Sikhs irked over serving of liquor in gurdwara

Guest mehtab

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5922_53...02000000073.htm

Sikhs irked over serving of liquor in gurdwara

HT Correspondent

Jalandhar, January 16

VARIOUS SIKH organisations today condemned the serving of liquor from the premises of Baba Khazan Singh Gurdwara in Muhim village, saying such a trend encouraged youth towards drugs and other intoxicants.

Gurdwara managing committee president Mohinder Singh said though a complaint had been lodged with the Jalandhar SSP, nothing has been done in this regard so far. “We tried in vain to persuade the people not to serve liquor from the gurdwara premises, as it was not only against the Sikh rituals but also encouraged youth to get addicted to drugs,” said Mohinder.

Khalsa Mission Council chief Dilbagh Singh Khalsa alleged liquor was distributed from the gurdwara premises in the presence of Punjab Revenue Minister Amarjit Singh Samra, who went to pay obeisance at the holy shrine on January 14.

“When we contacted the police to inform them about the same, they expressed their helplessness to check its distribution,” he further alleged.

Shiromani Akali Dal (Democratic) president Kuldip Singh Wadala said various Sikh organisations have taken a strong note of the act and would soon write to the Akal Takht Jathedar and seek his intervention.

Meanwhile, Samra rubbished the charges and said he was not aware of liquor being served from the gurdwara premis

es in his presence. “These are baseless allegations levelled to tarnish my image,” said Samra.

Rochak's note : i thought it was RSS who was distributing alcohol and drugs in Punjab. If they have gained entry into Gurdwaras to do such cheap deeds, and if our own people are watching blindly, then its a SHAME SHAME SHAME ;) @ :( @ :wub: @

Rochak's note : i thought it was RSS who was distributing alcohol and drugs in Punjab. If they have gained entry into Gurdwaras to do such cheap deeds, and if our own people are watching blindly, then its a SHAME SHAME SHAME   

i agree... if our own people just sit and do nothing then in few years time they wont be people called sikhs anymore.. shiaaks this news make me ;)

Guest balwinderkaur

this is sick.. but since i am sick today with flu and fever i thought i'll liven up the thread with a round of booing at these idiots: SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME KACANG PUTIH LIMA SEN ..sorry i think this flu and fever is getting to my head ;)..now on a more serious note, can someone weed that liquor smuggler out, hang him upside down on a tree and whip him nicely please? tongue.gif

1) liquor guy can't find a way to earn money, so he finally give himself up by selling sharab to youth..

2) youth are addicted to liquor cauz they can't find a way to release their stress (unemployment/bollywood freaks haunt them)

3) liquor guy do not know much about sikhi and thus chooses the gurdwara ground and also a way to fool police cauz they won't enter gurdwara.

4) Gurdwara ppls earn the commission from the liqour guy.

5) Minister didn't do nothing, cauz the liquor guy probably filled his govt car trunk with dozens of bottles before minister sahib entered the gurdwara. dhan dhan our current leaders !

6) RSS words/reply on this situation "Priceless"

Very sad.. but can't blame them.. blame sgpc.. but till how far we can blame everyone?? so maybe it's time for YOU to spread the sikhi in punjab while going there in person??