Depressed And Don't Know What To Do!

Guest _Gupt_

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker
yeah ok.........i was replying back to your post peacemaker as i dont think its right to take your dastaar off the way you do. your head should always be covered. so my post was in reply to ways to give your hair air while still having your keksi on you.

I beg your pardon? I knew you were talking about me, so I smiled at you. Did you want me to do anything else? Keeping your dastaar on all the time is first grade stuff. I'm going for a Ph.D in this life and try and break away from this human body.

yeah ok.........i was replying back to your post peacemaker as i dont think its right to take your dastaar off the way you do. your head should always be covered. so my post was in reply to ways to give your hair air while still having your keksi on you.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

and I agree with you

you should try to keep your head covered all the time(except for when having a shower or combing your hair :) )

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Guest ...........
Same thing happened started to happen to me. Well don't cut your hair, but what I do is I take my dastaar off when I'm at home. It gives my hair much needed air and is very refreshing actually.

I think we should keep our keski on at all times. When you're at home, you obiviously do not have to wear your dastaar but keep a keski on loose.

respect.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa ,waheguru ji ki fateh

zomg, same thing happened to me , i started losing hair after doing patka to tight anf when i switched to dastar a year back it got even worse and right now hmm i look like one of em buddist monks? no offense jus saying i do haha. i guess its diff though cause im a guy, but i aint rly tryin to judge but u seem to b rly worried about every1 else but urself. like u seem to b rly worried about every1 elses opinion of ur appearence, im not attackin u ,we all care way to much about how we look, i take like soo long to get dastar perfect and everything, still gottta work on that ha, but basicaly do simran and some serious pure ardas, ull know deep down inside if cutting ur hair or w/e is "good" or not. We seem to look outwards for advice and answers, truth is they lie within us.... just ask ur true self. hope it helps ;) haha this is kinda my view of things sooo its prob not right :)

waheguru ji ka khalsa ,waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Original poster

I'm not saying I want to cut my hair to only disguise the hair loss but to give it an opportunity to grow. The hair transplant would obviously replace what hair I've lost but I think if I was to continue wearing a dastaar then I would lose that hair too.

I've tried different ways of tying my dastaar but the receding hairline jus does not stop. I tie my joora fairly loose and again that has had no impact.

I've been to the doctors on numerous occasions in the past few years, even cried in front of my doctor because it really has brought me down that much, but after loads of tests..etc...the doctor was able to give me a clean bill of health. I do do other things to make myself feel good and it does work but then the following morning I comb my hair again and I see my forehead!

maajh mehalaa 5 ||

Maajh, Fifth Mehla:

dhukh thadhae jaa visar jaavai ||

They forget the Lord, and they suffer in pain.

bhukh viaapai bahu bidhh dhhaavai ||

Afflicted with hunger, they run around in all directions.

simarath naam sadhaa suhaelaa jis dhaevai dheen dhaeiaalaa jeeo ||1||

Meditating in remembrance on the Naam, they are happy forever. The Lord, Merciful to the meek, bestows it upon them. ||1||

sathigur maeraa vadd samarathhaa ||

My True Guru is absolutely All-powerful.

jeee samaalee thaa sabh dhukh lathhaa ||

When I dwell upon Him in my soul, all my sorrows depart.

chi(n)thaa rog gee ho peerraa aap karae prathipaalaa jeeo ||2||

The sickness of anxiety and the disease of ego are cured; He Himself cherishes me. ||2||

baarik vaa(n)gee ho sabh kishh ma(n)gaa ||

Like a child, I ask for everything.

dhaedhae thott naahee prabh ra(n)gaa ||

God is Bountiful and Beautiful; He never comes up empty.

pairee pai pai bahuth manaaee dheen dhaeiaal gopaalaa jeeo ||3||

Again and again, I fall at His Feet. He is Merciful to the meek, the Sustainer of the World. ||3||

ho balihaaree sathigur poorae ||

I am a sacrifice to the Perfect True Guru,

jin ba(n)dhhan kaattae sagalae maerae ||

who has shattered all my bonds.

hiradhai naam dhae niramal keeeae naanak ra(n)g rasaalaa jeeo ||4||8||15||

With the Naam, the Name of the Lord, in my heart, I have been purified. O Nanak, His Love has imbued me with nectar. ||4||8||15||

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, I think you forgot to try one more thing. You will never find happiness in this world. Even if you do get your hair back, not even that will give you happiness, instead you will ask for more. Just be content with what you have; naam and there is nothing greater than that. You may think its easier said than done but take this from someone who has been through alot worse than you and the only time I found happiness is when I japped naam. Everything else will just seem worthless when you realise the truth.

:) best wishes

i dont mean to sound ignorant, but i dont see what the problem is. you wear a dastar so ur head is covered up at all times anyway. ive lost alot of my hair above my forhead, looks kinda funny lol :) but ive never even thought twice about it.

if all your friends saw it or ur husband to be i dont think they would be bothered either. its you who has the issue, and you need to overcome it. dont worry about looking in the mirror and not being pleased by what you see, your body is false anyway, its only tempory, so dont get stressed about the little things.

better still get rid of your mirror lol ;)