Meaning Of Ardass

ocelot

Sat Sri Akal,

I have asked question by fellow.

We are always praying to Akal, everything is God, Then why we do not use Akal in beginning of Ardass, instead use Bhagauti (Sword)? Even if Metaphor , why we dont get anything else there is so synonyms to Akal in Guru Granth Sahib, Why is word sword comes before names of our Gurus before Ardass.

Is it sin to start ardass as "Pritham Akal Simar kay", is this also becomes kachi bani?

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 274

BgauqI BgvMq Bgiq kw rMgu ]

sgl iqAwgY dust kw sMgu ]

mn qy ibnsY sglw Brmu ]

kir pUjY sgl pwrbRhmu ]

swDsMig pwpw mlu KovY ]

iqsu BgauqI kI miq aUqm hovY ]

BgvMq kI thl krY inq nIiq ]

mnu qnu ArpY ibsn prIiq ]

hir ky crn ihrdY bswvY ]

nwnk AYsw BgauqI BgvMq kau pwvY ]3]

i cant understand the real meaning of bhagauti now????????

The true Bhagaautee, the devotee of Adi Shakti, loves the devotional worship of God.

He forsakes the company of all wicked people.

All doubts are removed from his mind.

He performs devotional service to the Supreme Lord God in all.

In the Company of the Holy, the filth of sin is washed away.

The wisdom of such a Bhagaautee becomes supreme.

He constantly performs the service of the Supreme Lord God.

He dedicates his mind and body to the Love of God.

The Lotus Feet of the Lord abide in his heart.

O Nanak, such a Bhagaautee attains the Lord God. ||3||

So this is no way said in context to sword. So even metaphor concept can be misunderstood in some cases. Is it not better to use Akal itself instead of anything else

For some existence of sword instead of akal is difficult to understand, for me too?

I was thinking everything is akal, we can start by akal, followed by Bhagauti, it would be better concept.

Please give your advice. Please tell metaphor of sword or Bhagauti as Akal from Guru Granth Sahib only.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is an important question, Please give some reply, anyone.

It is not so bad to raise it, is it so wrong to ask, i am only doing Path of sukhmani sahib so i am illetrate in gurbani, Please my educated veers tell me the truth.

Just if anyone use akal, how does it becomes kachi bani?

Guest Dancing Warrior

ocelot,

Are you remotely aware of the consequences incurred by rewriting Bani? This is one road you seriously do not want to go down, stop for a moment and think about your actions.

The advice is free, Dharamrajas wrath isn’t

Sat Sri Akal,

Then dont you think Ardass should only start with Akaal.

What is important in sikhi to meet Bhagauti(sword) or akaal., Whom do you want to meet?

Just use your brain, God has given this to all. Sikhs stop guru from offering prayer at dom of Muslim.

So where is Akal in Ardass?

Do you think Guru will be unhappy with sikh who remembers Akal instaed of sword, Just use your mind, Think of bani of Guru Granth sahib. Akal is sole purpose of Sikhi, Sword or any motivation anything you say is not close to Akal.

Regards

Guest Akirtghan

yes yes another one who is hell bent to make us not believe in guru gobind singh jee's bani.

lagia reh, mera ki janda :wub:

Do you think guru sahib will be unhappy wiht sikh who questions his bani. just use your mind, think of bani of guru granth sahib. rolleyes.gif

Taken from http://www.sikhworld.co.uk/page17.html

Shaster is the name given to the weapons used in Shaster Vedia. The weapons are held in the highest esteem even higher than the teacher! Weapons have a special place where they are stored and presented. They are approached with respect and bowed to as if they were a living thing. It is believed that these weapons came directly from God and they are manifestations of God's power on earth. Thus the power of God has been put into the hands of man. This is a huge responsibility and something which is easily abused even with the best intentions in mind.

The sword has been for centuries revered by man as a symbol of his power. It was not until the Sikh Guru Hargobind that a deeper understanding of this was revealed. He taught that the sword was a symbol of both temporal and spiritual power. Later Guru Gobind Singh defined this further by describing " God fashioned the entire universe with his sword". For this reason the sword is seen as the primal force of the universe.

The Akali Nihang Singh's worship the sword as a manifestation of God's power. It is through the Sword Meditation that we are granted its blessings. And by which its immense power becomes the law which governs ours thought and actions.

The energy of the sword is called Shakti, it is a 2 1/2 cycle energy which is the regulating force on the physical plane. Mystery of the Sword Meditation is mastery of all aspects of physical reality.

At the moment of creation the Creator was in a profound state of meditation. Every particle of the universe was shaped by this meditation through the sword. By allowing the Sword Meditation the creator grants to his creatures the power of creation.

Every deed regardless of it significance or superficial value is an act of creation. Every action becomes a Kriya, ( a complete and balanced cycle ) every movement a Mudra ( a posture which expresses a particular energy), every though a meditation, creator and creation are united in action, this is Shakti Yoga.

The joy and celebration of this moment of meditation is expressed in the mantra

" Wahe Guru Wahe Guru Wahe Guru "

You can believe there is nothing wrong, So only thing for you is sword. If you cannot give lines from Guru Granth sahib i have no respect to understand your view.

So you want to meet sword and not akal when you die, Dont you think that is rubbish.

You must accept that in entire Bani is written for praise of God or Akal and we sikhs dont remember Akal in bani, except it we remember everything, it is really irony.

Bhagauti cannot be Akal as my friend has given me bani from Guru Granth sahib i had posted in starting, which clearly shows difference between Akal and Bhagauti.

You have so knowledge of Gurbani, i am fool with only some knowledge, but a fool as me can see abscence of Akal maybe you educated ones are not.

tell me only this why there as no refernce of Akal, I have not said Bani as right or wrong, Ardass was modified much later, but it can start with akal and followed by Bhagauti (sword)

I just remember Akal, but you will only be thinking about swords.

Regards

You can believe there is nothing wrong, So only thing for you is sword. If you cannot give lines from Guru Granth sahib i have no respect to understand your view.

So you want to meet sword and not akal when you die, Dont you think that is rubbish.

You must accept that in entire Bani is written for praise of God or Akal and we sikhs dont remember Akal in bani, except it we remember everything, it is really irony.

Bhagauti cannot be Akal as my friend has given me bani from Guru Granth sahib i had posted in starting, which clearly shows difference between Akal and Bhagauti.

You have so knowledge of Gurbani, i am fool with only some knowledge, but a fool as me can see abscence of Akal maybe you educated ones are not.

tell me only this why there as no refernce of Akal, I have not said Bani as right or wrong, Ardass was modified much later, but it can start with akal and followed by Bhagauti (sword)

Regards

hey hey hey remember sword is metaphorical for Akal so why argue with bani my friend it may be that we may not grasp the hidden meaning of it but that does not mean we begin to question my friend......

God fashioned the entire universe with his sword". For this reason the sword is seen as the primal force of the universe.

this, now i cud be wrong here, means that the driving force behind the sword is Akal so the Sword would be a metaphor for Akal

and where you saying: -

i dont think "we" ever thinking swords in the first place........erm............that was ju :wub:

Just read my mail at starting the Bani is from Guru Granth sahib, does it looks like sword to you.

I accept everything then also Akal should come first then you can talk about Bhagauti the power used by God. we remember power but forget the God.

What is use of any power without God.

The primary thing is Akal is everything, Can you give Metaphor for Akal as Sword anywhere. I will prefer Guru Granth Sahib but please give Akal as Bhagauti from anywhere.

Can anyone interpret Bhagauti as Sword in bani given at starting of post?

Regards.