Sikh Lobby & Candlelit Vigil - Houses Of Parliament, London

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WILL TRY AND ADD A FEW MORE MPs IN THE MORNING BEFORE APPEARING ON BBC ASIAN NETWORK IN THE MORNING AT AROUND 8.10AM

ANDY LOVE MP

Member for Edmonton since 1 May 1997 general election

Thank you very much for the invitation to the above event. Mr Love has said that he will due h is best to attend the meeting tomorrow.

Kind regards

Stacey Vickers

Researcher to Andy Love MP

Labour/Co-operative Member of Parliament for Edmonton

post-2951-1193724689.jpg

It would be good if we can post a selection of responses from MPs that have confirmed they will be taking part in the APPG for UK Sikhs meeting, the Sikh Lobby, Candlelit Vigil etc.

MARK HENDRICK MP

Member for Preston since 23 November 2000 by-election

Mark will be happy to meet with the delegation from his constituency between 11.30am and 1.30pm in committee room 18.

Yours sincerely

Estelle Warhurst

Parliamentary Assistant to

Mark Hendrick, Member of Parliament for Preston

post-2951-1193726715.jpg

It would be good if we can post a selection of responses from MPs that have confirmed they will be taking part in the APPG for UK Sikhs meeting, the Sikh Lobby, Candlelit Vigil etc.

ADRIAN BAILEY MP

Member for West Bromwich West since 23 November 2000 by-election

Adrian will be attending the event in Committee Room 18 and will be happy to meet with constituents to discuss any issue that they may have.

With best wishes

Gurpreet Singh Brar

Office of Adrian Bailey MP

Member for West Bromwich West

post-2951-1193728261.jpg

ELLIOT MORLEY MP

Member for Glanford and Scunthorpe 1987-97, for Scunthorpe since 1 May 1997 general election

I will be happy to drop in on Tuesday to the lobby. Give my offivce a ring and let me know who is coming down from Scunthorpe. I'll be happy to take you for a cup of tea.

regards

Elliot

post-2951-1193728467.jpg

DAVID WINNICK MP

Member for Walsall North since 3 May 1979 general election

Many thanks for your email.

I will do my best to come along to the meeting taking place tomorrow.

Best wishes.

Yours sincerely,

David Winnick

post-2951-1193728633.jpg

The Sikh Lobby Day was mentioned by Khalid Mahmood MP on a BBC Radio5 discussion at about 10.15pm on Tuesday. In the discussion on Saudi Arabian human rights , Khalid said 'we should also protest about human rights violations in other countries such as India, today I met a delegation of Sikhs tha told me thousand of Sikhs had been killed and tortured in India'. He went on to say where were the protesters when India's PM came to the UK?

Sikh Federation(UK) honour Human Rights Watch in UK Parliament

Punjab Newsline Network

Thursday, 01 November 2007

LONDON: Bhai Amrik Singh, the Chair of the Sikh Federation (UK) presented Brad Adams, the Asia Director at Human Rights Watch, with a silver plate which the Federation reserve for those that make a significant contribution on behalf of the Sikh community.

Former Foreign Secretary, Rt. Hon Margaret Beckett MP along with a number of other former and current Ministers as well as numerous MPs came to listen to Brad Adams, the Asia Director at Human Rights Watch, who on 18 October 2007 released a 123-page report titled: 'India: Time to Deliver Justice for Atrocities in Punjab - Investigate and Prosecute Perpetrators of ‘Disappearances’ and Killings'.

Ministers that attended the meeting included, Ben Bradshaw, the Minister of State (Health Services); Minister for the South West; Pat McFadden - Minister of State, Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform; Claire Ward – a Treasury Minister and Paramjit Singh Dhanda the Minister for Community Cohesion.

Other former Ministers that attended the meeting included: Rt. Hon Elliot Morley MP, Minister for Fisheries, Water & Nature Protection and later, Minister for Environment & Climate Change; Rt. Hon John Spellar MP, former Minister for the Armed Forces, Minister for Transport and later, Minister for Northern Ireland; and Fiona Mactaggart MP, former Minister at the Home Office.

Other prominent MPs, that attended the meeting included Simon Hughes MP, the President of the Liberal Democrats and Rob Marris MP the Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group for UK Sikhs.

http://www.punjabnewsline.com/content/view/6330/92/

post-2951-1193953812.jpg