!*^%@#! - ANOTHER BOLLYWOOD INSULT!!!!!&#3

ms514

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rochak.. no one's doing anything like that... i don't agree with mandeep that it shouldn't be treated seriously, but i do agree with mandeep that people treat certain jokes one way and certain jokes another way...

of course i'd like to see him get shut up, but look past the joke and look at us too... we can so easily look at all the things where sikhs are opressed, but we dont' look twice when someone else is being oppressed.. it's like we've forgotten that we're supposed to lend ourselves to humanity and not just to us

Forget the Joke! look at the fact that we're disgusted at this joke, but not at the Osama Jokes.

i Don't agree with the joke, so don't get me wrong, i hate him for saying it anyways.. but i also hate when soemone voices an opinion different frrom the consensus, that it's totally rejected. it's a totally logical opinion by Mandeep.. but it's shunned cuz it's not "pleasing".... sure sunjay's wrong, but so are we for laughing at other religious jokes

I'm sure we have laughed white, black, oriental, brown jokes but when jokes hit close to religon they are no longer jokes. So I don't understand what you mean by double standard.
well said :@ coz all others jokes could be offensive but jokes on religion are purely blasphemous :v :g

Oh damn ... i agreed to ROchak ji :) ... sorry forgot to mention ... rolleyes.gif

bul chuk maph!

my opinion is not "pleasing"? opinions rnt meant to b pleasing or unpleasing , they're meant to tell other what u think

n in my case, state the obvious which is that sanjay dutt could have been misquoted, or misunderstood, or even this whole thing was a rumor

and what i meant by dont take it seriously was because u cant belive everything u hear, cuz for media they always use fake stories, and u dont knw what is real or unreal

its so simple to chnage aorund someone's words and make it into something completely different

(saw how to do that on a documentary...lol)

but ya

bollywood is full of rumors, so whats to say that sanjay dutt said that? or someone else? or if neone even said that at all? we have no proof

and we dont knw how these actors r or what they feel

so we cant really judge them by what the media shows us

media jus wnats money, so they'll make up a juicy gossipy story for money

daas n daas u agree wit me, u dont knw what ur tlaking bout !!!! tongue.gif

He will apologize if someone tells him or he realizes what he said (if he said it) is wrong, because he probably didnt mean it in a discriminiating way, so we cant blame him for not knowing he is hurting someones religion

Im sure he will apologize cuz he didnt mean to say it in a rude way or put down another person's religion

he probably just meant it as a joke just like every1 else just means it as a joke and not to make fun of neones religion

its true that many of us will either make jokes or laugh at jokes at the expense of others, which is wrong agreed.

However, IF you are standing on a podium and you make the same joke, unfortunetly that does make it different to a joke between a few friends.

Obviously to Vaheguru its is the same wether we say it in front of thouands or just two or three, but the consequences here and now are different.

We know for a fact that sikhs have been 'dumbed' down in india, as part of an attempt to make us look like trigger happy jatts who just drink, fight and drink! These jokes have been doing the rounds for a while, cant say wether or not he was makig a political comment or not, but as somebody in the country's limelite, the man needs to be careful with what he says.

Look at the Muslims and the Jews as an example of how to counter insults made in the public forum. Even the slightest abuse aimed at them starts of campaigns etc, not only do they get their problem dealt with but at the same time they raise awareness of other issues by using the media. Obviously theres a limit to how much you can abuse this technique!

Lol by the way rochak i agree with you about the shitar! sometimes we spend too much time talking and debating especially with fools, the good old fashioned 'mans' way of sorting out a problem needs to be used every now and then! lol B) Let both have faith in their argument and in Vaheguru, have a good old scrap, and let the winner be the correct one! lol that would stop h

alf the arguments were having! lol

ok some things ur rite, but im not a fool if thas what ur trying to call me

u nevr knw, it could b a political thing

but the thing bout sikh;s being "jatts who drink fite n drink" not only other religions c us as that but our own ppl as well

when u look at punjabi songs, what r they always singing bout?

obviously "jatts" gettin drunk n drooling ovr women

im puttin the word "jatt" in quotes cuz i strongly do NOT belive in this whole caste system, i jus wnated to knw what ur opinions on that were? u only mentioned "jatts", r u trying to say that only sikhs r "jatts"? cuz if thas what ur saying, u jus made a racist comment rite there, sikhs do not believe in caste system so i dun understand y u wrote "jatts"

sory for chnagin topic tho but ya

k n also

ya ur rite, muslims n jews do try n get their point across, but that still doesnt stop all thsoe jks aobut them, nor white ppl jokes, or black ppl jks, or even blonde jks

and by givin someone beats, doesnt solve a problem

by doing that, its just showing us SIKHS as ppl who r causing fites over issues and every1 will get the wrong idea

but if we get to every1 y we r upset, then they will become aware

by beating up sanjay dutt, we will not get our point across and they will have another thing to say bout sikhs, lie and say that we start fites for no reason, and then this issue will not get across to every1

ok some things ur rite, but im not a fool if thas what ur trying to call me

u nevr knw, it could b a political thing

but the thing bout sikh;s being "jatts who drink fite n drink" not only other religions c us as that but our own ppl as well

when u look at punjabi songs, what r they always singing bout?

obviously "jatts" gettin drunk n drooling ovr women

im puttin the word "jatt" in quotes cuz i strongly do NOT belive in this whole caste system, i jus wnated to knw what ur opinions on that were? u only mentioned "jatts", r u trying to say that only sikhs r "jatts"? cuz if thas what ur saying, u jus made a racist comment rite there, sikhs do not believe in caste system so i dun understand y u wrote "jatts"

sory for chnagin topic tho but ya

k n also

ya ur rite, muslims n jews do try n get their point across, but that still doesnt stop all thsoe jks aobut them, nor white ppl jokes, or black ppl jks, or even blonde jks

and by givin someone beats, doesnt solve a problem

by doing that, its just showing us SIKHS as ppl who r causing fites over issues and every1 will get the wrong idea

but if we get to every1 y we r upset, then they will become aware

by beating up sanjay dutt, we will not get our point across and they will have another thing to say bout sikhs, lie and say that we start fites for no reason, and then this issue will not get across to every1

Waheguru!

Sister you have made nice comments here... and i would like to say i agreew wit u on the 'caste' part. Also kinda on the whole issue on the Dutt part. Well ok we shouldnt go ahead and make things worse by beating the guy up but we can get him to realize what he had said, if he had, that it was wrong....

... at least we can get our part through. And ya good post... keep it up! rolleyes.gif

bul chuk maph!