Imac Book + Windows?

JustME

Sadh Sangat jio

im interested in buying a imac notebook with intel processor so i dual book windows and/or mac

im a web developer noobie and like the mac hadles graphics and multimedia etc..........

does anyone have this kinda setup................?

how does it work?

is it any good?

all advice and comments appreciated

wjkk wjkf

xx

Sadh Sangat jio

im interested in buying a imac notebook with intel processor so i dual book windows and/or mac

im a web developer noobie and like the mac hadles graphics and multimedia etc..........

does anyone have this kinda setup................?

how does it work?

is it any good?

all advice and comments appreciated

wjkk wjkf

xx

you can dual boot using boot camp, which lets you boot into windows, the newest version also lets you run windows virtually so you can be running both windows and os at the same time, and then reboot into just windows. You could also use parallels but parallels has been known to have performance issues.

you can dual boot using boot camp, which lets you boot into windows, the newest version also lets you run windows virtually so you can be running both windows and os at the same time, and then reboot into just windows. You could also use parallels but parallels has been known to have performance issues.

cooooooooooool have both running at the same time??? Sounds Good

so does Boot Camp come included witht the iBook or would i have to purcahse that seperatly?

cheers

JustME

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Either you can use bootcamp, which will on boot up give u a choice of either windows or MacOSX every time, or you can use Parallels or VMWare, which can both run windows INSIDE of MacOSX. Obviously doing the second has the advantage of much slower but running them both at the same time.

The biggest downside of the Macbook which is the ONLY reason I am not getting it, is ONLY ONE MOUSE BUTTON!! :lol:

For windows, you pretty well NEED a right mouse button which the Macbook does not have. It has one honking huge button.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

parallels will run as fast as you allow it to, the more ram you alot it, the faster it will run. I only have parallels on my machine so I can run a couple of chat clients and access mac-unfriendly websites. And dude, the one click button is easily replaceable with the double-tap finger gesture on their touchpads. And you really don't need the right click as much as you think on a laptop. I instinctively use apple+click for everything richt clickable.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

smartsingh, using parallels, yeah you can do the double tap. Its a software thing. NOT in bootcamp.

There are some utilities out there, so that you can press cont- and click the button to right click, but I'm sorry... in windows everything needs right clicking, and being a "power user" i tend to right click everything. I NEED that second mouse button. And like i say, too bad because if that button was there, Apple would have another sale!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

smartsingh, using parallels, yeah you can do the double tap. Its a software thing. NOT in bootcamp.

There are some utilities out there, so that you can press cont- and click the button to right click, but I'm sorry... in windows everything needs right clicking, and being a "power user" i tend to right click everything. I NEED that second mouse button. And like i say, too bad because if that button was there, Apple would have another sale!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

But it isn't a parallels feature. It's an OS X feature. That means it works in all programs, it's a system wide feature. And i'm almost certain it will work in Boot Camp, because in the setup, you burn a bunch of drivers to a disc that you then install it in Boot Camp, giving you drivers so that everything works properly. And you can't use a pc without a mouse, so since Apple is giving you the mouse drivers, I'd venture a guess that you'd be able to use the two finger tap to right click in Boot Camp. So do yourself a favor, go out and get yourself a Mac Pro, 17 inch screen, so that you can take pictures, upload them here, and let me oggle them for hours on end tongue.gif

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Well guess what smartsingh.. it DOESN'T work. Simple. Since you are the one using macOSX, maybe give it a try before outright saying that "no it does work". Or even google it up. I've been trying, and searching forums far and wide, and there is NO satisfactory solution. Trust me, because i WANTED it to work.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

actually sorry ta burst ur bubble but i recently returned ma macbook pro for personal reasons, but needless ta say the right clikc does work.. it works through bootcamp in a mouse driver, i did it myself for the windows i installed.. smart singh ur right lol