'sikh' Speed Dating?

Sikh Soldier

i disagree with speed dating.

When was dating in accordance in gurmat?

On akj.org they have a link 'matrimonal submission'- http://akj.org/skins/one/matrimonial.php

Its a fantastic idea, you just fill out your details and wait for a response, much better than dating.

Its better to have your parents involved, and have a marriage arranged properly.

I know you all probably disagree with me, oh well.

vahiguroooooooo pray.gif

On akj.org they have a link 'matrimonal submission'- http://akj.org/skins/one/matrimonial.php

Its a fantastic idea, you just fill out your details and wait for a response, much better than dating.

Its better to have your parents involved, and have a marriage arranged properly.

vahiguroooooooo pray.gif

Oh ok. Gursikhs in the past never drove cars or ate cakes and biscuits, does that mean we shouldn't now? What is wrong with meeting a prospective Sikh partner and enjoying a meal or something to get an impression of them? That arranged marriage stuff is cultural anyway. What do you expect people who convert to Sikhi to do then? They don't have these traditions of arranged marriages or extended families to fix things. Are they still not Gursikhs? Like I said, don't mix premarital sex with dating.

Plus - Look at what a jaloos Sikh weddings have become now. It is just an opportunity to show everyone how rich you are.

vahiguroooooooo pray.gif

Oh ok. Gursikhs in the past never drove cars or ate cakes and biscuits, does that mean we shouldn't now? What is wrong with meeting a prospective Sikh partner and enjoying a meal or something to get an impression of them? That arranged marriage stuff is cultural anyway. What do you expect people who convert to Sikhi to do then? They don't have these traditions of arranged marriages or extended families to fix things. Are they still not Gursikhs? Like I said, don't mix premarital sex with dating.

Plus - Look at what a jaloos Sikh weddings have become now. It is just an opportunity to show everyone how rich you are.

ok fine im sure you are a well learned gursikh and know alot more than me...

However let me just say a few things... how can u compare eating a biscuit or driving a car with dating????!!

wether you like it or not, dating is wrong, becuase the panj piayre said so, and i listen to them rather than you.

there are a number of other ways of gettin a partner other than dating.

<<<<What do you expect people who convert to Sikhi to do then? They don't have these traditions of arranged marriages or extended families to fix things.>>>>

Are you kidding??? Nearly all of my local sangat came from a background where thay had no sangat, but they got strong into their sikhi, took amrit, and left marriage to mahraj, and mahraj found a partner for them.

I dont know what sikh weddings you have been to, but i have attended anand kaarajs where the couple are amritdhari and follow gurmat, and they dont show their riches off.

Im not gonna say anthing else but i know there is sangat out there who agrees with me and wouldnt go dating.

When it comes to relationships and marriage etc... People are going to have their own views, some will want "arranged" marriages while some will want "love"

Whatever it is let individuals make their own choice instead of arguing about it whether its right or wrong etc.. etc.. Its not going to change peoples views.

Just one more thing sorry if i maybe wrong but didn't Bhai Fauja Singh have a "Love" marriage ?

PS. Speed Dating just sounds cheesy and lame

When it comes to relationships and marriage etc... People are going to have their own views, some will want "arranged" marriages while some will want "love"

Whatever it is let individuals make their own choice instead of arguing about it whether its right or wrong etc.. etc.. Its not going to change peoples views.

Just one more thing sorry if i maybe wrong but didn't Bhai Fauja Singh have a "Love" marriage ?

No, lots of people say that bhai fauja singh had a love marriage to justify their own actions. but this is false!

ask bibi amarjeet kaur yourself. He seen her, wanted 2 marry her so asked someone to arrange it.

he didnt take her for a meal, chat to her innapropriately or have a relationship with her.

ok vato is right everyone has their own opinions.

No, lots of people say that bhai fauja singh had a love marriage to justify their own actions. but this is false!

ask bibi amarjeet kaur yourself. He seen her, wanted 2 marry her so asked someone to arrange it.

he didnt take her for a meal, chat to her innapropriately or have a relationship with her.

ok vato is right everyone has their own opinions.

Thanks for clearing it up i wasn't sure u see

does it matter how someone finds their future wife/husband aslong as they both love sikhi etc.............anyways parents usually have the final say because they pay for everything...........even if u found ur soulmate through sikh speed dating parents have a habit of messing things up :D