Sign 10 Downing Street Petition

Guest militant singh

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being constructive maybe add this to the description or some of it, whatever you feel helps:

JUNE 1984

June has different memories for different people. But for many Sikhs it is the month when the Indian State attacked one of the Sikh’s holiest places, Sri Harmandar Sahib also known as the Golden Temple in 1984. An elite force of 16000 Indian troops mounted the attack, with heavy artillery, tanks and armed helicopters killing thousands of innocent unarmed pilgrims. Over 150000 Indian troops and paramilitary forces spawned the villages of Punjab, detaining thousands without charges, torturing even executing many. In 12 years many thousands were disappeared by the State.

The Indian State asserted that it had gone in to arrest known ‘terrorists’ who had sought refuge and had suddenly plunged the region into chaos with ‘terrorism’. This explanation has been accepted by the world without critical questioning.

THE FACTS

In 1929, the Indian Congress party had promised the Sikhs autonomous status over their region and a veto in the Constitution to block any legislation hostile to minorities in return for Sikhs to join their struggle with an all India struggle for home rule.

After British transfer of power to Congress Party in 1947 the later reneged on the agreement. A peaceful campaign for autonomy started and gained momentum in 1980s.

The Indian government reacted by illegal detentions, extrajudicial executions, torture and fabricated charges. Most charges failed in courts. Some youth fought back against the State acting outside the constitution. Others sought refuge in the Golden Temple.

In June 1983, the Indian army built a replica of the Golden Temple to prepare for an attack . It had nothing to do with sudden terrorism..

The Indian Government produced a list of 25 people it wanted to arrest from inside the Golden Temple. None of them had any charges. About 12 were already dead. About another 8 were out in the regions.

Having found out about the impending attack, some 200 Sikh ex soldiers decided to defend the place. The institution was licensed to carry arms.

Pilgrims were allowed to come into the Golden Temple but all public transport from the city was prohibited. As a result some 10000 unarmed pilgrims were caught inside the Golden Temple on a holy day. During the attack, many women children and old people were shot dead by the Indian armed forces. The injured were shot dead when doctors tried to save their lives. During the attack, the Indian forces burnt down the man museum-library, the main temporal seat of Sikhs, Sri Akal Takht and fired at many ornamental buildings.

AGAINST ADVICE

Most Generals of the Indian Armed Forces opposed the attack . They preferred laying siege, cut off supplies and force surrender of the alleged ‘wanted’.

AFTER THE ATTACK

After the attack many Sikh youth were detained. Some of them are still in jails. without charges. Many detained were executed extrajudicially.. Many more were tortured. Many women were raped and many families were harassed.

THE QUESTIONS

Why did the Indian Government build a replica Golden Temple 9 months before the attack when there was very little violence in the State?

Why was the advice of leading Generals not heeded?

Why was the attack mounted on a holy day?

Why were pilgrims allowed to come in but not permitted to leave the city?

Why did the Government not go to the courts and properly charge the ‘wanted’?

What was the constitutional legality of the attack in the absence of any ‘warrants’ ?

Why were tanks and heavy artillery and attack helicopter used on a holy place?

Why were the injured killed?

What are the identities of the thousands killed during the attack?

Why were women and children killed?

Why were thousands detained after the attack?

Who are the thousands disappeared by the security agencies after?

What are the identities of those killed in the fields in faked encounters?

THOUSANDS OF QUESTIONS

And there are many more questions. In fact for every person killed, disappeared, tortured and illegally detained there is at a question. There are thousands of questions.

THERE IS A NEED FOR AN INDEPENDENT ENQUIRY INTO THE ATTACK, THE MOTIVES, THE CONSTITUTIONAL LEGALITY, THE DISAPPEARED, THE EXTRA-JUDICIAL EXECUTIONS, THE TORTURED. THERE IS A NEED TO ASK WHY HAS THERE NOT BEEN ANY CONVICTIONS OF ARMY AND POLCIE OFFICERS INVOLVED IN UNCONSTITUTIONAL ACTS. WHY HAS THERE NOT BEEN ANY COMPENSATION FOR THE VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILIES AND WHY HAS THERE NOT BEEN ANY EFFORT TO REHABILITATE THOSE AFFECTED?

Guest militant singh
A description should be entered so that people with no background of the issue can also be invited to read about it and sign the petition.

A petition 2 get hindu groupz lke da RSS is comming soon ,will be up ASAP,jus as dey gt our groups banned we will get theirs banned.

Guest militant singh

I did nt create dis petition but came across it so i cnt comment on da description

But we r in da process of finalisng da petition to ban RSS,Shivsena,HSS,VHP,Bakrang dal and other Bamann terror gorups 4rm da UK by freezing der assetz and baning membership,jus as da Hinduz gt da Sikh Jathe banned we gna get their bamann gangs banned,& will disrupt dem

sangat ji please help me out here and correct me if i am wrong.

When the goris went to India is it not true that the last state to fall to them was the punjab, some 12 or so years after the death of Mharaja Ranjit singh. Also is it not true that the punjab then was much bigger than it is now. I keep hearing stories from old folks that he ruled up to Kabul which is now in Afganistan.

However if the above is correct my point has alwyas been that they should have given us back what they took from us hence we should apply pressure on them to say you left it unsorted and now you should assits and fix the mess you left behind.

I find it very difficult to belive that the bristish government would back us for our own state. India is a superpower and the brits would not want to lose there relations. Is it ethical for one country to say to another give part of your country away?. The irish, scots and welsh have wanted that for years but we dont see any other country supporting there cause.

They dare enter while maharaja ranjit singh was alive and after his death i am led to belive that we was sold out to them by our own people.

Please do correct me if i have made a mistake.

Bhul chuk mafh