Six Killed, 19 Injured In Abbotsford Crash

S1ngh thanks for the pictures. Assists in some way of keeping these people in our ardas.

I'm told that the source of those pictures is some media. Surely the beautiful veer without his dastar would strongly object to any public portrayal of him without his dastar. That being the case, how disrespectful that upon his tragic death, somehow the media thinks it is acceptable. Respect is of even greater importance. Surely any prayers are based in fundamental respect.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sangat ji,

I can tell you first hand what happened. Well sort of, the family was my pabi's mamma's family. The bride is my pabi's mamma's daugter. My pabi was at the wedding, however stayed in the house during the jago. the driver was indeed beaten. I will post any further information as and when.

thanks everyone for all your well wishes.

sangat ji,

I can tell you first hand what happened. Well sort of, the family was my pabi's mamma's family. The bride is my pabi's mamma's daugter. My pabi was at the wedding, however stayed in the house during the jago. the driver was indeed beaten. I will post any further information as and when.

Mod Note: This is sensitive issue. Please keep limit on your critiques.

Sorry to the victims.

I'm not going to make too many friends for this next paragraph but, bare with me. Newspaper is reporting that the 71-year old driver was taken out of his truck and beaten. Um, anyone else find that really disturbing? Everything happens for a reason. It's not like he intentionally hit them. To those who beat the man, what are you thinking? Your friends and family are bleeding on the road and you go and beat the man? What the heck is wrong with people?

he was beaten, we know his daugter, and *EDITED*

S1ngh thanks for the pictures. Assists in some way of keeping these people in our ardas.

I'm told that the source of those pictures is some media. Surely the beautiful veer without his dastar would strongly object to any public portrayal of him without his dastar. That being the case, how disrespectful that upon his tragic death, somehow the media thinks it is acceptable. Respect is of even greater importance. Surely any prayers are based in fundamental respect.

hanji the picture was taken from online Punjabi media news: AjitJalandhar.com

I agree with you and i have taken off that image from SSNews

This is all very sad........but beating the driver was wrong nothing is gona bring back their loved ones...........you can understand their anger but they will realise what they did was wrong.........the driver is gona punish himself for the rest of his life for this.

sangat ji,

Mods are very wise.

KMan, just to give you an example of why we need to be sensitive.... 6 people dead and others laying all over the road. The poor driver is in a state of shock or hurt to the same extent as some of the people. He could have appeared intoxicated, slurred his speech, been non-responsive etc. People may have assumed that he was intoxicated so a drunk driver killed what might have looked like 10-15 people in shock and not responsive. Some in shock who would know otherwise may have senselessly reverted to the culture on the streets of India, where beating the perpetrator is a norm.

Now, even under those circumstances, it is of no use to be assaulting anyone and it is unfortunate, but hopefully you see how why it might be best to give all involved in the tragedy a little bit of of leeway.

Anyone with family here in relation to the driver or pedestrians, you're in our ardas.

sangat ji,

Mods are very wise.

KMan, just to give you an example of why we need to be sensitive.... 6 people dead and others laying all over the road. The poor driver is in a state of shock or hurt to the same extent as some of the people. He could have appeared intoxicated, slurred his speech, been non-responsive etc. People may have assumed that he was intoxicated so a drunk driver killed what might have looked like 10-15 people in shock and not responsive. Some in shock who would know otherwise may have senselessly reverted to the culture on the streets of India, where beating the perpetrator is a norm.

Now, even under those circumstances, it is of no use to be assaulting anyone and it is unfortunate, but hopefully you see how why it might be best to give all involved in the tragedy a little bit of of leeway.

Anyone with family here in relation to the driver or pedestrians, you're in our ardas.

Thanks. That sheds some light on the issue.