Mixed Marriages

Sarbloh

Article by "the man in blue"

harjindersinghkhalsa@yahoo.co. uk

Mixed Marriages

Are we going to have war on the streets of Birmingham? The late Enoch Powell (Conservative MP) predicted rivers of blood in riots between the British and minorities. Some Sikhs are now talking about war on the streets of Birmingham over conversions of (innocent) Sikh ‘girls’ by (evil) Muslim ‘boys’, who then marry these ‘girls’.

I am a Sikh, and I was a Christian. I am standing up for the right of all people from all faiths to change to another faith or to no faith. How can you force people into becoming a Christian or Muslim ? Are we talking about people who are feeble minded ? Parents can try to force their faith on their children, but it will not work. A Sikh ‘girl’ who converts because she wants to marry a Muslim ‘boy’ might be silly, but she has not been forced.

I am very happy to be part of a faith tradition which recognises that people of other traditions can also find God, and which does not try to tell anybody that if you do not become a Sikh you will go to hell or some such place.

Too many Muslims and Christians still think that their way is the only way. These Muslims and Christians miss out on a lot of true spirituality which can be found where different traditions meet and have an open dialogue. There are some real bigoted people about, but I also met plenty Muslims and Christians who practice respect when meeting people of other faiths.

There are rotten apples in our community who just do not understand Guru’s message; similarly many Muslims and Christians do not understand that Allah the Merciful or the God of love that Jesus preached does not hate those that are of different backgrounds.

A few more points : where I come from ‘boys’ and ‘girls’ do not marry, it is against the law. The Rehat Maryada does say that a Sikh should marry a Sikh, and also clearly defines who is a Sikh. I completely agree with that clause. I am a Sikh and I married a Sikh. Equally the Birmingham girl became a Muslim and does well to marry a Muslim.

Another example of the prevailing hypocrisy in the multi-faith area was the e-mail about a Sikh ‘girl’ marrying a Muslim ‘boy’ in a West Midland’s Gurdwara. The Rehat Maryada clearly states that Anand Karaj should be between two Sikhs. But what about the many weddings between ‘boys’ and ‘girls’ of Sikh and Hindu background, or of Sikh and Christian background ? Where is the outcry over these ? And what about the many people who are Sikhs (or at least look like Sikhs) and involve themselves in Hindu practices ?

Sikh sisters and brothers, be aware of the ‘fundamentalists’ in our midst, and concentrate on living a Sikh life, setting an example to the younger generation. Trying to enhance Sikhí by preaching hatred is just plain stupid.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Article by "the man in blue"

harjindersinghkhalsa@yahoo.co. uk

Mixed Marriages

Sikh sisters and brothers, be aware of the ‘fundamentalists’ in our midst, and concentrate on living a Sikh life, setting an example to the younger generation. Trying to enhance Sikhí by preaching hatred is just plain stupid.

d_oh.gifd_oh.gif finally an article that takes sense rather then encouraging sikhs to hate..........how refreshing.............

Great article. There are indeed facists and racists and fundamentalists who know nothing except hate and want to start a religious war and see blood on the streets of Birmingham.

These fascists are not the ones who will suffer though --- it will be the innocent people of Birmingham who suffer while the culprits who are no better than Nazis and Terrorists sit back and grin at teh chaos and hate they create.

Do everything you can do to repudiate these people --- keep evidence if you hear it or have it and report them to the police if nessecary. Sikhs are protected against hate and violence by race relations legislation. If any Sikhs are violating these laws by stirring hatred and violence against other

people they must be forced to face the full fist of the law.

Guru Fateh

does this article also have to do with the late conversion of the amritadri girl?

Well, nobody really knows the truth of what happened there, but it does seem to be part of a campaign of violence, intimidation and hate mongering generally going on. This alleged 'convertee' is actually being protected by police from Sikhs who carry axes and cans of petrol with them.

This alleged 'convertee' is actually being protected by police from Sikhs who carry axes and cans of petrol with them.

yup its true you know ... everyone in birmingham walks around with cans of petrol and axes ... its the latest trend man! you cant be seen without it!

fool

are you still waiting (and hoping by the sound sof it) for some big epic mahabharat?

well relax yourself, this stuff been going on for years, people been fighting and kicking the cr** out of each other for years. just becuase it has reached the forum this month, or because you have just found out about it, doesn't mean it is gettin any worse then it has been for the last 10-15 years. if anything, things are much calmer now then they used to be. and yes in the past many sikh boys did get beaten for being sikh, i.e. turbans knocked off, sisters abused in front of them, the gurus insulted in front of them etc etc. in some areas the whole sikh youth was and in some areas is terrorised by these so called muslims. if you aint seen this, then maybe your the lucky one, but for many people this is the reality they live with.

the article is nothing new. what does he say that is so fantastic? he says that if people wish to convert that they should be allowed to. yes we all agree and have done in the past.

