How Many Singh's Train Or Practise Self Defence

s13

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do (been doing it for 8 years), Krav Maga (been doing it for 1 year) Krav Maga is a self-defense and military hand-to-hand combat system developed in Israel. Also do boxing and kick boxing for stand up and brazilian jiu jitsu and wrestling for ground fighting. I think we shouldn't limit our seleves to one style, rather learn different styles; stand up and on the ground, because you don't know whats going to happen in a fight. Also learn to use weapons, from a simple stick, pipe or bat to a hand gun.

Yes the dastaar can be a challenge for us sardars that do martial arts. If you are just doing standup fighting style then a simple patka will be fine but for us who practise wrestling or jiu jitsu (ground styles) the patka come off easily. One good way of fastening it on so that it doesn't come off easily is that I wear a wrestling ear guard, that way not only are my ears protected but it also holds down my patka.