Gurdwara Pardhans Without Turbans

one love kaur

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats my point exactly...the head of the gurdwara should be some1 who keeps kesh, refrains from alcohol, vegi, and a married man.

Can I just add he shouldn't be a crooked <admin-profanity filter activated> either, who is syphoning money off for his daughters wedding or something. Like many seem to be doing.

Although I'm not for mona pardhans, I don't think that it is the biggest issue involving Gurdwaras in the west today. It is quite common to have mona pardhans in 'modern' Gurdwaras in Vancouver, where there's become a great divide between the rather stringent, and the more leniant Sikhs. I have noticed that these 'leniant' Gurdwaras were you are allowed tables/chairs in the langar halls, and mona-pardhans have also done a great deal OUTSIDE the Gurdwara in regards to spending for the community. IE. Proper dormitory building for Granthis from overseas, sports facilities for sangat, senior community centre, basically turning the Gurdwara area into a campus for the community. Whereas it seems you wonder "where is all the money going?" with some Gurdwaras where the pardhan is a Singh and the sangat is much larger. It's not as if having kesh/keskhi defaults someone too being pious and not having makes one shady, it's not a barometre at all on either side. That being said I still believe a pardhan should be full keshadhari, however if a mona wants to contribute to the Gurdwara, they should be allowed some level of input within the make up of the committee, be it treasurer or some sort of project coordinator for the community etc.

Although I'm not for mona pardhans, I don't think that it is the biggest issue involving Gurdwaras in the west today. It is quite common to have mona pardhans in 'modern' Gurdwaras in Vancouver, where there's become a great divide between the rather stringent, and the more leniant Sikhs. I have noticed that these 'leniant' Gurdwaras were you are allowed tables/chairs in the langar halls, and mona-pardhans have also done a great deal OUTSIDE the Gurdwara in regards to spending for the community. IE. Proper dormitory building for Granthis from overseas, sports facilities for sangat, senior community centre, basically turning the Gurdwara area into a campus for the community. Whereas it seems you wonder "where is all the money going?" with some Gurdwaras where the pardhan is a Singh and the sangat is much larger. It's not as if having kesh/keskhi defaults someone too being pious and not having makes one shady, it's not a barometre at all on either side. That being said I still believe a pardhan should be full keshadhari, however if a mona wants to contribute to the Gurdwara, they should be allowed some level of input within the make up of the committee, be it treasurer or some sort of project coordinator for the community etc.

I agree that the pardaan should ideally be an Amritdhari but don't be blinded to the fact that most of the corruption taking place in the panth right now is conducted by Amrit and Kesh dhari "Singhs". Whether we like it or not, the truth is that often a mona would do a better job of running a Gurdwara than the pindu keshdharis running them these days.

don't be blinded to the fact that most of the corruption taking place in the panth right now is conducted by Amrit and Kesh dhari "Singhs". Whether we like it or not, the truth is that often a mona would do a better job of running a Gurdwara than the pindu keshdharis running them these days.

What are you basing this evaluation on? I'm not saying that your right or wrong......just wondering how you came to your conclusion.

don't be blinded to the fact that most of the corruption taking place in the panth right now is conducted by Amrit and Kesh dhari "Singhs". Whether we like it or not, the truth is that often a mona would do a better job of running a Gurdwara than the pindu keshdharis running them these days.

What are you basing this evaluation on? I'm not saying that your right or wrong......just wondering how you came to your conclusion.

SGPC = Widely corrupt organisation at heart of Sikh institutes run by.....wait for it.......corrupt keshdhari/amritdhari Singhs, who are in the pockets of the Hindu government.

Someone once said to me....if real Singhs were ever in charge of the SGPC....central government would attack it.

Other factors. Over 25 years of watching various committee punch ups, hypocrisy, misuse of funds and syphoning of money...but in these cases both monas and amrit/kesh dharis were involved.

Result = Largely lost generation of Sikhs both in the diaspora and in the Sikh homeland.

