eating egg in sikhism ?

anyone ever explored the issue of honour killing????....i.e parents/relatives finish off the assaulted victim to save face....this sucks totally... and yes our PUNJABI CLOSE MINDED SOCIETY sucks the most in all of these issues. :D hmph :wub: so sad.

and yes, big up to kalgidhar pitajee for giving us a sharp cool kirpaan to defend ourselves. :) HE's the smartest. :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhainji

Honour killing is more to do with the female who 'disgraces' her family by falling for someone of a different caste and then runs off with that person or marries him without her family's consent. This is very prevalent amongst Hindu Jats of Haryana and UP.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the eggs- I was recently reading something in the Metro newspaper ( I also saw similar articles in other papers ). This article was about how a family brought a pack of free-range eggs, and one of them being a biologist or something realsied some of the eggs were fertilized ( doesn't say how), and so incubated them, and they hatched. So, the choice for egg eaters is either eggs from battery- caged hens, and the obvious suffreing, or free-range eggs that may well have been fertilised, as roosters are often kept with free-range hens for some reason or other. Free range eggs are also, not guilt-free even if unfertilized either- a hierachy develops among free range chickens in the entrapped conitions of a free-range farm, in which the dominant hens begin monopolizing food, and attack weaker ones. There is some stuff about this on the Peta website, but many will claim this is likely to be one sided. I did have a more balanced view taken fron somewhere on the internet, but can't find the article.

If nothing else, this shows in the very least taht if you are a vegetarian because you believe Sikhi tells you to show compassion to other living creatures ( especially those with a certain level of consciousness ( ie animals)), then such compassion is hindered by continuing to eat eggs while being a vegetarian. For other, the choice is their own- I can't imagine non-veggies being too concerned about such concepts of compassion. I think what I mean is that if you are a veggie because you think Sikhi has instilled values of compassion into you, you should cut eggs, if you have some other explanation of being a veggie, maybe this does not apply, and likewise, it doesn't apply to n

on-vegetarians either. Its all about interpreting why you are a vegetarian in my book, and building up such thought processes from that.

I've sincerely tried to be accomodating to ALL voiews here, so hope I havent offended, or disregarded anyone. :TH:

I used to be a heavy egg eater (6). You can say I used to live on eggs!!! (6) Once I made an omelette out of 4 eggs and had it (6) . Next thing, I was lying down with a killing stomach ache :'( . I was all alone in the winter holidays at home and didn't expect anyone to find my dead body for the whole month if I died!!! :'(

So I learnt my lesson...the hard...really hard way!! :|

so...DON'T EAT EGGS :wub:

Tell them Dr. uncle Mehtab sa

id so ! :nihungsmile: