Question To Amritdhari Brothers And Sisters

But truth is love to anything else that Guru is false (Mithiya).

If you have to choose between your Guru and your family what will you choose?

It is everyones self consciousness. It is everyones own ideology, if by teaching them so much they leave sikhi, then neither i am good teacher nor they are good students. It does not apply to parents.

That is the children has left teachings of his Parents that they do not trust him. It has much deeper meaning then what you think.

I have no hard feelings for people who abonden sikhi having no or little knowledge of it, but i hate people who abonden there Guru having full knowledge of history and culture. It is simply ignoring all our shahedds, it means that they are just want to prove that they are too weak to follow the path of our shaheeds.and such weak persons have no right to be sikh.

I am sure of myself i will not and never accept Patit child,

I can accept people who are monay and have no knowledge of sikhi as they are ignorent.

I hate people who have knowledge of sikhi and our shaheeds and are money.They are foolish.

Regards.

Wow! Eazy there bro.

I guess you don't have too many monay friends. :D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no point arguing because you dont know how your children will turn out BUT when you do become parents just try to be the best mum or dad you can be and teach them about sikhi and hope for the best.

btw i have non keshdhari friends but they seem to be afraid to talk about sikhi to me for some strange reason wats up with that???

I am not even sure if i can live like a sikh and you guys discussing about kids?

First of all ask yourselves if you are certain that you'll be leading a sikh life.

I will do this.. i will do that.. i won't let them do this.. i will hate them.. blah blah.. i will disown them.. O bhaleyo loko do u even know if you'll live tomorrow?

i was gonna say pretty much the same thing that Princess said.

ocelot said something along the lines of i hate seeing an amritdhari walking along the street with his mona son.

we have a Youth of the Month who openly told of trying times with her father when she decided to reject christian faith and embrace Sikhi...

the teacher-student relationship between a parent and a child only goes a certain way.. when the child is unable to form cohesive, logical, reasonable thoughts, then the parent is the teacher... there comes a time, a really really blessed time, though....where parent and child can learn FROM EACH OTHER... when your daily life becomes sangat, not just one-way lecturing. Of course, this requires the parent to be willing to accept thought patterns different from their own... I know it happens with me and my dad all the time, but we're both beter off for it.

If my kid, at the age of 20 or whatever, decided that he/she was done with sikhi, frankly, i'd likely be ripped up inside.... but by this age, as heera said, they are making decisions as mature adults that they believe are best for them at that time... If i was providing them with positive sangat, and finding ways for them to meet likeminded individuals for the first 20 years, though.. i would find it hard to believe that he/she would want to leave the path.

if it were to happen regardless, my duty as a parent does not change. Morally, spiritually, religiously ,and legally, a parent's duty is to love, nurture, and provide the necessities of life to their child. I wouldn't stop doing that.

and i just went back and read ocelot's second post, and you know... i think i agree.. not to the extent of HATE... but it's a very solid point

people who have spent years and years learning about our shaheeds, sitting in sangat, and whatever... and for whatever reason, they let it all go, obviously it's all in Hukam... and i understand that "virlay", only the rarest of the rare find their way onto God's Path.... but still, you question it deeply... these people who supposedly know so so so much, and are so so so knowledgeable about history and even baani, and then they go and jump off the train.

really makes you think

My biggest fear would be that they became one of those people who look Sikh but behind my back they would be doing all the usual stuff. I would rather they had cut hair then disgrace the roop like that.

I know people wont like it but I wouldn't encourage them to be Singhs unless they really understood whose boots they are walking in. For the guys, if the kid can't fight like a lion, there is no way I would encourage him to keep kesh (he would have to go gym, do martial arts and be able to look after himself on top of the prayers). Maybe it is just that I have real high expectations of what a real Singh represents. It is very difficult level to reach, you have to be politically and socially astute, mega confident, spiritual and a kick chittor fighter too. Better develop these characteristics and then become an amritdhari.

Maybe it is just that I have real high expectations of what a real Singh represents. It is very difficult level to reach, you have to be politically and socially astute, mega confident, spiritual and a kick chittor fighter too. Better develop these characteristics and then become an amritdhari.
then just keep "preparing" your entire life

Maybe it is just that I have real high expectations of what a real Singh represents. It is very difficult level to reach, you have to be politically and socially astute, mega confident, spiritual and a kick chittor fighter too. Better develop these characteristics and then become an amritdhari.
then just keep "preparing" your entire life

Fair point. But it is a big commitment that shouldn't be taken lightly.