Zafarnama Questions

Singhstah

Well I was reading the amazing Zafarnama of Guroo Gobind Singh Ji, and was basically speechless every line, however I have a few questions about it.

1. Do people actually read it as bani? The beginning praises of Vaheguroo aere amazinnnnggg, however as it progresses its basically dialouge to aurangzeb (nonetheless it is still obviously something which we can use to learn from), but like do people read it as part of like nitnem or is it just something to understand how Guroo Ji conversed with the enemy?

2.The last part of verse 9 is directly translated as, "He is the inspiration of the Koran", well I dont know much but i heard alot of the koran is kinda messed up, some people say bad stuff was added into it, so would Guroo Ji be reffering to the original Koran which didnt have bad parts?

3.The main part that confused me was, from verses 89-94, Guroo Sahib like praises Aurangzeb, after telling him off severly in all the rest of it, calling him things like Shaa shan shaa (king of kings) and handsome and everything, then after those verses Guroo Sahib goes back to telling him how bad he is, so i was like really confused.

Last thing id like to say is if you aint read Zafarnama you HAVE to read it, you will be MIND BLOWN, omg Guroo Gobind Singh Ji was the master poet :WW:

There are no words to explain how great the praises of Akaal Purakh in there are and how Guroo Ji describes war and just such amazing lines, you have to read it for yourself. Also, even though the original is in arabic, read it anyway, cause its so beautiful sounding.

Very valid points. I also thought about them when i read zafarnama once a while back.

No kathavachaks ever mentioned those points (atleast to whom I listened).

Guru is infinite and deviod of any hate ....its really hard to think the way guru ji think cuz we are in our finite self and filled with opinions.

God is inspiration of any work meant to "find" Him. So koran is inspiration of Almighty.....i think so.

3.The main part that confused me was, from verses 89-94, Guroo Sahib like praises Aurangzeb, after telling him off severly in all the rest of it, calling him things like Shaa shan shaa (king of kings) and handsome and everything, then after those verses Guroo Sahib goes back to telling him how bad he is, so i was like really confused.

I think maybe you're reading too much into this.. it is obvious what Guru Ji meant..

"Though you are the king of kings, O Aurangzeb ! you are far from righteousness and justice.94."

I mean maybe Aurangzeb was a good king, just messed up with Guru Ji.

If you think about it, a villian is not like the typical Bollywood-type villian where EVERYTHING about them is bad..

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Kathavachak Giani Gurbaksh Singh Ji Gulshan UK has done sewa on the translation of the Zafarnama. I think he did this around 300 anniversary of the Khalsa panth. I don;'t know if it's available online.

I agree with Shaheed_Fauja on the statement

"Though you are the king of kings, O Aurangzeb ! you are far from righteousness and justice.94."

i can't remember where it was written, but Zafarnama has a specific form as it is a kind of poetry, and Guru ji used this form. I can't remember exact numbers, but there's supposed to be something like 64 couplets in praise of waheguru, 6 in praise of the enemy king, and other numbers that I can't remember.

There is a form to Zafarnama, and it isn't random praise.