hi5

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Wahe-Jio

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KE FATEH

BAD IDEA

the reason peoplel said HI5 was bad was because peoople would check other people out. They be looking for decent singh singhniya through it which was bad. A Sikh Hi5 would be no different

People who use it wisely fine but would give the dodgy ones an excuse to be doing what they do under the name of Sikhi

BAD BAD BAD

i think the facebook ppl have done a good job attracting huge crowds.. its a great way to stay in touch with friends, hook up with friends you have lost in touch with (ie. finding ppl from your kindergarten class!), know about certain events in your area NOT ONLY sikhi (ie. charities, blood donors, etx..), and much much more..

If you think its bad.. dun do it .. dun make an account..

im on it .. i enjoy it .. im not addicted to it .. but i use it to attract others that arent much into sikhi into sikhi .. and trust me .. it works ! Even if its just ONE person .. that one person to guru saahibs fauj is a lot ..

..do waht u want .. but have control over urself..

sure its addictive but so is sikhsangat for many of us .. not necessarily this website is a good thing .... same as facebook .. both can be used for having discussions on certain topics/debate about anything/share sikhi insight etx.. for those of you on facebook know what i mean ..

..also .. it would be good to have a sikhi version of facebook !