Amrit

Guest gupt_murakh

Guest gupt_murakh

sanjant jio..........im living the life on a impure and selfish manmukh...............but waheguru brought me along on His path about two yrs ago and now for the past wekk or so i feel waheguru is telling me to take amrit...........there is a amrit sanchar this weekend and this murakh has the strong desire to give her head to Guru Jee

heres the problem............im involved in a relationship and have been for 6yrs............my partner is kind, caring and eerything i would want in a life partner.................except althought he respects my beliefs he has no pyaar for sikhi and does not wish to walk on this path with me..............

So with Waheguru's greatsat kirpa i told him that i will be taking amrit and our relationship has to end..........he is very upset and we are in crisis talks at the moment..................

Ending the relationship was not as hard as i thought it would be..............but im beginning to feel weak........i scared that i will back down before the amrit sanchaar and i DONT want to..................

but at the same time my family and friends will be very angry and upset with me becos in their eyes im too young to take amrit and im throwing away 6yrs off my life with my partner (who all my family love and adore) where we shud be making plans to get married............

im continuosly doing ardas behnti to mahraj to help me through this difficult time and to ensure i make it till the sancharr but im realy frigtened to take this step.........

penji, its hard for me to understand what you must be feeling at the moment because i have not experienced a situation like yours. But i will try to offer you some of my advice.

Waheguruji is calling you to him, this is why you want to take amrit. guruji chooses who to give amrit to, only the blessed recieve this amazing gift. It would seem that sikhi is more important to you than anything now, and is not just a passing interest/phase like your parents may think. You are very lucky to have been brought onto this path, because unfortunately the majority of the world dont have this opportunity.

All relationships on earth are temporary...our family, friends, loved ones are all temporary...only our relationship with god is permanent. Search your feelings you know this is true. We have one chance in this life to reach god, and we should try to do everything in our power to merge with waheuguruji.

Your family with time will accept you taking amrit..im sure. this is a pivotal moment in your life. If you dont take amrit at this moment in your life and get back into a relationship with some1 not interested in sikhi, to please your family and him, then i promise that this will eventually lead you away from god. and you will look back at this moment in your life with a lot of regret, but feel helpless to change/get back onto the path of sikhi.

If your heart is telling you that amrit is what you desire then go for it. dont hold back. Think of the amrit sanchar in 1699, the 5 beloved ones who gave there head to guruji didnt think with their minds, they stood up because they were driven by their souls love for waheugurji.

im sorry if i have sad anything wrong or offended you in any way, i am just trying to give some advice. I myself also have the yearning for amrit, and come from a mona non religious family, and hope to take amrit ASAP.

wjkk wjkf

penji first of all after bein attached someone for 6 years, then to detach urself from them to put ur sikhi 1st is amazin so thanks gurujee he did kirpaa on u. u have already taken the 1st steps, it just seems tht ur scared that ur gonna fall somewer along the way.

dont worry mahraj had helped u so far, and he will continue to help u as long as u seek his sharan (sanctuary).

take his hand and he'll guide u.

i hope mahraj blesses u with amrit, stay in sangat.

accept whats happenin as hukam, altho alot harder said than done.

vahiguru jee ka khalsa vahiguru jee kee fateh

who ever replied here, have you guys been in a relationship? rolleyes.gif if you haven't gone through something like this, what you say is just your opinion !!!!! and quite irrelevant if you ask me.

you western people and your black n white version of sikhi :D

ਏਹੁ ਕੁਟੰਬੁ ਤੂ ਜਿ ਦੇਖਦਾ ਚਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਲੇ ॥

एहु कुट्मबु तू जि देखदा चलै नाही तेरै नाले ॥

Ėhu kutamb ṯū je ḏėkẖ­ḏā cẖalai nāhī ṯėrai nālė.

This family which you see shall not go along with you.

ਸਾਥਿ ਤੇਰੈ ਚਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਨਾਲਿ ਕਿਉ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਈਐ ॥

साथि तेरै चलै नाही तिसु नालि किउ चितु लाईऐ ॥

Sāth ṯėrai cẖalai nāhī ṯis nāl ki­o cẖiṯ lā­ī­ai.

They shall not go along with you, so why do you focus your attention on them?

ਐਸਾ ਕੰਮੁ ਮੂਲੇ ਨ ਕੀਚੈ ਜਿਤੁ ਅੰਤਿ ਪਛੋਤਾਈਐ ॥

ऐसा कमु मूले न कीचै जितु अंति पछोताईऐ ॥

Aisā kamm mūlė na kīcẖai jiṯ anṯ pacẖẖoṯā­ī­ai.

Don't do anything that you will regret in the end.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਕਾ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਸੁਣਿ ਤੂ ਹੋਵੈ ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਲੇ ॥

सतिगुरू का उपदेसु सुणि तू होवै तेरै नाले ॥

Saṯgurū kā upḏės suṇ ṯū hovai ṯėrai nālė.

Listen to the Teachings of the True Guru - these shall go along with you.

ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਮਨ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਤੂ ਸਦਾ ਸਚੁ ਸਮਾਲੇ ॥੧੧॥

कहै नानकु मन पिआरे तू सदा सचु समाले ॥११॥

Kahai Nānak man pi­ārė ṯū saḏā sacẖ samālė. ||11||

Says Nanak, O beloved mind, contemplate the True Lord forever. ||11||

Ang 918