Dip In Holly Water

Bored

Bani is spiritual, your Mind.

You can't change anything with Bani(materialistic thing)

Does reciting bani in front of water and giving it to patit has any influence of water on him.

Atleast you must agree that you should read Bani or listen to bani for any magic to happen to your avastha, except it nothing counts.

I suppose we could say the same about Amrit. To feel the full effects there needs to be absolute faith, perhaps similar to the faith Bibi Rajni's husband had when he saw the crow dive into the sarowar.

I completely agree with the bit in bold.

Perhaps giving Amrit to a 'patit' will have some beneficial effect, I don't know how Guru Saheb's will works so I'm not sure. But there's no doubt that Baani can have a huge effect on anything, we just might not know how great that potential is. And the effect we feel also probably depends on us and on our jeevan.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps giving Amrit to a 'patit' will have some beneficial effect, I don't know how Guru Saheb's will works so I'm not sure. But there's no doubt that Baani can have a huge effect on anything, we just might not know how great that potential is. And the effect we feel also probably depends on us and on our jeevan.

There is nothing more to discuss i agree with you.

Every Sikh should recite bani

You can't change anything with Bani(materialistic thing)

why not? why cant you?

show me a gurbani di bhangti which says that the power of gurbani is limited and that it cant change the world around us .. and in return you will find 100 shabads which says that the power of gurbani si the power of god = the power to do anything and everything.

bani can do absolutely ANYTHING!! it is your little feeble mind which cant understand this!

and people is this guy for real? i mean are missionary blokes really like this in india?!?!?

o and yes gurbani can affect aboslutely anyone! when guru harkrishan sahib ji tapped the goonga on the head and made him explain and do arth of the gita, what was that then? the goonga was no bhagat, he was a normal uneductaed, man who couldnt even speak! yet with the gurus blessing (with gurbanis blessing) he gained all types of giaan! whoooo magic!!!!! oh damn, guru ji must have been a bhraman as well then hey!!!

Do you beleive that Guru arjun dev when sit on tati tawi it becomes cold, Guru nanak Dev Ji just closes his eyes and reach any place, Just use your mind. bani is everything. You want to say that when you recite bani in front of water it changes, what sort of changes?

I am not missionary but a software expert in networking and os designing.

You have any mind in new century just use your mind, we are ourselves doing what Brahmins are doing, The reality is that Gurus lived as ordinary people that is there greatness, dont give them supernatural powers to minimise there sacrifices?

The thing is Hindu mentality among sikhs, everyone wants to go to supernatural things due to hardship in todays life.

The most difficult thing is to live a life according to bani as a common man. Hindus need to give there Gods Supernatural powers, if you are doing so what is difference between brahmins and us?

honestly mate, stick to playing with your computers!!

what planet are you living on?!?

and what on earth are you trying to say!? your messages are so garbled!

on one hand you say gurbani is everything, then on the other you say gurbani cant do these things (such as teaching a goonga gita de arth just by tapping him on his head).

i think u should perhaps try listening to what other people are tryin to teach u rather then just spouting out the first thing that comes into ur mind. try speaking to different gursikhs rather then just ur dad and ur grandad.

heres something for u to do, go and research on what ridhi's, sidhi's and nidhi's are. ask different people, (not on the forum) find out what these things are and what their role is within sikhi.

also since u dont belive in what u call 'superstition and magic' go and rip down the stone at panja sahib gurdwara as that goes against what u believe. destroy hemkunt sahib as that goes against what u believe. mani karan sahib is another gurdwara sahib which is based on 'magic and superstition' as u put it.... hmmm maybe guru ji did have shaktia which were beyond software engineers!

while ur biggest problem in a day may be to fix a virus, guru ji's was to save the world .. i think he had more power at his disposal then u and ur java!!

Sat sri Akal,

There is nothing wrong in this issue even if i except i am wrong. it has no effect it is completely useless debate as per my Behalf. I except everything you say in this regard.

So i accept this and bow my head that there is nothing here for discuss whatever you say here can be truth but as per other article you have to use your brain.

I accept whatever sangat says and will accept that i am wrong in this issue.

Regards

...rather then just spouting out the first thing that comes into ur mind. try speaking to different gursikhs rather then just ur dad and ur grandad...

also since u dont belive in what u call 'superstition and magic' go and rip down the stone at panja sahib gurdwara as that goes against what u believe. destroy hemkunt sahib as that goes against what u believe. mani karan sahib is another gurdwara sahib which is based on 'magic and superstition' as u put it.... hmmm maybe guru ji did have shaktia which were beyond software engineers!

while ur biggest problem in a day may be to fix a virus, guru ji's was to save the world .. i think he had more power at his disposal then u and ur java!!

a very saintly reply, like always, in a topic of veechar :wub:

Guest Akirtghan
that killed it LOL.gif

but yah, calm down hoja tu, u sound like a 14 yr old with hormones running wild rolleyes.gif

on one hand you say gurbani is everything, then on the other you say gurbani cant do these things (such as teaching a goonga gita de arth just by tapping him on his head).

i think u should perhaps try listening to what other people are tryin to teach u rather then just spouting out the first thing that comes into ur mind. try speaking to different gursikhs rather then just ur dad and ur grandad.

heres something for u to do, go and research on what ridhi's, sidhi's and nidhi's are. ask different people, (not on the forum) find out what these things are and what their role is within sikhi.

from experince i cant rely on wat people tell me wat sikhi is....i gotta do my own research....ppl just tell u wat they think of sikhi and say this is wat it is. ppl alter it....i onli relied my knowledge of sikhi on others and later i found out i had a lot of misconception about sikhi.

p.s i still cant find the tuk

its in a book i have ...missons!! rolleyes.gif