• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its ok khalistani, i jus took ur msg the wrong way

ya ur rite reading the bhani will help me

im jus not on that path yet

but who knws

maybe wit guru ki kirpa i will b someday

(my brother's words get to me sometimes...hehe)

but i still believe, during our everyday lives, well maybe the one i am leading, bollywood films and hollywood films teach lessons that should b taken seriously also and not made fun of

These so called "lessons" you claim Bollywood films convey will get you no where in life compared to the lessons our Guru's taught us.

sorry...my bad...i took off the 2nd news...i was too mad at those UK goray who are gonna support bollywood and so i posted it...i didnt want UK singhs/singhniaan to get offended so i took it off...a few ppl never speak for the whole country and i apologize it was foolish of me to do so...krodh does make 1 stupid :)

sorry once again ^_^

just to clarify for mandeep its not a rumour i watched the awards event sanjay dutt clearly made that comment. It didnt seem much like an intended joke for he wasnt exactly smiling or laffing when he said it but more in a ridiculing way. It wasnt percieved much as a joke at the event either the crowds were not in fits of laughter, the cam immidietly pointed at stars for their reactions juhi chawla shah ruck etc they had a stunned frozen look on their faces then eyes just wondered around the room.

perhaps some of you have a point sikhs dont exactly have a gud image out there in india i mean turn on the tv set you have these stupid bhangra songs with sikhs made to look like sweaty monkeys dancing and comingout with the ridicolous bruahh with a spray of saliva coming out you see how their heads shake? eyes closed? head swinging side to side? . our own people make us look dumb.

But How many times has sanjay dutt made a comment about muslims bin laden or brahmins? hes halfcaste himself , where has the spirit of jokes gone now? why do they allow jokes directed at one community and not at another?

The industry is dominated by high caste brahmins and indian muslims whilst unfortunatly sikhs are the scapegoat nobody in a top board position to censor control when is a joke and when is it offensive? if there is they aint doin their job and shud be sacked!

A joke can be a joke, but religious form coated ones arent, nor is such an event where film talents r celebrated a suitable place for that . Further reveals the attitude of sony tv, the controlling board and event organisers.

i dont see them stopping their bias , power drunk, their aware

of the power of mass media over people. I think more sikh sardars should enter the modelling arena in india to counter this negative image in bolly films. Even if every sikh on the planet signed a petition and presented it to a bolly director do you think their gonna care? they have a huge target audience of billion just in india, then films sold across pakistan, bangladesh, far east translated all over arab countries especially dubai for cheap entertainment. Im not sure how easy it is for sardars to enter film roles but they need some kind of a parralel platform where they can make an impact.

just to clarify for mandeep its not a rumour i watched the awards event sanjay dutt clearly made that comment. It didnt seem much like an intended joke for he wasnt exactly smiling or laffing when he said it but more in a ridiculing way. It wasnt percieved much as a joke at the event either the crowds were not in fits of laughter, the cam immidietly pointed at stars for their reactions juhi chawla shah ruck etc they had a stunned frozen look on their faces then eyes just wondered around the room.

perhaps some of you have a point sikhs dont exactly have a gud image out there in india i mean turn on the tv set you have these stupid bhangra songs with sikhs made to look like sweaty monkeys dancing and comingout with the ridicolous bruahh with a spray of saliva coming out you see how their heads shake? eyes closed? head swinging side to side? . our own people make us look dumb.

But How many times has sanjay dutt made a comment about muslims bin laden or brahmins? hes halfcaste himself , where has the spirit of jokes gone now? why do they allow jokes directed at one community and not at another?

The industry is dominated by high caste brahmins and indian muslims whilst unfortunatly sikhs are the scapegoat nobody in a top board position to censor control when is a joke and when is it offensive? if there is they aint doin their job and shud be sacked!

A joke can be a joke, but religious form coated ones arent,

nor is such an event where film talents r celebrated a suitable place for that . Further reveals the attitude of sony tv, the controlling board and event organisers.

i dont see them stopping their bias , power drunk, their aware of the power of mass media over people. I think more sikh sardars should enter the modelling arena in india to counter this negative image in bolly films. Even if every sikh on the planet signed a petition and presented it to a bolly director do you think their gonna care? they have a huge target audience of billion just in india, then films sold across pakistan, bangladesh, far east translated all over arab countries especially dubai for cheap entertainment. Im not sure how easy it is for sardars to enter film roles but they need some kind of a parralel platform where they can make an impact.

:)

YEa, Sikh's are misrepresented in Bollywood. I'm dismayed at the fact that Mandip claims Bollywood teaches us good values when generally Bollywood films fail to portray a positive image of Sikhs. Really, if you support Bollywood, you're essentially supporting an anti-Sikh industry.

- Sunny

bijli kaur Posted on Feb 12 2004, 04:57 AM

they have a huge target audience of billion just in india, then films sold across pakistan, bangladesh, far east translated all over arab countries especially dubai for cheap entertainment.
i was raised 18 years in dubai...bollywood is a mistress of the bombay underworld which is operated from dubai...all these bollywood film stars go and kiss the shoes of the indian smugglers in dubai...some actresses even...umm forget it...i juz heard stuff...