It doesn't seem to make much difference whether a person has kesh or not as a pardaan from my experience, it has absolutely nothing to do with the persons character. I would rather find someone with humility, honesty, vision and creativity than the usual corrupt "looks good in the community" type.

I truly think I have now given up caring about these things. SO i'll say no more on the subject but this. Those Singhs of old I grew up being told about - who would never compromise, had iron and kindness in their hearts, and a political and social vision in their mind. They seem to have died out completely...what is left is a joke.

Mr. dal "singh" 101

In almost 99% of your posts over the past several weeks, all I have seen is a clear hatred of those who keep Sikhi saroop. Be they keshdharis or Amritdharis, in your opinion they are all a bunch of gutless jokers, all are a gang of corrupt and pathetic individuals who have done Sikhi no good, and are no less than the Taliban.

I don't disagree with you on all these issues, but if you feel so strongly about these issues, if you are so sick and tired of these people, why don't you accept the challenge of keeping Sikhi saroop and making a difference? Why don't you become Gurujee's son in the true sense and come forward to clean up the mess? Surely if you know the flaws these guys have, you might as well take the right step and sort out whats done wrong, right? So why don't you take up the challenge rather than wailing and whining over the internet about how these Amritdharis are a useless lot who can't do anything?

I don't mean to sound rude or offend you as I got nothing personal against you or any other monnay brothers, as I myself find several monnay a lot ahead in their Sikhi than I could ever attempt. However they don't moan about every other thing like you do, sorry to say, and don't turn the finger towards those in Sikhi saroop and label them as the root of all problem.

So to conclude, and I didn't really want to say this out, but are you man enough to accept this challenge and make a difference? If not, then I am afraid you can go on and on about stuff. You can go on and on about what Hindus and Muslims are doing, but guess what, you yourself look like one of them. I am miles away from being a "minimum requirement Sikh" myself, but I've seen enough of your blame game holding Amritdharis as culprits for every single thing that goes wrong, which is why I am urging you to accept this challenge. Maybe if you are man enough to accept it, then other "namesake Sikhs" like myself can follow your example and walk on the right track, thereby making our lives useful for our Panth.

So...you ready for the challenge? Or is this all you are going to do for the rest of your tenure on this forum, i.e. wail and whine?

Sorry if any of the above said was offensive, but we have had enough of you insulting Amritdharis in EVERY bloody post you've made on this forum!

No monas should not be allowed to become pardans. If they can't follow the simplest rule written by our gurus how do you expect them to follow other rules?

i agree to wot u hav written dat mone shudnt become pardaans

but those who wear a dastar n r amritdaari

wot do they do?

u go to da gurdwara where der r so many singhs dat aint got a clue about sikhi themselves

but r ruling da gurdawar in da way dey want to...

i find all dis gurdwara pardaangi is all to do wid politics

:lol: :) :cry:

^^^

Good!!

I hope some of the idiots on this forum get a little insight on how easy it is to make generalised comments towards monay. It can easily be turned the other way.

As for my SIkhi I will follow it to where it leads me in its own time....I've tried rushing it before and am not about to make that same mistake again.

I hope some of the idiots on this forum get a little insight on how easy it is to make generalised comments towards monay. It can easily be turned the other way.
If that was directed towards me (by the way you are not 100% wrong about me being an <banned word filter activated>), I don't think I have generalized monay anywhere, rather I've mentioned about some monay being a lot better in Sikhi as compared to "namesake Singhs" like myself.

As for my SIkhi I will follow it to where it leads me in its own time....I've tried rushing it before and am not about to make that same mistake again.
Ok, thats cool. I understand as I've been there and tried to rush it, and you are right it doesn't help.

Once again, if anything I said was offensive, I apologize. I don't know you personally, and don't know where you come from and what kind of bad experiences you've had with Amritdharis. I would still urge you to become a Singh and be a shining example for all of us, and may Gurujee bless you with that avastha soon as nothing is ever in our hands.

your brother

Mehtab Singh

(no hard feelings)