Wahs The Pic All About?

Menu Ke Patha

The level of paranoia is amusing rolleyes.gif , Guru Nanak Dev Ji maharaj wore a seli type topi, even Sobha Singh back in the 70’s also depicted Guru ji in this manner, but the SGPC back in the day told him to change it. Some of you Neo Sikhs may want to look at ancient frescos in many of our institutions other avatars, devi devthe are also depicted along side the Gurus, further more battle standards from the jangs our gurus and great warriors fought in have several different types of devi, devthe etc, further more Guru Hargobind ji maharaj and engravings on his personalised shastras, have a clue before you bakwaspanthies start dissing real history and not the neo-pseudoism that’s followed today. If your offended good, learn to take it if you know how to dish it! :nihungsmile:

Bakwaspanthees!!

would you mind sharing your opinion on the part of tankhanama of bhai nand lal ji I quoted earlier, or do you thing Guroo Sahib Ji didnt practice what they preached?

Also, i dont know if u believe, but Baba Nand Singh Ji guided an artist to paint a picture of when he saw Guroo Nanak Dev Ji by giving detailed descriptions, this painting shows Guroo Sahib wearing a GOL DASTAR

(Please note i do not advocate pictures of Guroo Sahib or idol worship, just putting this here for the sake of argument)

post-757-1186844652.jpg

Some folks pay more attention to rehatnamey which are dodgy to say the least.

Why pick on some elements of rehatnama and ignore other elements/

Example - rehatnamey also tell us not to wear the colour red and to slay a muslim whenever you come across one - but we ignore these.

Guru Granth Sahib Ji time and again tells us that people should not pay attention to outward appearance as the NAME is in the heart.

Has anyone actually got something written by Guru Gobind Singh Ji forbidding us to wear hats or do we rely on some other Singh's views?

Some elements of rehatname contradict Guru Granth Sahib Ji - i personally ignore them

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ਕਾਇਆ ਕਿਰਦਾਰ ਅਉਰਤ ਯਕੀਨਾ ॥ ਰੰਗ ਤਮਾਸੇ ਮਾਣਿ ਹਕੀਨਾ ॥ ਨਾਪਾਕ ਪਾਕੁ ਕਰਿ ਹਦੂਰਿ ਹਦੀਸਾ ਸਾਬਤ ਸੂਰਤਿ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਸਿਰਾ॥੧੨॥

and thats from from bani so if you think Guru Nanak Sahib wasnt Sabat soorat then may Akaal help you!

what according to u is sabaat surat here ???? is guru ji talking here uncut hairs and turban on the head ????

hak halaal bakhorahu khaanaa ||

Let what is earned righteously be your blessed food.

dhil dhareeaao dhhovahu mailaanaa ||

Wash away pollution with the river of your heart.

peer pashhaanai bhisathee soee ajaraaeel n dhoj tharaa ||11||

One who realizes the Prophet attains heaven. Azraa-eel, the Messenger of Death, does not cast him into hell. ||11||

kaaeiaa kiradhaar aourath yakeenaa ||

Let good deeds be your body, and faith your bride.

rang thamaasae maan hakeenaa ||

Play and enjoy the Lord's love and delight.

naapaak paak kar hadhoor hadheesaa saabath soorath dhasathaar siraa ||12||

Purify what is impure, and let the Lord's Presence be your religious tradition. Let your total awareness be the turban on your head. ||12||

musalamaan mom dhil hovai ||

To be Muslim is to be kind-hearted,

anthar kee mal dhil thae dhhovai ||

and wash away pollution from within the heart.

dhuneeaa rang n aavai naerrai jio kusam paatt ghio paak haraa ||13||

He does not even approach worldly pleasures; he is pure, like flowers, silk, ghee and the deer-skin. ||13||

so guru sahib is telling a qazi ( muslim ) to keep hairs and wear turban ... soorat is punjabi word also used for dhean ... like people say ' essdi rab naal soorat judi hoyi aa ' guru sahib is saying a qazi make devotion to god a turban of ur head ... it has nothing to with looks and what we wear ....

and same is with hoye sikh topi dharre ...

if u still want to change gurbani go ahead ... guru harrai sahib ... told baba ramrai never to show up their face for changing a word in gurbanni from musalman to baiman ... and we are changing meanings of gurbanni .... what will happen to us in dargah only god knows ....

Excellent post Jassa.

This is my point in the previous post.

Guru Nanak Ji is not into outwardly appearnace.

He is telling us to make devotion to God the be all and end all

It is written in the Guru Granth Sahib but we have some who will ignore it and quote from a rehatname

written by some Singh other than Guru.

How do we know that Guru Gobind Singh Ji dictated the rehatnama?

“u'd be surprised but once u start ur santhiya n start learning the true arth of bani, u start learning alot about hinduism..”

Mate I don't know ya well enough to hate ya, but I would definitely suggest that you look at keeping alternative sangat to meet with for your santhiya because judging from your above statement you seem to be learning far too much about Hinduism, where really by studying the true arth of Gurbani you should be learning allot about Waheguru!

I wonder how you would explain the various arths without delving into Hinduism

ਭਗਤ ਹੇਤਿ ਮਾਰਿਓ ਹਰਨਾਖਸੁ ਨਰਸਿੰਘ ਰੂਪ ਹੋਇ ਦੇਹ ਧਰਿਓ ॥

For the sake of His devotee Prahlaad, God assumed the form of the man-lion, and killed Harnaakhash.

