Another Instance Of Racism..

er_gurjot

well m gonna write somethin wat happened wid me... in reality..

Das completed his engineering in production from NIT jalandhar(one of d top institutes of india)

got job wid Patni computers ltd.. Mumbai based software comp..

wen i went dere on this 6th aug.. i was told to appear for certain tests .. of which i was neva told before.. nyway i did.. cleared majority of dem wid got marks.. but was struck in one...

dat too how-- it was online xam and d server was struck...

other guys were struck in 2 xams.. but i was asked to resign.. they were not.. reason .. sub in which i failed is more important... later i was made to sign legal docs stating dat m resigning on ma own...

later on some of some of the guys told me unofficially dat since here d majority is of marathas.. they don want any punjabi to be here...

dis is wat happens in GR8 INDIAN IT INDUSTRY..

Well I am not sure what exactly happened with you. It might be racism on part of someone present at the time of the process or it might be just that the company wanted to cut the number of new joinees due to some problems with the cmpany finances.I remember in 2001 slowdown lot of freshers who were offered jobs were not actually taken by companies due to slow down.

I have been in indian IT industry for 7 years now and I think thats one field where there is least burocracy or racism.I have worked in mumbai for 1.5 years , 3 years in bangalore, 6 months in delhi and rest abroad.I never faced any discrimination whatsoever.I know there is lot of politics in indian IT industry for management positions and thats common for all communities. Also there is favourism working sometimes for key positions like a south indian helping south indian or a punjabi helping punjabi, but once again its same for all and can not be called discrimination or racism.

Anyway dont feel bad,it might be a blessing in disguise.Indian IT industry is hungry for people these days so I am sure you will get some other better oppurtunity.

Good Luck!

the company u r talking about patni... I have couple of sikh friends in the same mumbai office and they have never complained about anything like that...and one of them has really grown fast in that company...

i won't say anything racist happened to u... but if they made u sign papers saying u resigning on ur own... thn thts wrong and u should not sign tht....

All I.T is full of jerks, dont know even basic of Software and call them software engineers :D

Why do you want to become like them.

Indian It, The english will develop software and give it to indians to maintainence and support. What rubbish is it?

Anyone having knowledge or faith in IT, just PM me either you are genius or dont know what real software programming is, how complex and intresting it is.

I am in IT, so i know what scenario really is, The people are dirt cheap and majority have got no skill, It is only till some foreigh hacker blow them, and all will fall or some change in law.

it will not grow and eventuall began to shrunk, just see time.

There is no security just based on some commercial Firewalls :)

Just if one goes inside it will bring down all there clients:(

So just wait till some hacker who has got skills got mad on Indian IT::D

Absolutely no skills in OS, networking, complilers, virtual machines, JVM and what not.

Just these stupid IT persons are earning based on Call center and out sourcing maintainence work. :D

They will all fade out which has got no true skills.

So start to learn true skills. i am also in another IT. I dont heard about any racism but i admit all are fools with no skill at all.

Regards

Regards.

the company u r talking about patni... I have couple of sikh friends in the same mumbai office and they have never complained about anything like that...and one of them has really grown fast in that company...

i won't say anything racist happened to u... but if they made u sign papers saying u resigning on ur own... thn thts wrong and u should not sign tht....

i was in pune office

All I.T is full of jerks, dont know even basic of Software and call them software engineers :D

Why do you want to become like them.

Indian It, The english will develop software and give it to indians to maintainence and support. What rubbish is it?

Anyone having knowledge or faith in IT, just PM me either you are genius or dont know what real software programming is, how complex and intresting it is.

I am in IT, so i know what scenario really is, The people are dirt cheap and majority have got no skill, It is only till some foreigh hacker blow them, and all will fall or some change in law.

it will not grow and eventuall began to shrunk, just see time.

There is no security just based on some commercial Firewalls :)

Just if one goes inside it will bring down all there clients:(

So just wait till some hacker who has got skills got mad on Indian IT::D

Absolutely no skills in OS, networking, complilers, virtual machines, JVM and what not.

Just these stupid IT persons are earning based on Call center and out sourcing maintainence work. :D

They will all fade out which has got no true skills.

So start to learn true skills. i am also in another IT. I dont heard about any racism but i admit all are fools with no skill at all.

Regards

Regards.

lol.. Bruv you are wayyyy wrong on this one.. Most of the IT field including designing, testing etc are mostly in the hands of Indian ppl.. whether in US or in India. English or goray as you said are only good in getting work done by others (management skills) but they are not the one who are in majority of designing/making softwares/databases etc.. Its fact that Indians are way smart in that field.. but by looks they look like common UP bhaiya..