Is Sikhism The Easiest Path To God

• 2 weeks later...

ill check out the video when we get home...................

But it did make me think....................Sikhi is a way of life......................not a religion hanna? Bani is giving us the choice of how to become a better person.....................so how come we fall in the caegory of a "religion" as such

Being Amrithari gives sikhs an identity but it that what makes a sikh? sangat jio im not trying to imply that one shud not take amrit or anything like that cos its our Hukam but say if i was building up my rehit and did everything an amrithari does but the only thing left was to take amrit and i got hit by a bus and died.....................would i still go to God if i didnt take amrit? :wub:

For many people Sikhism is a way of life. For those of this Sangat that have taken amrit... Sikhi is a religion that was put into existence by Guru Gobind Singh jee based on the teachings of the 10 gurus.

It is a religion for many people on here. And the answer to your question: Is Sikhism the Easiest Path to God? My answer is: Yes, for me

Why would I be Sikh, otherwise?

And veer jee, of course you may still go to God. Sikhi isn't the only path to God. Religion is still important however, so I suggest you work on building your rehit as if you're going to be hit by a bus tomorrow =P

For many people Sikhism is a way of life. For those of this Sangat that have taken amrit... Sikhi is a religion that was put into existence by Guru Gobind Singh jee based on the teachings of the 10 gurus.

It is a religion for many people on here. And the answer to your question: Is Sikhism the Easiest Path to God? My answer is: Yes, for me

Why would I be Sikh, otherwise?

And veer jee, of course you may still go to God. Sikhi isn't the only path to God. Religion is still important however, so I suggest you work on building your rehit as if you're going to be hit by a bus tomorrow =P

lol........im gonna take gaddi to work tomorrow now.................and its Pehnjee (why everyone think im a boy? :wub: :wub: )

i agree im truly thankful to maharaj for bring a moorakh like me into this world and putting me on the path of sikhi..................so is Sikhi a religion or way of life or both? whitch is more important or do they both fit together? each serves it own purpose..............?

sorry if i sound confusing...................cos i am confused most of the time :wub:

ill check out the video when we get home...................

But it did make me think....................Sikhi is a way of life......................not a religion hanna? Bani is giving us the choice of how to become a better person.....................so how come we fall in the caegory of a "religion" as such

Being Amrithari gives sikhs an identity but it that what makes a sikh? sangat jio im not trying to imply that one shud not take amrit or anything like that cos its our Hukam but say if i was building up my rehit and did everything an amrithari does but the only thing left was to take amrit and i got hit by a bus and died.....................would i still go to God if i didnt take amrit? :wub:

I am sure the video recording of Bhai Sahib provides some explanation to what you have just asked. I have pasted something from allaboutsikhs.com below.

http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/mansukh/029.htm

Q29. What happens to the individual after death?

Human life is just a stage in the upward march of the soul. The individual has got birth as a human being, after going through lower forms of life. Human life is the final stage in the soul's progress to divinity. It is for us to make the most of this opportunity and thereby end our cycle of transmigration.

Death means the destruction of the physical self. The ashes and bonedust mix with the elements. But the soul which leaves the body, awaits a new dwelling. Just as a person casts off worn-out garments and puts on other that are new, so the subtle soul casts off the worn-out body and dwells in a new form. If there were no continuance of the soul after death, how could it become perfect to merit union with the Almighty?

Sikhism believes in the immortality of the soul. The devotee has no fear of the pangs of death. In fact he welcomes death, because it gives him a chance for the merger into Divinity. The evil person, however, dreads death. For him, it will lead to the unending cycle of birth and death. After death, man comes to the next birth according to what he deserves. If he has been wicked and evil, he takes birth in the lower species. If he has done good deeds, he takes birth in a good family. The cycle of birth and death keeps the soul away from Divinity. It can merge with God, only if the individual, by spiritual effort, has amassed the capital of the Name(the Holy spirit as understood by Christians) and thus lives with the Holy Spirit.

Guru Arjan in the Sukhmani dwells on the sad plight of the soul which is not endowed with the Name. The soul in its lonely march through darkness can only find sustenance in the word of God. Otherwise it feels the weariness and pain of isolation.

