Im Annoyed

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend too notice that most 'proper' Singhs who get all angry and obsessed with other Sikhs for either

A - Wearing a patka

B - Putting a cap over it every now and then

C - Trimming their bear and mustache

D - Trimming hair

etc etc, get some (rather shallow) superiority complex over it where they go and start blasting others, and start hurling insults and hate towards them. However it usually due to their OWN deep down insecurities, so they have to call out others for not being more "like them" which would in turn help their confidence. It's pretty lame, quit obsessing over small things and dividing the kaum even further. You wear a dastar, don't cut your hair, and don't trim, congratulations, that really is good, but leave it at that. Just because you do, doesn't give you ANY sort of right or liberty to call out others.

HeatSikhingMissile (Beard trimming Singh)

Heat seeking, cool down or you're missle will start to spiral in seeking itself.

Forget about you, me, or whomever, as none of us is perfect.

However, speaking of sikhi, how do you reconcile your views above with Sikh Ardas? Ardas is contrary to your views above. Surely you don't think that Ardas is an expression of deep down insecurities?

What do you think Bhai Taru Singh Ji and countless like him would say about your views above? Any comments from you or peacemaker?

What do you think Bhai Taru Singh Ji and countless like him would say about your views above? Any comments from you or peacemaker?

Of course if I were approached by enemy combatants of the Sikh religion who said (even though I trim my beard) to shave it, I would refuse, as would any Sikh bow down to the will of such people. What you fail to understand is that wasn't JUST about the hair, hair is part of the body, eventually it too will fall and turn to dust, it was the PRINCIPLE of LIBERTY and PERSONAL FREEDOM of why Sikhs refused orders of the mughals, of course the keeping of hair is ordaned by Guru Ji and we SHOULD, that being said, if someone does or doesn't to me does not define the strength they hold for guru within themselves, there's ALOT more to Sikhi than simply how long a persons beard is, to trivialize it to such simpleton thinking borders on insulting it.

... of course the keeping of hair is ordaned by Guru Ji and we SHOULD, .....

hsm this is not about you or me and sikhi. Lets get that out of the way. I'm comfortable with assuming that you're a better sikh than I. I've got a long way to go.

You say there's alot more to Sikhi than how long a persons beard is. I take that a step further and say Sikhi has nothing to do with the LENGTH of a beard. Amongst other things, it has everything to do with NOT trimming one's beard.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, in the heat seeking of the moment :lol: , you did not address my question at all.

1. I asked what do you think Bhai Taru Singh Ji and countless others like him would say about your views posted previously.

I have two more questions.

2. Why do you suggest that we SHOULD (your emphasis) keep our hair?

Also you say keeping of hair is ordained by Guru Ji.

3. Do you believe that what Guru Ji ordains is a small thing (your post "quit obsessing over small things")?