A Wedding Which Took Place This Weekend

sikh_youth_uk

Where in ANY of my posts does it say that i express my opinion based on my "Sikh" Math? I express them from my OWN thoughts - no wonder theres disagreements

isn't the the whole point of bein on the path to sikhi? isn't that the whole point of u bein on this forum? to gain some GURmat... to learn more bout sikhi.. to try to follow the way of a Sikh to the best of your ability? to try to help yourself as well as others to follow the word of our Guru? we all use our own mat...everyday... buh... if sum1 is tellin u sumtin u are doin wrong... and u refuse to acknowledge or listen to it, then ur only askin for trouble.. and that doesn't do much for ur spirituality... i'm ur big brother and i'm tryin to help u out... take it for wha i's worth...

while on the path of sikhi we're supposed to try to fix our faults and become more of a GuruKaSikh...

I aint on that Ehvaastha

All in all it comes down to my mind dont work the way Gursikhs like yours' does - my opinions and thoughts dont maintain that base to think like a 'Sikh' - I know i 'diliberatly' get into disagreements becuase I speak what I think - for me thats what makes a indiviual - am not sayin people don't express their TRUE self - am just sayin I speak out to whatever it is that I don't agree with.

who said i'm a Gursikh? le's nah even go there...

and everybody is on different avastha... buh that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to better ourselves... and we better ourselves by fixin ourselves first... we fix ourselves by readin (and livin) bani.. by doin simran.. by LOVE... by acceptance...

if u kno u deliberately get into disagreements then maybe u shud think twice before u post.. and yes, we shud be able to speak our mind... buh as a Sikh, we should be COMPASSIONATE of others, even if we dun agree wit them..

even if u dun agree wit sumtin.. there's a way and a tone to give ur opinion/rebuttle...

bottom line.. if u kno ur wrong and u continue to do wrong.. then ur not doin netin for ur spirituality..

treat others how you, yourself, would like to be treated!

'as u sow, so shall u reap'!

... take it from ur older brother...

Just would like to add interfaith marriages are not rubbish especailly where both parties are amritdhari and have love for Guru Ji infact these are completlely the opposite to rubbish.

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

This is happenning up and down the country in the UK and will probably continue. However I agree with Narinder Singh completely, there should be no issue here ,we allow non amritdhari weddings to happen all the time in our community.Understanding of Gurmat is of extreme importance and I commend Gurdwaras who have projections of translations of SGGS in ther Gurdwaras for everyone to read and see. A gora or a black man marrying a panjabee girl could well be a good thing who are we to know what kind of life they are going to have in future and they may even lean on sikhe as their faith. Highly unlikely but who are we to judge what's already destiny on the forehead, it's hard enough to look after and mange oneself alone and live without going of a tangent within sikhe principles.

yeh..okay... rolleyes.gif I see more "apaneeh" walk into Churches/ Mandhirs / Mosques than i see a Christian - blank or white - walk into a Gurdwara - we get MAJOR thrills when we see a black or white man walk into the PARTY of a wedding - MOST of them are capable of that - but its quite understandable that they don't wanna come to the Gurdwara as a general.

I hear so much crap like this....what difference is their between a person converting by force or infront of everyone when a panjabee girl marries a Gora/ Hindu / Muslim? There isn't one - we don't take it as a threat because we can see them get married.

Interfaith Marriages are a load of rubbish excl.gif

Agreed.

It is hard to maintain your beliefs and practicing your faith when you're married to someone who doesn't believe in the same thing as you. Also, it is hard for a kid to follow both religions at the same time as well.

Where in ANY of my posts does it say that i express my opinion based on my "Sikh" Math? I express them from my OWN thoughts - no wonder theres disagreements

isn't the the whole point of bein on the path to sikhi? isn't that the whole point of u bein on this forum? to gain some GURmat... to learn more bout sikhi.. to try to follow the way of a Sikh to the best of your ability? to try to help yourself as well as others to follow the word of our Guru? we all use our own mat...everyday... buh... if sum1 is tellin u sumtin u are doin wrong... and u refuse to acknowledge or listen to it, then ur only askin for trouble.. and that doesn't do much for ur spirituality... i'm ur big brother and i'm tryin to help u out... take it for wha i's worth...

while on the path of sikhi we're supposed to try to fix our faults and become more of a GuruKaSikh...

I aint on that Ehvaastha

All in all it comes down to my mind dont work the way Gursikhs like yours' does - my opinions and thoughts dont maintain that base to think like a 'Sikh' - I know i 'diliberatly' get into disagreements becuase I speak what I think - for me thats what makes a indiviual - am not sayin people don't express their TRUE self - am just sayin I speak out to whatever it is that I don't agree with.

who said i'm a Gursikh? le's nah even go there...

and everybody is on different avastha... buh that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to better ourselves... and we better ourselves by fixin ourselves first... we fix ourselves by readin (and livin) bani.. by doin simran.. by LOVE... by acceptance...

if u kno u deliberately get into disagreements then maybe u shud think twice before u post.. and yes, we shud be able to speak our mind... buh as a Sikh, we should be COMPASSIONATE of others, even if we dun agree wit them..

even if u dun agree wit sumtin.. there's a way and a tone to give ur opinion/rebuttle...

bottom line.. if u kno ur wrong and u continue to do wrong.. then ur not doin netin for ur spirituality..

treat others how you, yourself, would like to be treated!

'as u sow, so shall u reap'!

... take it from ur older brother...

What makes you think that I don't 'listen' to other people that share their opinions? I didn't think it was possible to have a 'tone' without speaking? I think its best to just leave it there - you've said what you wanted to say and so have I - so theirs no point.

What makes you think that I don't 'listen' to other people that share their opinions? I didn't think it was possible to have a 'tone' without speaking? I think its best to just leave it there - you've said what you wanted to say and so have I - so theirs no point.

ur continued bashin of others is evidence in itself.. and yes it IS possible to have a tone..

i will finish off wit one ting... u say those are ur OWN opinions and ur OWN thoughts and don't reflect Sikhi... well if tha's the case, please dun use bani to try to prove ur points..

ur continued bashin of others is evidence in itself.. and yes it IS possible to have a tone..

i will finish off wit one ting... u say those are ur OWN opinions and ur OWN thoughts and don't reflect Sikhi... well if tha's the case, please dun use bani to try to prove ur points..

What right you go to say that? I use Gurbanee to use as a base for what Guru's teach us on particular issues. I aint used it in terms of wrong - obviously you gona say yes I have cos u dont agree with me and I don't agree with you - but like I said theres no point gettin into that.

For what it is I use Gurbanee for what I think am sayin is right in order to back myself up.

Whats funny is i bet you've all attended weddings of relatives who probably dont even know how many Guru's walked the Earth. How are they different from "goreh"? Or are you solely looking at colour of persons skin? Or do you believe that a person only has to be born into a Sikh family to be a Sikh?

To be a Sikh means to give you're head to the Guru by taking Amrit and following His teachings by keeping rehat.

Please correct me, i was thinking lavan was written by Guru in context of God and not for marriages of two person.

It is much later that people started to use these to perform marriages.

I think true union is only with Akal and not with any other human.

Please correct me if i am wrong.