What Is Purkarma

k4singh

My understanding is that Pakarma is when someone walks around (in this case) Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (clockwise). It is a sign of respect and comes from the old days when a person would walk around their teacher / elder out of respect. I believe there are references of doing pakarma of Maharaj in the rehatnama's.

when you walk in a clockwise direction satguru jee is always on your right hand side. . . sign of respect. .. in anticlockwise maharaj is on your left hand side. . . to put it simple. . .nihangs go anticlockwise. . .taksal and probably every1 else go clockwise. . . i remember being told that baba thakur singh jee told someone off really badly for going anticlockwise.

when you walk in a clockwise direction satguru jee is always on your right hand side. . . sign of respect. .. in anticlockwise maharaj is on your left hand side. . . to put it simple. . .nihangs go anticlockwise. . .taksal and probably every1 else go clockwise. . . i remember being told that baba thakur singh jee told someone off really badly for going anticlockwise.

It means to give your than atay man to Guru jee. giving yourself up.

haha yea I've encountered that as well. I was walking beside a Gurmukh from taksal who was reading gurbaanee and I was told to switch sides. haha. don't make it simple. why DO nihungs walk anticlockwise?

It means to give your than atay man to Guru jee. giving yourself up.

haha yea I've encountered that as well. I was walking beside a Gurmukh from taksal who was reading gurbaanee and I was told to switch sides. haha. don't make it simple. why DO nihungs walk anticlockwise?

i think so that their shashtar is facing Guruji so its giving respect to both Guruji and shashtar...

SO if a nihang goes anti-clockwise, and a taksali goes clockwise...... they will inevitebly bump in2 each other and fall down. :lol: kick.gif

we shud standardise it to one way for the sake of not bumping into each other. :)

SO if a nihang goes anti-clockwise, and a taksali goes clockwise...... they will inevitebly bump in2 each other and fall down. :lol: kick.gif

we shud standardise it to one way for the sake of not bumping into each other. :)

LOL!!!