Depressed-i Think I'm Going Crazy

Guest HELP ME!!!!

i myself used to get really really depressed nothing seemed to help. i thought no-one was there and felt really alone. but its just a stage. i thought i would never get through it i seemed to get worse everyday. but things changed because i kept faith and did not give up. now im really happy and i just cant believe i was so low. but i just accept it as a stage i went through that helped me become happy.

just hang in and talk to someone about how you are feeling(anyone).

tc it will get better!

over and out

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

IMHO, you should talk to a counselor or a qualified person who deals with these types of things on a daily basis. You're not alone and you can be helped, my friend!

This is a VERY serious topic and I would urge everyone to be extremely careful in how they respond to this individual.

Sometimes I think to myself am I just over exagerating, but seriously I need to atleast get this out if anyone is willing to read.

But I am seriously depressed, simran is good while im sitting down and doing it, but after that it doesnt really help my mental state. I am actually getting suicidal thoughts like I don't know how many times a day, but its quite worrying the amount. Sometimes I just break down complelty, I start just literally shaking with all this pressure, my body gets so hot its like a heater.

My family pretty much hate me, well yeah they do love me, but they just cant handle me anymore (neither can i), they say I'm giving them too much stress, I suppose I am, but then I just wana kill myself even more.

I really need some help, in short, I am sad and p***ed off all the time, hate myself, family cant help me anymore, and I want to kill myself.

I'm not sure if anyone can really help, but thanks for reading folks blink.gif

First of all no need to commit suicide because you will end up back here. And try to stay in Anand (blissful) state.

well to update you guys on the situation, as you have shown me much love.

Past couple of days I have been trying to keep myself occupied, I think and hope that Guroo Sahib listened to my prayers and Ive been getting those thoughts ALOT less, I think getting it all out here was great in itself, half the problem was nobody was even willing to listen.

Thanks to the guys who offered to talk to me personally, but I'd really rather not right now say who i am. But just that you offered that really made me feel good.

The thankfull thing is tht im gradually coming out of that constant state, but that when i do, its a really bad one.

But thanks to all for listening, vaheguroo vaheguroo.

Guest Guest#3ff3dup

many say to go and talk to professionals about suicide, but what if we can't? Im sure its not a good reason but many of us face family pressures and such. For example your family might look down upon the whole fact of suicide, and might think that this would shame the family and such..... and before anyone replies don't say this is stupid or any of the other crap people say on this board. The fact of the matter is that this happens... So what do we do then? And if someone says don't tell your family about it, what if you and your family are really well known and your every step and action is accounted for? Living in depression and not being able to talk to anyone can really eff up a person, what are other ways in which to get around depression when your family and even your friends, the ones you believed would be closest to you adandon you aswell?

isrIrwgu mhlw 5 ]

sireeraag mehalaa 5 ||

Siree Raag, Fifth Mehla:

jw kau musklu Aiq bxY FoeI koie n dyie ]

jaa ko musakal ath banai dtoee koe n dhaee ||

When you are confronted with terrible hardships, and no one offers you any support,

lwgU hoey dusmnw swk iB Bij Kly ]

laagoo hoeae dhusamanaa saak bh bhaj khalae ||

when your friends turn into enemies, and even your relatives have deserted you,

sBo BjY Awsrw cukY sBu Asrwau ]

sabho bhajai aasaraa chukai sabh asaraao ||

and when all support has given way, and all hope has been lost

iciq AwvY Esu pwrbRhmu lgY n qqI vwau ]1]

chith aavai ous paarabreham lagai n thathee vaao ||1||

-if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, even the hot wind shall not touch you. ||1||

swihbu inqwixAw kw qwxu ]

saahib nithaaniaa kaa thaan ||

Our Lord and Master is the Power of the powerless.

Awie n jweI iQru sdw gur sbdI scu jwxu ]1] rhwau ]

aae n jaaee thhir sadhaa gur sabadhee sach jaan ||1|| rehaao ||

He does not come or go; He is Eternal and Permanent. Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, He is known as True. ||1||Pause||

.............. cont'd ..........

jw kau icMqw bhuqu bhuqu dyhI ivAwpY rogu ]

jaa ko chi(n)thaa bahuth bahuth dhaehee viaapai rog ||

When you are plagued by great and excessive anxiety, and diseases of the body;

igRsiq kutMib plyitAw kdy hrKu kdy sogu ]

grisath kutta(n)b palaettiaa kadhae harakh kadhae sog ||

when you are wrapped up in the attachments of household and family, sometimes feeling joy, and then other times sorrow;

gauxu kry chu kuMt kw GVI n bYsxu soie ]

goun karae chahu ku(n)tt kaa gharree n baisan soe ||

when you are wandering around in all four directions, and you cannot sit or sleep even for a moment

iciq AwvY Esu pwrbRhmu qnu mnu sIqlu hoie ]3]

chith aavai ous paarabreham than man seethal hoe ||3||

-if you come to remember the Supreme Lord God, then your body and mind shall be cooled and soothed. ||3||

........ cont'd .............

ikrpw kry ijsu pwrbRhmu hovY swDU sMgu ]

kirapaa karae jis paarabreham hovai saadhhoo sa(n)g ||

The Supreme Lord showers His Mercy, and we find the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

ijau ijau Ehu vDweIAY iqau iqau hir isau rMgu ]

jio jio ouhu vadhhaaeeai thio thio har sio ra(n)g ||

The more time we spend there, the more we come to love the Lord.

duhw isirAw kw Ksmu Awip Avru n dUjw Qwau ]

dhuhaa siriaa kaa khasam aap avar n dhoojaa thhaao ||

The Lord is the Master of both worlds; there is no other place of rest.

siqgur quTY pwieAw nwnk scw nwau ]9]1]26]

sathigur thut(h)ai paaeiaa naanak sachaa naao ||9||1||26||

When the True Guru is pleased and satisfied, O Nanak, the True Name is obtained. ||9||1||26||

i've quoted parts that are relevant to your situation. for the entire shabad: http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=180