ਸੁਥਰ ਚਿਤ ਭਗਤ ਹਿਤ ਭੇਖੁ ਧਰਿਓ ਹਰਨਾਖਸੁ ਹਰਿਓ ਨਖ ਬਿਦਾਰਿ ਜੀਉ ॥

सुथर चित भगत हित भेखु धरिओ हरनाखसु हरिओ नख बिदारि जीउ ॥

For the sake of the pure-hearted devotee Prahlaad, You took the form of the man-lion, to tear apart and destroy Harnaakhash with your claws.

ਆਪੇ ਗੋਪੀ ਕਾਨੁ ਹੈ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਬਨਿ ਆਪੇ ਗਊ ਚਰਾਹਾ ॥

The Beloved Himself is the milk-maid and Krishna; He Himself herds the cows in the woods.

ਆਪੇ ਸਾਵਲ ਸੁੰਦਰਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਆਪੇ ਵੰਸੁ ਵਜਾਹਾ ॥

The Beloved Himself is the blue-skinned, handsome one; He Himself plays on His flute.

ਕੁਵਲੀਆ ਪੀੜੁ ਆਪਿ ਮਰਾਇਦਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਕਰਿ ਬਾਲਕ ਰੂਪਿ ਪਚਾਹਾ ॥੨॥

The Beloved Himself took the form of a child, and destroyed Kuwalia-peer, the mad elephant. ||2||

ਆਪਿ ਅਖਾੜਾ ਪਾਇਦਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਕਰਿ ਵੇਖੈ ਆਪਿ ਚੋਜਾਹਾ ॥

The Beloved Himself sets the stage; He performs the plays, and He Himself watches them.

ਕਰਿ ਬਾਲਕ ਰੂਪ ਉਪਾਇਦਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਚੰਡੂਰੁ ਕੰਸੁ ਕੇਸੁ ਮਾਰਾਹਾ ॥

The Beloved Himself assumed the form of the child, and killed the demons Chandoor, Kansa and Kaysee.

Guest Dancing Warrior
So in a nutshell, what I say is that I do not disagree that these pictures exist, but what I do disagree with is that they are or we’re produced by any of our Guru’s or any Gursikh that follows the Path of the Khalsa.

exactly what me sed earlier.

What the hell are you people talking about!?!, you don’t even have a command of English yet you’re learned historians! Don’t give up your day job! LOL.gif

So in a nutshell, what I say is that I do not disagree that these pictures exist, but what I do disagree with is that they are or we’re produced by any of our Guru’s or any Gursikh that follows the Path of the Khalsa.

What the hell are you people talking about!?!, you don’t even have a command of English yet you’re learned historians! Don’t give up your day job! LOL.gif

Mate, that old sayin Pot, Kettle, Black comes to mind! Have a quick read back over what you have written, cos it looks more like Jibberish rather than English to me :wub:

Now get back to work, otherwise it'll be you giving up your day job with a P45 hand shake from your boss.

Just another thing off topic: Do you and Gurbar come as one package? cos you seem to pop up and have your lil outbursts at the same time. Im sure i've seen you on your own before:

Guest Dancing Warrior

Mate, that old sayin Pot, Kettle, Black comes to mind! Have a quick read back over what you have written, cos it looks more like Jibberish rather than English to me :wub:

Now get back to work, otherwise it'll be you giving up your day job with a P45 hand shake from your boss.

Just another thing off topic: Do you and Gurbar come as one package? cos you seem to pop up and have your lil outbursts at the same time. Im sure i've seen you on your own before:

Sorry mate, you can’t join the club

You stick to your big time neo-kardkoos!! In your fight for bakwasistan! Land of marble and whitewash

You obviously don’t understand what’s been written “cos” you lack capacity, a thick skull and tiny brain must be a real hindrance. :nihungsmile:

Oh please! I really wanted to learn how to be a good lil Shatanan ling!

“You stick to your big time neo-kardkoos!! In your fight for bakwasistan! Land of marble and whitewash”

That sounds like little man syndrome to me, was someone not breast feed as a child? To be honest mate they have Surgeons who can sort that out for ya! I don’t think there’s any hope for your dancing though:

“a thick skull and tiny brain must be a real hindrance”

I wouldn’t know geez, but I’m sure you we’re actually talkin from experience. Plus that big head of yours must get really heavy on your slight lil frame! I guess u didn’t drink & eat your Dhood & Badham as a youngster.

Guest Dancing Warrior

The video of you was very nice, however it becomes apparent and clear it is yourself that has been malnourished as a child I suggest you send the video to “you’ve been framed” with the income invest it in SMA. Depravation as a child has hindered your ability to ration thought and basic intelligence. Don’t fool yourself you couldn’t handle batham let alone lactose enriched milk. On a more serious note I do feel I should phone up child line and report your individual case as a major concern there may also be an opportunity for you to feature in their advert and make addition income, given a monkey suit you could also do a stint for the R.S.P.C.A I truly believe this is your calling, I hope you remember me when you pick up your Oscar.

But wait…..what is this? more from your inexhaustible talent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvP7dT3Dx0

BRAVO BRAVO!!!! :nihungsmile: