I Don't Believe

Guest _unknown_

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dnt worri about uther ppl let them think wot they want - if u dnt believe in Waheguru cuz cnt see or hear Waheguru - u cnt see air can u? but we still believe in it! so y not Waheguru?

The difference is that I understand what air is....cos I will say things like the air smells good/bad...but with God I don't have that...I don't know what God is in the first place...

Let me go back in time a bit....ages ago people never used to talk....they then made up noises etc....and language came about....so when I say chair we all know what I mean right? when I say air we all know what I mean....Here's the interesting bit we could have called the chair air....and the air chair but in terms of our understanding it would have made no difference cos the thing we refer to in different names is still the same....likewise i wanna know when people say God - what they are callling God...

Guru ji sed that the world wsa once a fog and mist n then scince found out that the world was once a cloud .. doesnt that say sumthin??

Not really cos it does not help me understand in any way what guru ji refers to as God...

well if u believe in a chair and air cuz u can see and hear it then u must only believe in things that are seen by ur five senses.... so u must believe in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji cuz u can see the Guru Granth Sahib.... and the Guru Granth Sahib has Guru Gobind Singh Ji sed is our Guru now....

Guest Akirtghan
The difference is that I understand what air is....cos I will say things like the air smells good/bad...but with God I don't have that...I don't know what God is in the first place...

double dilemma

the only way you know what air is because you have experienced it. the concept of god, is also an experience, and the irony is that one can only experience it, it cannot be showed by another.

if you don't believe, it means you haven't experienced it. if you haven't experienced, you don't believe. see where this going.....

Guest __I am a slave to humanity__

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

I too have this problem sometimes where i doubt the existence of God. If he was real he'd show himself etc. but doesn't it all link back to faith. We have been through thousands if not through millions of life cycles to reach here today, some may disagree but why do they disagree, because of science. Science is a topic which God has created for us to try and understand the world around us but even science doesn't fully understand our origin its just a theory. Many people say the prehistoric era was rife with supernatural beliefs to explain their origin and God was an excuse. I sometimes think this but surely this can be proven wrong. The gurus knew about science before science caught up if you get what i mean. The turban is not only for a religious purpose but it keeps the skeletal plates in tact which has many benefits. The gurus knew about planets, galaxies and stars before mankind found it out by science. We are continually tested through our lives, do our beliefs in science come before our love for Vaaheguroo? Science and sikhi intwine so well and cleverly and this is clear from the SGGSJ. That amazing feeling from simran, that is a mixture of scientifical and religious work. We feel overwhelmed by this emotion, the feelings is caused by brain waves and nerves but this can only be acheived by our creator lord.

Still you could say that it is just baloney and that when people "see the light" is due to science but once more God has created science, his creation of life was the motion of science. Many scientists try and claim that God is false but many are turning to religion because his work is magnificent and can't be defeated. If Darwin is correct that we evolved from Monkeys maybe we did, but God vcreated the evolution and you could say why are there still monkeys today? I took a hukamnama the other day as i was feeling kind of low and i read the most amazing quotes. I had forgotten the path which i knew and the SGGSJ even told me about the months, 10 months since i really fell in love with sikhi, nothing could prove that is fake.

Sorry if ive waffled and you don't understand as this wasn't my intention.

Take care.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh! Khalsa 123

Guest _skepticsikh_

I advise everyone to use the word "science" with a little more discretion, and to separate speculation and scientific fact before posting it.

Here's a few given facts that were irking me so much i decided to make them clear...

1. Science is not all theory. Look up the Laws of thermodynamics, especially the one on the conservation of mass and energy.

2. The 1500s were strictly pre-scientific. That means there was no science of the rigor and type we have today, and that there were only philosophers and thinkers

3. The Guru Granth Sahib Ji teaches morality, life lessons, and everything a human being ought to know to lead a fulfilling life. However, it is not meant to be scientific.

and 4. There is a difference between scientific and objective arguments and moral judgements, which are intrinsically subjective.

I personally think that science doesn't need to find the "meaning" of life. That is a philosophical question. It is humans that put "meaning" into observations. Science is an objective tool to find the relationships between phenomena, while philosophy asks essentially human questions. The purely objective side of me doesn't believe there is a God, while the subjective, philosophical side says that if i do "believe" in a God, it will only make me moral, and that it will give me a meaning to live for. I hope you see how there is no conflict here, how its pretty much logical.

I scorn all the arguments people make to "prove" God's existence because it is so totally pointless. It is a moral choice, so it can never be scientifically proven.

And in response to the comment that "intellectuality has left us in the kalyugh", are you really saying that there is no impetus in having intellect? If you want to blame the problems of the world on someone, don't blame it on objectivity, but on those cruel, heartless, and ultimately deluded monsters like Hitler, Aurangzeb, etc. What has left us behind is our enduring capacity to have a narrow, uninquisite, and judgemental mind.

WJKK WJKF

Guest Guest

Dear,

you said that you like sikh way of life . that means you like gurbani and it is said in the gurbani that you will die and you will get reincarnated according to yours actions in this life.

further in order to experience these things you have to do a lot of gurbani reading and simran.

I think all the guru's were not just lying to us about God.

It's a difference of perspective because I just don't discount logic. There's a dichotomy. Reason; dispassionate, objective, logical, reason. And on the other hand: morality; impassioned, subjective, emotional, morality. Its not "pick what you want", because you can be logical and moral at the same time. Otherwise, atheists would be the greatest criminals in the world (whereas, obviously, no one specific group can be generalized as having committed more crimes).

to answer your last statement, of course they didn't lie. They also didn't say "don't use your heads".