Nishan Sahib Or American Flag

anhad

I am not sure if you guys are aware of this, A Sikh religious flag displayed at a soon-to-be-opened gurdwara in California is at the centre of a controversy, with some residents saying the American flag should also be put up there.

Residents of Stockton have said that if the gurdwara erects a flag with the Sikh religious emblem, it must also hoist an American flag even higher.

"Maybe they should be Americans first and use their religion second," said Dennis Regan, a 63-year-old Air Force veteran. "As a veteran, that offends me."

Sikhs have countered the idea by saying that no church flies an American national flag, so why should the gurudwara

Guest Akirtghan
Sikhs have countered the idea by saying that no church flies an American national flag, so why should the gurudwara
GOOOOOD counter :TH:

Guest Narinder Singh

In America, if you have white skin and a fish sticker with Jesus written inside it on your car, you dont have to "prove" your patriotism. Youre already considered a patriot regardless of whether you know what it means to be American in the first place.

On a more serious note, I see no problem with the Nishan Sahib and American flag hoisted high in the sky side by side, i think it would be an awesome site. However, i do have a problem with the Nishan Sahib being lower than the American flag.

Fateh.

Lodi gurughar is pure for business reason.. All committee ppls are monay and are against the basic principles of sikhism. They wanted to take over Stockton historical Gurdwara many years ago which they couldn't do it and now we see they have gurdwara opened in the middle of farms.