Calling Classical Kirtan Enthusiasts

rinku_sikh

First off, I don't know the raags lol, just the taals.

And I skipped through the shabad... so I might've missed some stuff.

Well, the beginning is, I dunno, I think it's classified as a really slow ek taal, but it's not part of the shabad really, it's just his intro, right.

He starts the shabad in Dhadhra. He starts the antra in Roopak. He repeats this with the next asthaee and antra, but when he comes back to the asthaee again, he plays Kehrva, which fits in the Dhadhra tune every 3 times he plays it (8 x 3 = 24 = 6 x 4).

He goes to Sool Fakhta (I think) near the end of the second half of the asthaee thing and then back to the Dhadhra main line, but switches to and ends it in Teen Taal.

Nice shabad :umm:

Some terms...

Asthaee - Chorus

Antra - Verse

Dhadhra 6 beats

Roopak 7 beats

Kehrva 8 Beats

Sool Fakhta 5 or 10 Beats

Teen Taal 16 Beats

I thought it was 5 too, but I was looking it up (i wasn't 100% sure it was even sool fak cuz I don't play that a lot... lol), I saw sites say: 5/10 lol, so I dunno, I just wrote that.

they are both ten beats, both sool faakta and jhaptaal.

Sool:

dha titikut din na, din din da da ti ta (4 , 6)

jhap taal

din na, din din na, ti ta, din din na (2,3, 2,3 or 5,5)

you can't cleanly play sool faakta in 5 beats unless you just double the speed, but it doesn't change the original motivation of the tal which is 4,6

Ummm what's with the video?

And I just realized that he does the sool fak part every time on the asthaee, not just that one time, I listened to it again :umm:

And also, this shabad is in the "Bhattan dey Savaeeiay" so it doesn't technically have a specified raag, I just looked it up :/