He seems to suggest that the marriage in a gurdwara should be between 2 sikhs. yes most of us agree and have done in the past.

he says people got angry over a so called muslim marryin a sikh but dont seem to mind hindus marrying in gurdwara's. sorry but most people do mind and want to see a stop to both.

he says there is no such thing as forced/groomed conversions... well depends on where your from and how your brought up. bullying and intimidation and the prospect of this hell ending if you convert and join the bullys can be tempting. and this is NOT conversin via choice but conversion by force (force does not neccesarily mean a sword to the neck as it was done 200 years ago .. times move on and so do tactics).

in so many words he says that ONLY sikhs should marry sikhs in gurdwaras, again whats so refreshing about that?

he says we shouldnt promte hatred ... yeh we know that so whats so refreshing about that?

oooo it wouldnt be anything to do with the fact that its a 'white' sikh is it??

ask people who live in areas affected by this how life is? when the so called 'muslims' touch up the sikh girls in front of the boys and say 'what are you going to do about it'? when the girls look for help but the boys are scared to help, what do you do then? prem and co, these are real life scenarios that people deal with daily. let me ask you wonderful sikhs, what do you do then? do you fight and risk pathing the streets of birmingham with blood? do you risk a back lash?? or do you carry on with ur head down and the 'muslims' throw stuff at ur turban and slap it till it comes off?

i gave a previous example which nobody bothered commenting on ... a boy was being bullied by muslims at his college who would make him touch their feet. this boy had a dastar etc. he would be made to give them money and then touch their feet in front of everyone. tell me what do you do? do you think they were laughing at him ... nope, they were saying look at these pathetic (i use that word rather then the words they used) we OWN THEM, we RUN them. etc etc. from what i understand this problem was dealt with. now Prem and co, tell me what would you do? perhaps hug them and maybe even pass them ur sister for them to enjoy?

hatred is one thing, relalising and facing upto the truth is another thing. it may be a fine line for some people, but for others its a reality they cannot escape. If you have any doubt visit certain areas of east london, manchester, bradford, birmingham and luton and find out for yourselves. i would love to see the 'man in blue' having dialouge with some of these 'muslims' . see how long he would last before they were dragging him across the street.

face facts, life aint pretty.

Oh AK-47 you really think you're a hard realist against a bunch of naive fools, don't ya?

So how are you going to start the blood bath and Holy War against Muslims in Birmingham? Who are you going to target? Who are the Muslims who are going to pay? Give me some answers please.

And how are you going to stop it when it begins?

Muslim boys have been bullying sikh /panjabi indian yotuhs for years.. its just know some of them are standing up to these Muslim gangs and refuse to be bullied. So someone stands up for himself i dont see how he can become a "jihadi". I have seen many Muslim youths beat up kids, girls/ old ladies on buses, they are not gonig to learn its only when someone stands up towards them then they think twice.

The idea of a blood bath seems abit far fetched to me honestly how many ppl would want to go and have a all out war ? I'm sure the majority are against that idea and are more for standing up for themshelves

Oh AK-47 you really think you're a hard realist against a bunch of naive fools, don't ya?

So how are you going to start the blood bath and Holy War against Muslims in Birmingham? Who are you going to target? Who are the Muslims who are going to pay? Give me some answers please.

And how are you going to stop it when it begins?

ermmm kinda yeh i do actually! like i said take a walk through those areas, maybe speak to a few of the locals and then come back with your report :umm:

im not going to start a bloodbath, i have a nice water bath at home which i can use! lol

your such an <banned word filter activated> its hilarious!! i cant believe your so paranoid!! i dont need to start a holy war agaisnt muslims, i have nothing agaisnt them, but if some of them try and knock of my dastaar then (with guru sahibs kirpa) i will knock off their heads :umm: its simple as that!

and before you start firing questions, u didnt answer mine about what u as an individual would do, if lads (muslims, blacks, whites, hindus, christians, sikhs etc) started feeling up ur sister in front of u and tried to slap u so ur dastaar came off or tried to force u to touch their feet daily?

honestly you bark so much, if you chatted sense then i would listen to u, people who condemn violence (and rightly so) do so in an intelligent way, but u, u just chat rubbish!!! i often disagree with sarbloh, rupinder etc but at least they are not paranoid like u! do u walk around inbubble wrap or something!?

holy war da lagda mama! anyway tell me has it not happened b4??! maybe you should have lived in the areas i have talked about in late 80's early 90's and tell me if there wasnt a war going on then!

So who are you going to fight? Muslims in general or individuals? Let me know, because all the text messages, e-mail forwards, overheard conversations and rhetoric I've been hearing lately is all about fomenting hatred and violent thoughts against all Muslims in Birmingham.