Rehras Sahib Delayed

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Gurfateh sangato

I have a question about Rehras Sahib. Actually on Mondays and Tuesdays I get home around 9 or 9.15 PM after class, and by the time I am done with Rehras its close to or sometimes beyond 10:30 PM. Thus I eat late, sleep late, and thereby my Amritvela doesn't happen. Its only 2 days a week that I have an evening class. What would be a good solution to this?

Thank you

Guest Guest

gurfateh ji

well ermmm if threre is no other way u can do it in youre breaks?

if not... then make sure when u get home do it asap soon as you walk in ,dont eat before doing it ji

bhull chukk maad

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Maybe someone can correct me, but I believe Guru Gobind Singh (before he was guru) used to delay his rehraas sahib (and that of his family, including Guru Teg Bahadur jee) 1-2 hours as he used to play outdoors. I think the important thing is to do it "in the evening" in other words sometime after work and before sleep. So that time should be OK.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Thank you very much Sangato for your responses.

The reason my Rehras would get delayed was because I'd do parts of Sukhmani Sahib after Rehraas, and it would be 10:30 PM as I get back home at different times, a bit before 9 PM or a bit after 9 PM. Its just 1 or maximum 2 days a week that I have evening class. However, by Gurujee's grace daas is going to try doing parts of Sukhmani Sahib after the morning Banis, so that only Rehraas is done in the evening, and this way I can get done maximum by 10 PM and sleep on time, thereby not miss my Amritvela, although that also comes with kirpa.

I tried doing Rehraas while walking around campus, but once I was done, I asked myself "What if I had made errors while reciting it?" But I knew that I had it memorized correctly. Another feeling I had was that I had done it merely to "get it done", and didn't feel the anand that one feels while doing it after panj ishnaan and kangha, sitting down at home with Gutka.

So I took a random shabad from STTM, seeking guidance from Gurujee, and this is what I got...

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?Sour...p;ShabadID=1850

gUjrI mhlw 5 ]

goojaree mehalaa 5 ||

Goojaree, Fifth Mehla:

duie kr joiV krI bynµqI Twkuru Apnw iDAwieAw ]

dhue kar jorr karee baena(n)thee t(h)aakur apanaa dhhiaaeiaa ||

With my palms pressed together, I offer my prayer, meditating on my Lord and Master.

hwQ dyie rwKy prmysir sglw durqu imtwieAw ]1]

haathh dhaee raakhae paramaesar sagalaa dhurath mittaaeiaa ||1||

Giving me His hand, the Transcendent Lord has saved me, and erased all my sins. ||1||

Twkur hoey Awip dieAwl ]

t(h)aakur hoeae aap dhaeiaal ||

The Lord and Master Himself has become merciful.

BeI kilAwx Awnµd rUp hueI hY aubry bwl gupwl ]1] rhwau ]

bhee kaliaan aana(n)dh roop huee hai oubarae baal gupaal ||1|| rehaao ||

I have been emancipated, the embodiment of bliss; I am the child of the Lord of the Universe - He has carried me across. ||1||Pause||

imil vr nwrI mMglu gwieAw Twkur kw jYkwru ]

mil // naaree ma(n)gal gaaeiaa t(h)aakur kaa jaikaar ||

Meeting her Husband, the soul-bride sings the songs of joy, and celebrates her Lord and Master.

khu nwnk iqsu gur bilhwrI ijin sB kw kIAw auDwru ]2]6]15]

kahu naanak this gur balihaaree jin sabh kaa keeaa oudhhaar ||2||6||15||

Says Nanak, I am a sacrifice to the Guru, who has emancipated everyone. ||2||6||15||

I realized that I was trying to cut-short remembering a Guru who loves me at any cost no matter what, and I feel so small. I decided that by His grace I will do it only after getting back home. Yes it will be kind of late, but here it gets totally dark only by 8:45 or 9 PM, so Gurujee has not really delayed my Rehraas by a great deal either. I don't want to do it just to "get it over with", as it doesn't feel the same.

Please do Ardas for me, that I may be able to do Bani with love, no matter if it gets an hour late (which is due to circumstances).

Guest Guest
yh if u can try learn off by heart.... or better still record rehraas sahib ji on ur mp3 and listen to it like when ur travelling home etc. :wub:
Hanji I used to do that when I was working earlier. I would listen to 5 Banis in the morning in my mp3 player while in the bus, and in the evening to Rehraas while returning home. It was pretty much ok, but I couldn't really concentrate as I wasn't saying the words myself. But I'd say this is a better option than doing it while sitting/walking around college.

Thanks a million ji :D

• 3 weeks later...