Burma

HAR!

Vjkk vjkf

I would like to bring something to the attention of all Sikhs out there. What is happening in Burma today is exactly what our Guru's stood for. These Monks have risked their lives for the sake of others. There is no difference between what happened in 1984 and what has happened today. If anything, this is more important as this is in our present. It's all great and wonderful if you want to give your life for your religion, but let's try something else, let's try what Guru Teg Bahadur did... That is what make Sikhi SO beautiful and great. Guru Tegh Bahadur did not just defend his own, for the human race was his own and could not stand against oppression of any kind, against anyone. This is the responsibility which has been passed down today by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. If your name ends with Singh or Kaur, this is your responsibility. If you are a child of the Guru, it is your responsbility to show some kind of support (in any way) be it go there and stand with them or give a donation to charities supporting them. Do a kirtan darbar for SARBAT DA PHALA! This is who we are. Recognize this and help the human race.

These monks have been marching the streets chanting prayers for the whole of the human race! That includes us! These monks, in their most difficult of times are chanting for peace on earth! Peace for everyone. They have been brutally killed while praying on the streets. These monks are more 'Sikh' than I am. What a great way to give your life. God, bless all those who stand in protest in the streets of Burma in your name, give them victory.

Include them in your daily banis. These people are standing up against brutal people who run their country. This is not just a problem in some distant country, this is a problem against your human race. 'Recognize the whole human race as one' - Guru Sahib.

Stand up and show what Sikhi is about with the compassion of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and the courage of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji with the acceptance of Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

VAHEGURU!

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

excellent post, its sad no one has replied to this thread. why these days sikhs are becoming more self centered? human rights abuses against others abroad are not worth discussing , all they care about human rights abuse in punjab. why this partiality? i yet to see internet soorma's who claim they are against any human rights abuses speaking against this oppression.

I want to help but HOW????

I feel really bad about whats happening in Burma. Some of the Buddhist Monks have been killed, scores have been arrested for "starting a movement", their Temples are surrounded by the Army, their main Shrine was tear gassed, other temples have been raided the monks detained. There's a curfew in place.

What can we do? Anybody have any ideas.

I want to help but HOW????

I feel really bad about whats happening in Burma. Some of the Buddhist Monks have been killed, scores have been arrested for "starting a movement", their Temples are surrounded by the Army, their main Shrine was tear gassed, other temples have been raided the monks detained. There's a curfew in place.

What can we do? Anybody have any ideas.

We could start off by just by reading extra bani and doing an Ardas for world peace and for Maharaj to stay ang-sang with these Monks who are protesting against tyranny.....

maybe the monks are a bunch of black/white buddhists fanatics who are just trying to divide united myanmar?

i could be wrong.

either way, think your not seeing many posts because people don't know too much about Myanmar or Burma.

naamstang your the same person who hates people posting about stuff they are ignorant about. so people are taking your advice and remaining silent cause they don't have the knowledge on the topic to get all fiery about it. human rights in punjab causes passions to rise because it happened in their backyards. it happened to their chachas, tayas, aunts uncles cousins, brothers etc etc

so instead of always taking these posts as an opportunity to make veiled smart remarks against people who sympathize with the human rights struggle in punjab, use your avastha and knowledge of gurmat for uniting us and making us more aware of our human oneness. our gurus were ready to embrace even the enemies of humanity, yet you can't even reconcile with your own people based on political views.

i hope you put all your knowledge to a more positive use.

peace man.

maybe the monks are a bunch of black/white buddhists fanatics who are just trying to divide united myanmar?

I dont beleive in total non violence as buddhist do but one thing for sure buddhist cannot be fanatics with terrorist intent because they dont hijack planes or blow up planes or blow up targets along with innnocent civilians like black and white sikhs did back after 1984.

hijackers and people blowing up planes did not get lynched on the streets of delhi. don't go there man.

a few black/white sikhi punks don't legitimize the genocide and torture our learned friend.

anyways. lets not get off topic. i'm sure the monks will get things done cause unlike our people, they are united and not fighting each other. let's watch how people really get freedom, by uniting and fighting.