Inspirations Thoughts And Quotes

JustME

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Henry Ford

We may affirm absolutely that nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion.

Hegel

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love mark twain

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

very interesting. but dont u think following this could get u in trouble? grin.gif

if i think i am dead, guru maharajs amazing, i can enjoy life from a perspective of a person who is FREE. FULL FREEDOM TO DO WHATEVR. if one thinks about it...when one is dead..s/he has no bondage to anyone. u are just FREE FROM EVERYTHING AND CONNECTED WITH ONE ALL MIGHT POWERFUL SOURCE OF ENERGY..THE CREATOR OF ALL!

gurbani helps us become truly free =)

~vaheguru~

"bout me: You have to take the good with the bad, smile when you're sad, love what you got, remember what you had, always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes but never regret, people change, things go wrong, but... LIFE GOES ON...

-- plagiarism sample"

got it off of someonez profile...(cant tell who) lol

love mark twain

Mark Twain

very interesting. but dont u think following this could get u in trouble? grin.gif

if i think i am dead, guru maharajs amazing, i can enjoy life from a perspective of a person who is FREE. FULL FREEDOM TO DO WHATEVR. if one thinks about it...when one is dead..s/he has no bondage to anyone. u are just FREE FROM EVERYTHING AND CONNECTED WITH ONE ALL MIGHT POWERFUL SOURCE OF ENERGY..THE CREATOR OF ALL!

gurbani helps us become truly free =)

~vaheguru~

grin.gif hmmm...good point!!!

You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it

Malcolm X

Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.

Malcolm X

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein

There was a little boy with a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, to hammer a nail in the back fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Then it gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his father about it, and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a person and draw it out: It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share a word of praise, and they always want to open their hearts to us.

The small, well-poised and alert 92-year-old, who is up and dressed each morning by eight o'clock with her hair nicely coiffed even though she is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today.

Her husband of 70 years recently died, making the move necessary. After an hour of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, she smiled when I told her that her room was ready.

As she maneuvered her walker to the elevator, I described her tiny room, including the eyelet curtains that had been hung on her window.

"I love it!" she said.

"Mrs. Jones, you haven't even seen the room ... just wait."

"That doesn't have anything to do with it," she replied. "Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged...it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it. It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away just for this time in my life. Old age is like a bank account: you withdraw from what you've put in."

Thank you for your part in filling my Memory Bank. I am still making deposits.

Remember the five simple rules to being happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred.

2. Free your mind from worries.

3. Live simply.

4. Give more.

5. Expect less (this is the hard one)