Question For S I N G H S

_anon_

look at india... guys go down the street holding hands - dont mean they are gay.

Doesn't mean it is good either. I was well embarrassed once when two Singhs were walking down Oxford Street (!!!) hand in hand! I think they were father and son. They looked like they were from Afghanistan. People were laughing and pointing.

I mean the son wasn't a kid or anything he looked about 19/20 holding his pops hand like a baby. Disgraceful. What kind of lions are they? They looked more like p u s s y cats LOL.

I dont care. I think thats wkd. If Maharaj was in physical form now, i would let him hold my hand infront of all my friends, my uni mates, colleagues at work, the whole world even. But hey... what am i talking about? MAHARAJ is in physical form... and theres a bit of Guru Jee in everyone. So if someone grasps on to my hand walking down the street, i will count it as a blessing, not something i should be embarrassed about, particularily, if they jap Naam.

Forgive me if i am wrong in that..

Yeah but it still looks majorly gay and off key when you see it down the road in England. I thought Guru ji was teaching men how to be brave noble warriors not frilly girls blouses. LOL

Actually, correction bro. Guru Jee was... sorry IS teaching Gursikhs to become SANT-SIPAHI'S... ie. Saint Soldiers. Guru Jee has purposely put SANT before SIPAHI and the aura of a SANT should be to love all and not be afraid to show it. If you havent got the aura of a SANT (and a Sant is one who will never self-proclaim that they are saintly), then you might as well call yourself something like Bhai-Sipahi or just Sipahi but never Sant Sipahi because a true SANT SIPAHI will even love his enemies, same sex or not...

Forgive my many mistakes

As true as that is, is still doesn't justify looking gay. Those original Khalsa were hardcore warriors not hippies. Walking around holding another guys hand is just plain wrong if your not a backdoor merchant. Sorry - It is just something I could never condone. You stretching the humanism of Sikhism to encompass this behaviour is stretching it a bit. Plus how does holding another blokes hand down the road give the impression of saintlyness?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look at india... guys go down the street holding hands - dont mean they are gay.

Doesn't mean it is good either. I was well embarrassed once when two Singhs were walking down Oxford Street (!!!) hand in hand! I think they were father and son. They looked like they were from Afghanistan. People were laughing and pointing.

I mean the son wasn't a kid or anything he looked about 19/20 holding his pops hand like a baby. Disgraceful. What kind of lions are they? They looked more like p u s s y cats LOL.

I dont care. I think thats wkd. If Maharaj was in physical form now, i would let him hold my hand infront of all my friends, my uni mates, colleagues at work, the whole world even. But hey... what am i talking about? MAHARAJ is in physical form... and theres a bit of Guru Jee in everyone. So if someone grasps on to my hand walking down the street, i will count it as a blessing, not something i should be embarrassed about, particularily, if they jap Naam.

Yeah but it still looks majorly gay and off key when you see it down the road in England. I thought Guru ji was teaching men how to be brave noble warriors not frilly girls blouses. LOL

Actually, correction bro. Guru Jee was... sorry IS teaching Gursikhs to become SANT-SIPAHI'S... ie. Saint Soldiers. Guru Jee has purposely put SANT before SIPAHI and the aura of a SANT should be to love all and not be afraid to show it. If you havent got the aura of a SANT (and a Sant is one who will never self-proclaim that they are saintly), then you might as well call yourself something like Bhai-Sipahi or just Sipahi but never Sant Sipahi because a true SANT SIPAHI will even love his enemies, same sex or not...

Forgive my many mistakes

As true as that is, is still doesn't justify looking gay. Those original Khalsa were hardcore warriors not hippies. Walking around holding another guys hand is just plain wrong if your not a backdoor merchant. Sorry - It is just something I could never condone. You stretching the humanism of Sikhism to encompass this behaviour is stretching it a bit. Plus how does holding another blokes hand down the road give the impression of saintlyness?

Thats your own narrowmindedness.

It not about giving impressions of being saintly. Lets someone from an "untouchable" caste, where everyone around them would even refuse to breathe the same air as them, one day looks up to see someone holding out their hand to walk with them... do you not think that would really touch their hearts? Or do you think i am being a bit gay because i believe in the power of what is done over what is said?

Let me ask you... lets say you see a blind man walking down the street who is lost. Would you, out of fear of being seen as "gay" by people, just walk on by? Leave him to find his own way? Or take a hold of his hand and guide him to where his destination? Guru Arjan Dev Jee, through Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee says..

sun a(n)dhhaa kaisae maarag paavai ||

By listening, how can the blind find the path?

kar gehi laehu ourr nibehaavai ||

Take hold of his hand, and then he can reach his destination.

[http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=904]

And you still have yet to explain to me how you expect to hold the hand of Guru Jee whilst you believe that it is "gay"? Tell me... how do you know that someone who asks to hold your hand whilst walking down the street, is not a supreme being? Or dont you have belief that Guru Jee can wholely come in a human form and ask you Himself?

