What Would You Like To See In The [techie Section]?

SATORi

Please post here what YOU would like to see or be discussed here in the [Techie Section].

I will try my best and fill in your needs and wants.

The reason for me doing is that, for the most part, SS's Techie Section lacks activity.

well i love that thread on desktops and ur advice on tidying up my desktop and the links u provided were fantastic.........im gonna upload my new desktop screen shot after i post this :cry: :cry:

Im a Windows XP user at work (i knw i knw, but i work in a school :) ) i love love to see links to little programs like the RocketDoc toolbar is FANTASTIC :wub: (thank ju for that link :lol: ) where we can better manage PC's

well i love that thread on desktops and ur advice on tidying up my desktop and the links u provided were fantastic.........im gonna upload my new desktop screen shot after i post this :wub: :wub:
Great, I am glad that those links helped you in some way or another :lol: Waiting for that screenshot :)
Im a Windows XP user at work (i knw i knw, but i work in a school :cry: ) i love love to see links to little programs like the RocketDoc toolbar is FANTASTIC :D (thank ju for that link :cry: ) where we can better manage PC's

Yup, it's a headache trying to do innovative tricks with your pc's when they arn't yours. tongue.gif

Anyway, you are welcome and I will try to give you more links like the previous ones.

What else would you like to see here? Perhaps a guide to something...?

What else would you like to see here? Perhaps a guide to something...?

yeah i mean at work i make guides on like 10 troubleshooting tips and compressing pictures to retain quality but reduce files size and stuff..........i think the basics of PC management and Multimedia guides would be quite useful............like snippits of things that people didnt knw to make interaction with ur pc for fun and user friendly...........perhaps?

bhul chuck maafi

yeah i mean at work i make guides on like 10 troubleshooting tips and compressing pictures to retain quality but reduce files size and stuff..........i think the basics of PC management and Multimedia guides would be quite useful............like snippits of things that people didnt knw to make interaction with ur pc for fun and user friendly...........perhaps?

Not a bad start I'd say, it might just work and get more people involved. I will start posting some random stuff soon after I compile the guides.

Not a bad start I'd say, it might just work and get more people involved. I will start posting some random stuff soon after I compile the guides.

ive got some guides on photo editing but we used Serif here but i can compile one for Fireworks user............damn i love that program :wubc:

but i chuck up some of the stuff i compiled but if u want any help just PM me :lol:

i did have a kirtan blog a while back, but i had stop doing it because i was having difficulties finding a free site to host my mp3 files from. so do you have any suggestions/tips for hosting mp3 files on the net? I need to see the mp3 url so i can copy and paste that onto my blog. Im even willing to pay for somewhere to upload my mp3 files too but i dont wanna sign up to any random dodgy site

ive got some guides on photo editing but we used Serif here but i can compile one for Fireworks user............damn i love that program :wubc:

Sure thing, no matter what program it is, it'll still make a guide worth a loot at! I will talk to a moderator and get appropriate sections for this created.

but i chuck up some of the stuff i compiled but if u want any help just PM me :)

No problem and thanks :lol: I will check up on you, so yeah start compiling those guides now. rolleyes.gif

i did have a kirtan blog a while back, but i had stop doing it because i was having difficulties finding a free site to host my mp3 files from. so do you have any suggestions/tips for hosting mp3 files on the net? I need to see the mp3 url so i can copy and paste that onto my blog. Im even willing to pay for somewhere to upload my mp3 files too but i dont wanna sign up to any random dodgy site

I know what you mean. Free sites are troublesome at times, somtimes forever! My personal approach is to host them on my own server or register with a company in my local area which I can trust.

But nevertheless, here is some information which might lead you to your destination.

Hosting -- Cheap or free? 

Very Promising -- MusicWebTown

MailBoxDrive -- Worth a try

Multiply -- A site my friend told me about

Music V2 -- Google search result  tongue.gif

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

If you want a free web hosting for any sikhi stuff just tell me what you want and I can host it for you on Khalsa Host its a free hosting site only for sikhi sites

and you can have how much space you want

also soon we will be giving free domain names too

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh