Power Of Meditation

Surajsingh

"In 1985, the meditation team made a video of monks drying cold, wet sheets with body heat. They also documented monks spending a winter night on a rocky ledge 15,000 feet high in the Himalayas. The sleep-out took place in February on the night of the winter full moon when temperatures reached zero degrees F. Wearing only woolen or cotton shawls, the monks promptly fell asleep on the rocky ledge, They did not huddle together and the video shows no evidence of shivering. They slept until dawn then walked back to their monastery. "

Wow.

Does any one know ny specific yoga form in sikhism which helps one reach the alphalevel of the mind and thus control his emotions and actions.

I try the simple naam meditation in which I try to connect the soul with the almighty ......and it is blissful for those minutes and the relaxation is amazing. However I wish to go to the second level....ny guidance is appreciated...

Please also describe your meditation experiences if u have had any blissfull occurings.....

Fateh

In Sikhi, there is no such yoga form. In Sikhi our only goal should be to merge with Waheguru and obtain His Darshan.

raaj na chaaoo mukat na chaaoo man preet charan kamlaare

Nice to know that....but i heard Some Very Respected singhjee is leading the campaign in the US (in the Cali area prbbly ) wherein he has taught gora people kundalini yoga and so on...

I repeat my question .....are there any forms of Meditations in sikhi.

I repeat my question .....are there any forms of Meditations in sikhi.

There is Simran - and there are many ways of doing simran. Personally I prefer the way described here: http://www.sikhroots.net/audio/Lectures/Sa...an%201%20UK.mp3

and here:

http://www.sikhroots.net/audio/Lectures/Sa...an%202%20UK.mp3

never forget: "Jin Prem Kiyo Thin Hi Prabh Paiyo" - in Sikhi prema bhagti is above all yoga, puja etc.