12 O Clock Joke

Bored

grin.gif after readin all that article thing iswell i STILL don't get it.... blink.gif how is that making fun outta Sikhs?? I don't even get how its a 'joke'.....someone break it down in SIMPLY terms pleaseee!!!!

The Sardar (Sikh) character is commonly portrayed as an “amusing fool” in mainstream Indian society who is usually the butt of most jokes. The jokes usually focus on the Sardar having a lack of common sense and a rural type personality. The 12 O’clock scenario has been adapted as a joke in modern Indian society, where a Sardar is supposed to go nuts when the clock strikes 12 O’clock. There are numerous other examples of offensive Sardar jokes out there revolving around an assumed lack of intelligence of the Sardar and his community.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grin.gif after readin all that article thing iswell i STILL don't get it.... blink.gif how is that making fun outta Sikhs?? I don't even get how its a 'joke'.....someone break it down in SIMPLY terms pleaseee!!!!

The Sardar (Sikh) character is commonly portrayed as an "amusing fool" in mainstream Indian society who is usually the butt of most jokes. The jokes usually focus on the Sardar having a lack of common sense and a rural type personality. The 12 O'clock scenario has been adapted as a joke in modern Indian society, where a Sardar is supposed to go nuts when the clock strikes 12 O'clock. There are numerous other examples of offensive Sardar jokes out there revolving around an assumed lack of intelligence of the Sardar and his community.

ohhh i get it now....as u know i have no sense of humour hearye.gif

p.s. hindus rolleyes.gif

The Sardar (Sikh) character is commonly portrayed as an “amusing fool” in mainstream Indian society who is usually the butt of most jokes. The jokes usually focus on the Sardar having a lack of common sense and a rural type personality. The 12 O’clock scenario has been adapted as a joke in modern Indian society, where a Sardar is supposed to go nuts when the clock strikes 12 O’clock. There are numerous other examples of offensive Sardar jokes out there revolving around an assumed lack of intelligence of the Sardar and his community.

ohh

now i get it

but its pretty stupid

The Sardar (Sikh) character is commonly portrayed as an "amusing fool" in mainstream Indian society who is usually the butt of most jokes. The jokes usually focus on the Sardar having a lack of common sense and a rural type personality. The 12 O'clock scenario has been adapted as a joke in modern Indian society, where a Sardar is supposed to go nuts when the clock strikes 12 O'clock. There are numerous other examples of offensive Sardar jokes out there revolving around an assumed lack of intelligence of the Sardar and his community.

ohh

now i get it

but its hindu's are stupid

:D (dont stress bob or any1 else - OBVIOUSLY i edited his post on purpose for a joke) :)

p.s. i find bob is right tho hindu's are.. lol

:D @ Sardar jokes.

This got to be an Indian thing. I never heard a sardar joke here in the west.

How does the 12 o'clock joke goes? Can someone tell me the actually joke here? I never heard the proper version of this joke before. As you can tell, I don't watch Indian movies nor do I follow Indian culture. blink.gif

How does the 12 o'clock joke goes? Can someone tell me the actually joke here? I never heard the proper version of this joke before. As you can tell, I don't watch Indian movies nor do I follow Indian culture. blink.gif

same i aint heard one either!!! quick some giv us a demo

p.s. Punjabi_Link 's a coconut :) - am messin lol

same i aint heard one either!!! quick some giv us a demo

p.s. Punjabi_Link 's a coconut :) - am messin lol

:D :D :@

I am not white washed, but I am Westernized/Americanized though. I would rather watch soccer (footie/football) than any Indian sports (like Kabaddi) out there.

Underlying the 12 o'clock jokes are two stereotypes of Punjabi Singhs. The first is that they are dumda*s*s pindu types. i.e. unsophisticated, simpletons.

The second is that they prone to crazy mad and irrational behaviour.

It doesn't take much to imagine where these stereotypes have stemmed from and a person only has to meet a handfull to pendus to start thinking that certain characteristics are Sikh.

As for why Hindus do it. Well, I'm starting to believe that any community in ascendency survives because it basically puts down and suppresses the others. This usually means devaluing their culture and portraying them as inferior. Everyone does this. Notice even in our own panth many Jatts feel the need to do this towards others. Many goray feel the need to adopt such an attitude towards nonwhites (i.e. that they are less evolved and uncivilised) and so forth...I remember the old days when SIkhs would bowl around laughing at Hindus for being effeminate and giddarhs. Now the tables have turned.

Plus we stop all stop being pindus and slap around the brothers that reinforce these stereotypes - You know loud, brash, thick with really poor colour coordination. Lets not give Bollywood teh ammunition to use against us.