The soul, Jiva, is a part of God. It is deathless like Him. Before creation, it lived with God. After Creation it takes bodily forms according to His Will. The soul is, however, nourished by virtue and meditation on "The name". The transmigration of the soul can come to an end by meditation and divine grace.

http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/mansukh/030.htm

Q30. Is there a judgement?

Sikhism accepts the theory of Karma: That man is punished or rewarded according to his actions. Man's actions in this world will bear witness at the time of judgement. The messengers of the god of death, Yama, takes the individual to the god of justice, Dharam Raj, who is very strict like a moneylender. The scribes of Chitra and Gupta who have written out the account are called forth to present the balance-sheet of his actions. What does the balance-sheet show? It contains a record of good and evil deeds.

The god of justice cannot be bribed or influenced. He is strict and impartial and exacts a clear account. Certain faiths affirm that their prophets wil plead for their followers in the court of justice. Sikhism does not accept this idea. Man is responsible for his own actions and cannot escape punishment through the intervention of a spiritual leader.

Perhaps the Gurus borrowed the old Puranic machinery of Dharam Raj and Chitra Gupta to impress on the minds of people the need for righteous and noble actions. Guru Nanak says: "According to one's action, one gets near to or distant from God". Elsewhere, the Guru affirms that the judgement on man's actions determines the next birth or form for the individual's soul. The best action in the world is to meditate on 'The Name'. This alone can earn salvation or freedom from metempsychosis.

The law of Karma is inexorable. Man's life is a series of actions. According to Sikhism, "Conduct is the paper, mind the inkpot; the good and the bad (virtue and vice) are both recorded thereon." Man sows the wind and yet expects that no whirlwind will follow. Man's choice of action will determine his future and next life. However by repentence, prayer and love, man earns God's grace which neutralises his previous Karma. There is no accounting of Karma, for one who surrenders himself to God. The true Sikh in a spirit of dedication and resignation invokes His grace and mercy, thereby inducing God to exercise his prerogative of admitting an erstwhile erring but now repentent soul, to His kingdom.

lol........im gonna take gaddi to work tomorrow now.................and its Pehnjee (why everyone think im a boy? :wub: :wub: )

i agree im truly thankful to maharaj for bring a moorakh like me into this world and putting me on the path of sikhi..................so is Sikhi a religion or way of life or both? whitch is more important or do they both fit together? each serves it own purpose..............?

sorry if i sound confusing...................cos i am confused most of the time :wub:

Sorry Bhain jee, I saw an old bearded guy (bad analogy... but somehow that translated to veer jee =P)

Sikhism is a religion. Recently, however, a lot of people have decided to follow a more "mystical" path that revolves around the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev jee... of course you can choose one, but I think Sikhism as a religion is a better choice for me. That's why I follow it and not Christianity, Judaism, Jedi-ism, or Mysticism (which is basically the umbrella term for "Sikhi as a way of life").

It doesn't mean to say that those other religions cannot help you reach God, I simply think this religion is most compatible with me.

I can't choose for you, Bhain jee, it's up to you to find the compatibility test. There are so many things people miss out on. The religion Sikhism, looks very confusing and scary because people don't know so much about it. It's surprising when a lot of our youth say they know a lot about our religion simply because they know all the guru jee's or know what our panj kakkar are. But... Sikhism is a LOT deeper than that.

Veer

PS - sorry if this is very rantful, I'm in a ranting mood today =(

woooooooooooow thats cleared alot of stuff up in my mind.............thank sangat jio...........now im truly inspired.....................

to me, sikhi shud be a way of life.............i find the term "religion" i dunno abit funny................cos then you are termed as "religious" but is religion were to be a way of life everyone would be "religious" and that would be the narual thing.................when everyone remembered God and sang His praises and there would be the few that were not..................but in Kalyug its the complete opposite

just my humble thoughts

bhul chuck maafi

All religion seems to need to prove that it's the only truth. And that's where it turns demonic. Because that's when you get religious wars and persecutions and burning heretics at the stake.

I think all paths are quite valid. And I think one of the great tragedies of religion is that we've made each path exclusive. It's ludicrous.

God is the source of life. And if God is the source of life, the only way I can worship God is by living fully. And I've got to dedicate myself as a follower of this God to building a world where everybody has an opportunity to live fully.