We should be praying... PRAYING, that he holds our hand, whether it means us blackening our face to the entire world or even walking down the street naked. Not worrying about people thinking you're gay...

kar gehi leenae naanak prabh piaarae sa(n)saar saagar nehee pohiaa ||4||

Taking hold of my hand, O Nanak, my Beloved God will not let me be swallowed up by the world-ocean. ||4||

[http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=197]

kar gehi kaadt leeeae prabh apunai amiou dhhaar dhrisatta(n)ganaa ||10||

Grasping hold of my hand, He has lifted me up and out; He has blessed me with His Ambrosial Glance of Grace. ||10||

[http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=3792]

Forgive my many mistakes

Thats your own narrowmindedness.

It not about giving impressions of being saintly. Lets someone from an "untouchable" caste, where everyone around them would even refuse to breathe the same air as them, one day looks up to see someone holding out their hand to walk with them... do you not think that would really touch their hearts? Or do you think i am being a bit gay because i believe in the power of what is done over what is said?

Let me ask you... lets say you see a blind man walking down the street who is lost. Would you, out of fear of being seen as "gay" by people, just walk on by? Leave him to find his own way? Or take a hold of his hand and guide him to where his destination? Guru Arjan Dev Jee, through Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee says..

sun a(n)dhhaa kaisae maarag paavai ||

By listening, how can the blind find the path?

kar gehi laehu ourr nibehaavai ||

Take hold of his hand, and then he can reach his destination.

[http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=904]

And you still have yet to explain to me how you expect to hold the hand of Guru Jee whilst you believe that it is "gay"? Tell me... how do you know that someone who asks to hold your hand whilst walking down the street, is not a supreme being? Or dont you have belief that Guru Jee can wholely come in a human form and ask you Himself?

We should be praying... PRAYING, that he holds our hand, whether it means us blackening our face to the entire world or even walking down the street naked. Not worrying about people thinking you're gay...

kar gehi leenae naanak prabh piaarae sa(n)saar saagar nehee pohiaa ||4||

Taking hold of my hand, O Nanak, my Beloved God will not let me be swallowed up by the world-ocean. ||4||

[http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=197]

kar gehi kaadt leeeae prabh apunai amiou dhhaar dhrisatta(n)ganaa ||10||

Grasping hold of my hand, He has lifted me up and out; He has blessed me with His Ambrosial Glance of Grace. ||10||

[http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=3792]

You seem to be quoting bani out of context. I am talking specifically about everyday men (not saints) holding hands and walking around town. Your bringing some whole new metaphysical angle into it. No, I don't believe Guru ji will come here in physical form to try and hold my hand. I believe if blessed he may metaphorically come and hold my hand and keep me solid in hard times. That is what i believe that bani you quoted to be referring to. Physically expecting Guru Ji to come and hold your hands is nuts. Our Guru is still with us as SGGS. Your going on some other level. What do you think that those guys I saw were the Guru manifest on earth? They were just a pair of regular guys and looking gay like that doesn't do us any favours. I have a few times helped blind people and I don't see how that relates to what we are talking about.

Anyway, enough of that, I think we have discussed the point enough. But don't be surprised if some other Sikh turns around and tells you to stop that quick if you wonder around town like a jessie holding some other blokes hand. lol

lol im gonna agree to disagree then. If thats how u think, thats how u think. I just dont see where in Bani or Rehatnama it says that a father cant walk down the street holding his sons hand, no matter how old they are.

And "What do you think that those guys I saw were the Guru manifest on earth?"... maybe you are some next level yourself if you are telling me that you would be able to recognise Guru Jee if he DID manifest himself wholely on Earth. In which case... i bow to you there.

I do get what you mean about being pansy, but I think whats more important is to worry about what Guru Jee will see in you... not some next people. You're Guru comes first... everyone else, after.

lol

most likely, theres a story behind it. Sikhlionz n me always xhange x's as a joke but that dont mean we "bat for the other side"... well, im speaking for myself there more than anything :)

but nah it cud just be a joke thing they have OR... it cud be a singhni who he has named as a singh in his fone book... or maybe they just have a lot of pyaar for each other as Gursikh brothers...

OMG thats just too funny but then again living in London esp down green street you see some crazy things!!!!!! like two hindu guys holding hands :D

well done banda

and o people stop thinking rubbish.

what will u say to singhs who hug each other and do saas giras naam?

i saw many singhs when they meet each other instead of shaking hands they hug each other and do lots of naam with love.

ehe barhale(westren) bandea di soch v oda di hi ho gayi hai, ena nu sharam aandi hai je singh apas ch pyaar te friendship nal rende han. te ena ne sochna v putha hi hai

Homophobic tendencies always make people sound so childish. Sikhs who are warriors, regardless of their personal views, would protect gays from unwarranted discrimination and mockery, not contribute to it.

:WW: Well said, but sadly the sikhs you talk about are few between, instead we see the new breed of westernised sikhs that make comments such as those above no.gif